Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, Blossom said:
  Hide contents

also literally everyone calls her Latina on tik Tok as a joke (bc she does that accent sometimes) so ppl will eat it tf up 

can someone please explain why she does the accent as much as i like to think i know her i cant figure out why she does it still :toofunny:

2 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I really think this album has a huge chance of taking AOTY... And that's just by listening to 5 songs :bebe: 

:true:

Spoiler

with the intro and outro sounding so different im excited to hear this work

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I really think this album has a huge chance of taking AOTY... And that's just by listening to 5 songs :bebe: 

Tell the scammys not to fuck it up this time around

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, latinataco said:

can someone please explain why she does the accent as much as i like to think i know her i cant figure out why she does it still :toofunny:

She actually spent a couple months with a host family in Spain during high school if I remember correctly.

5 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

Some mixed feedback on the grants has me so curious.

some saying a top ten Lana song and some saying it’s fine

Spoiler
Spoiler

Definitely not a top 10 at all. I prefer all the other songs but the last 2-3 minutes are a godly and religious experience that will take you places 

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

she deserves it but I'm sure that they will pick SZA instead :xgiggle:

1 minute ago, Blossom said:

I totally forgot about Sza, what's funny is that I'm listening to SOS rn.

that's very likely to happen now that I think about it.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

14 minutes ago, DCooper said:

OMG @Fingertips

Hide contents

wow I am totally speechless, I will say more once I have had time to process it but what an incredible song. I almost feel like it's too personal, like reading a diary we weren't meant to see. What a bold and brave and STUNNING song, and so experimental with the lack of structure and stream of consciousness storytelling. It's feels like a massive novel distilled into a song :cryney2:

Both an absolutely devastating exploration of grief and trauma and an empowering love letter to the perseverance of the soul

Just got home from work and saw this :oprah4:

Spoiler

I'm so, so happy you like it! I feel the same exact way, "a diary we aren't supposed to be reading" is a perfect description :oprah: I love it so much!!! It's so...existential and gut wrenching, yet hopeful at the same time.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

Like Rocky Mountain hiiiiighhhhhh

THE WAY

JOHN

DENVER

SINGS

mxahtXd.thumb.gif.fe1ab670b5692a969b22b8

the grants IS a career highlight

Spoiler

i hate the intro but i have a feeling it will grow on me after a few more plays...

Spoiler

the lyrics to fingertips are so beautiful :eartha: but the fact that she made it into a wordy, trailing, hard-to-follow song instead of a poem especially with terrible boring drew erickson production ruins the entire thing...

19 minutes ago, Trrrrrr said:
  Hide contents

someone on review platforms said it's worse than bluebanister and the grants is a skip bad for them:noparty:

Spoiler

Nonsense. Ocean Boulevard, AW and Grandfather are better than anything on BB. Antonoff and Hermosa are so much better than the group of BB producers. John Baptiste interlude beats the Trio as far as interludes go.

But, I can understand how someone would be a little disappointed with Sweet, The Grants, Fingertips and and Judah Smith interlude. 

2 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I totally forgot about Sza, what's funny is that I'm listening to SOS rn.

that's very likely to happen now that I think about it.

mark my words, its what's going to happen. On the bright side, Lana still has a chance though in other categories bc they're nominated for different genres 

Just now, Ebola said:
  Hide contents

the lyrics to fingertips are so beautiful :eartha: but the fact that she made it into a wordy, trailing, hard-to-follow song instead of a poem especially with terrible boring drew erickson production ruins the entire thing...

Spoiler

GET OFF !!! YOU'RE WRONG !!!! :krylie:

we're so lucky that she's not only maintained a consistent stream of work over the past decade but that she's continually evolving and improving as an artist (with the exception of BB, ily girl but you're the ugly duckling xx) I really hope she continues to garner respect and maybe even get AOTY for Ocean Blvd, but I'm not holding my breath.

Spoiler

Also before the Ritalin wears off I need to say... I think The Grants is evidence of her really doing the work on herself and finding happiness and inner peace. After her laptop was stolen, she said on the livestream "even if all I have left is my innermost thoughts..." because not only has she been commodified/made fun of and unfairly criticised for years, she's also had her house broken into, dealt with stalkers and had her property/poetry book/video camera stolen etc

To me, this song is her saying "well, I still have my innermost thoughts, and that's what I'm taking with me; the memory of my sisters first born child, my grandmother, etc etc."

Ok thats all, my boss is hassling me, bye.

1 minute ago, Ebola said:
  Hide contents

Thank you! Drew Erickon needs to disapper from Lana world.

3 minutes ago, Blossom said:

It's either SZA or Miley... Or fucking Beyonce if she releases Renaissance vol. 2 :crying3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Just now, plastiscguy said:

It's either SZA or Miley... Or fucking Beyonce if she releases Renaissance vol. 2 :crying3:

Spoiler

speaking of miley did anyone listen to the demo for flowers? it sounds so different