Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

ok lemme transcribe Grandfather's lyrics bc I'm crazy - they're not perfect, but they're close

sorry if someone else already did, i haven't caught up

Ā 

Ā 

3 white butterflies to know you're near

Ā 

I know they think that it took somebody else

To make me beautiful, beautiful

As they intended me to be

-- But they're wrongĀ 

Ā 

I know they think that it took thousands of people

To put me together again, like an experiment

Some big man behind the scenes

Someone Frankensteined their dreams into my song

-- But they're wrong

Ā 

God,Ā  if you're near me, send me 3 white butterflies

Or an out of nowhere [???] sitting while I'm drinking
Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father
While he's deep sea fishing, for sharks in the Pacific

'Cause I'm good onĀ spirit, warm-bodied
Available [?]Ā wrapped up in [?]
Ā 

I'm folk, I'm jazz, I'm blue, I'm green
RegrettablyĀ also a white woman

But I have good intentions
Even if I'm one of the last onesĀ 
If you don't believe me, read my poetry
And my melodies, feel it in your bones
Ā 

I have good intentions
Even if I'm one of the last ones
Yeah...

Yeah...

Yeah...Ā 

Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father
While he's deep sea fishing, for all the things he's wishing
God, if you're near me send me 3 white butterflies
Or a map to [???], impart on me your wisdomĀ 

It took somebody else to make me beautiful
Wonderful
As they intended me to be
-- But they're wrong

Ā 

3 white butterflies to know you're near

Ā 

That line is true.Ā :defeated: She's really testing the haters on this album.

7 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Itā€™s ok! Honestly I do think the line is pretty dumb but itā€™s obvious Lana just phrases thingsĀ inĀ the worst possible way sometimes.Ā I totally agree she should not get canceled for shit like that. I just have flashbacks of having to defend her 24/7 to everyone and their mother (including my momšŸ’€) after QFTC and the mesh mask so Iā€™m like:paris:

Lmaoooo I totally feel you, I just ignore what people say because men continue getting away with being abusers and sociopaths while women are nailed at the cross for being politically incorrect/air headedĀ sometimesĀ and I don't think it's fair (I don't defend her during these moments, I just let people vent and focus on the music)

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedĀ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Ā 

Ā 

So far I think my prediction was right and this album is going to end up 4-5 on my album tier list:agree:

Ā 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

ā€Ė–Ā°Ā ā‹†.ą³ƒąæ”Ā this is my idea of funĀ Ā°ā€ā‹†.ą³ƒąæ”*:ļ½„

New here, hi everybodyĀ :wub:Ā joining just to say:

Spoiler

Fingertips is absolutely beyond. The development and expansion of the melody over the course of 5 minutes is so emotional and beautiful, and to think that she did that all in one stream of consciousness is so mother. The repetitive and iterative melody also really gives me Wagner and his endless melodies. So interesting to see her music become more operatic as the lyrics tackle HUGE themes like the legacy of death in her life and in her future!!!

Ā 

The lyricism and vocals are godly, too. The way she sings "I'll give you a blanket," and just imagining that small act of love and care, and what it would mean to be able to do that for a loved one's soul.Ā :crai:Ā I can't even talk more about the lyrics without getting emotional!

Ā 

The song is also REALLY giving me Ancestress by Bjƶrk. The repetitive melody, the focus on death, the mommy issues, the legacies of our lost loved ones... The convergent evolutions of their psyches and songwriting - something's pulsing in the culture!!!

Ā 

Just now, Telomeres said:

New here, hi everybodyĀ :wub:Ā joining just to say:

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Fingertips is absolutely beyond. The development and expansion of the melody over the course of 5 minutes is so emotional and beautiful, and to think that she did that all in one stream of consciousness is so mother. The repetitive and iterative melody also really gives me Wagner and his endless melodies. So interesting to see her music become more operatic as the lyrics tackle HUGE themes like the legacy of death in her life and in her future!!!

Ā 

The lyricism and vocals are godly, too. The way she sings "I'll give you a blanket," and just imagining that small act of love and care, and what it would mean to be able to do that for a loved one's soul.Ā :crai:Ā I can't even talk more about the lyrics without getting emotional!

Ā 

The song is also REALLY giving me Ancestress by Bjƶrk. The repetitive melody, the focus on death, the mommy issues, the legacies of our lost loved ones... The convergent evolutions of their psyches and songwriting - something's pulsing in the culture!!!

Ā 

Wow, what an incredible and insightfulĀ post. Ā Welcome to LanaBoards little Fingertipster.Ā :oprah:

I askedĀ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Lmaoooo I totally feel you, I just ignore what people say because men continue getting away with being abusers and sociopaths while women are nailed at the cross for being politically incorrect/air headedĀ sometimesĀ and I don't think it's fair (I don't defend her during these moments, I just let people vent and focus on the music)

I hate it actually, as a woman myself I feel like itā€™s extremely frustrating to basicallyĀ forceĀ women in the industry to state their political opinions because they ā€œhave a platformā€ and then get mad that their opinions arenā€™t exactly what they want or that they sound like they donā€™t know what their talking aboutĀ (which lets be real, unless youā€™re constantly keeping up with everything in the world, NO ONE knows what they are talking aboht half the time).

She's going for the jugular on the album. I genuinely think this is what Rock Candy Sweet was supposed to be. Blue Banisters was a nice "karmic lineage" detour and Lana reassessing her journey so far. This is present day Lana - wordy, verbose, pissed off, and ready to light some flames again. She isn't the type of girl to apologize - we all know she onlyĀ doubles down. She's going hard.

1 minute ago, Lentilus said:

I'm confused by the LB "please read", did the album leak in full? I'm not looking links btw id never ruin first listen.Ā :diva:

No but a couple songs and snippets did, something extremely inappropriateĀ was posted on an outside website and unfortunately a lot of users opened it expecting a song, which is what prompted that post.

Spoiler

Not gonna listen to a tagged song leak but does she say that white woman line on Grandfather very clearly or in a way where you could argue she's saying something else? We need to push a newĀ narrative!

Ā 

qfrWuBl.png

Just now, Fingertips said:

Wow, what an incredible and insightfulĀ post. Ā Welcome to LanaBoards little Fingertipster.Ā :oprah:

Thank you so much šŸ„° I've been lurking since the COCC le*ks and when I saw that history was repeating itself with DYKTTATUOB I knew it was time to join the chaos and the discourseĀ :sass:

Just now, TrashMagiq said:
Ā  Hide contents

Not gonna listen to a tagged song leak but does she say that white woman line on Grandfather very clearly or in a way where you could argue she's saying something else? We need to push a newĀ narrative!

Ā 

Ā 

It's very clear. I don't think that leak is HQ but I made that line out very clearly, while missing others. She's going for it, lol.

Just now, TrashMagiq said:
Ā  Hide contents

Ā 

I've listened to the song almost 10 times now, and didn't ever catch that line until people here pointed it out. She does one of her mumbles for sure.

Just now, Poor Stacy said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā  Hide contents

It's very clear. I don't think that leak is HQ but I made that line out very clearly, while missing others. She's going for it, lol.

Ā 

Ā 

I've listened to the song almost 10 times now, and didn't ever catch that line until people here pointed it out. She does one of her mumbles for sure.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9527k86oe14oonuxg0d1q

Ā 

Just now, Poor Stacy said:
Ā  Hide contents

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

oprah-winfrey-so-what-is-the-truth.gif

Ā 

qfrWuBl.png

Spoiler

So you sayĀ thereā€™s a chanceā€¦Ā for us?:crying4:

Ā 

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:
Ā  Hide contents

Are we interpreting the line wrong? Maybe she meant she acted like a white women, but she had good intentions.

Ā 

Spoiler

it has to be wrong lol no way she said that (or in that context)

Ā