Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

6 hours ago, latinataco said:

would love to know your fav songs

1. Venice Bitch

2. Ride

3. Video Games

4. Blue Jeans

5. West Coast

6. Born to Die

7. Young & Beautiful

8. Mariner's Apartment Complex

9. Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd?

10. White Dress

But it changes.

6 hours ago, brooklyn bitch said:

Fingertips slander tells me all I need to know about someone’s taste levels

Puh-lease! Just because someone doesn't like the same song you like, it makes them an LDR nincompoop or a music culture fail? Get real.

The first half of A&W is very introspective. I wouldn’t necessarily call it spiritual but it’s def got more substance than doin’ time 

2 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:
  Hide contents

the album seems to take a more spiritual direction, judging by the first songs and fingertips

I think a&w is an exception to the overall vibe here, it's like the doin' time of the album

I can’t wait for the review of Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Boulevard? On Red Scare. Their blue bannisters review was great and we know those whores who stan Morrisey wont attack her for not masking/being a glamorous person/not being entirely woke

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Pitchfork gave Best New Music to the Kali Uchis, Kelela and Caroline Polachek albums (as they should!) so if they don’t give it to Lana this time around, I’ll personally make sure their headquarters are set on fire filled with rabid stans reciting Violet from start to finish until the end of the year.

IMG-7960.jpg

47 minutes ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

why do like 500 new users keep joining and then asking what leaked? like at least say something to do with the discussion damn

ot: it would’ve been coming out a week today.. :rip:

i wonder if anyone will actually receive it next friday 

like theres a forum dedicated to leaks you can go there:bebe:

10 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Pitchfork gave Best New Music to the Kali Uchis, Kelela and Caroline Polachek albums (as they should!) so if they don’t give it to Lana this time around, I’ll personally make sure their headquarters are set on fire filled with rabid stans reciting Violet from start to finish until the end of the year.

The good news is they’ve given positive reviews to both singles, and BNM to A&W, so… Fingers crossed. 

No matter what happens, we all know Alexis Peditris already has his 3/5 rating ready. :wub:

19 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

She'll get anywhere from 7.3 - 7.8 and half the review will talk about A&W

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

4 minutes ago, DietMountainJack said:

Seeing slightly too much The Grants slander in here for my liking... :wtfney:

Spoiler

ive seen ppl rank it top 3 best lana openers im :defeated:it's def getting her flowers 

Spoiler

I’ll say this re: The Grants

i enjoyed it but only listened once. It didn’t quite hit me except as an interesting and pleasant opener, but thematically sound given the religious themes. Looking forward to analysing further when I hear it in context with the album. Does anyone have the lyrics (sorry, hate being that person)?

11 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:
  Hide contents

I’ll say this re: The Grants

i enjoyed it but only listened once. It didn’t quite hit me except as an interesting and pleasant opener, but thematically sound given the religious themes. Looking forward to analysing further when I hear it in context with the album. Does anyone have the lyrics (sorry, hate being that person)?

grandfather would have been one of her best openings of all time. Right up there with Born to Die. Can't believe she didn't realise that herself. 😩

Just now, barttttender said:

grandfather would have been one of her best openings of all time. Right up there with Born to Die. Can't believe she didn't realise that herself. 😩

mercifully I haven’t listened to Grandfather yet - I couldn’t make it through the non-stop tags (how did y’all do that to yourselves?!)

1 minute ago, ByDayAnother said:

mercifully I haven’t listened to Grandfather yet - I couldn’t make it through the non-stop tags (how did y’all do that to yourselves?!)

It's just too darn good! But well done, you

She's gonna get devoured for that one line in Grandfather... while it's pretty obvious that she's deeply hurt and upset by constantly being called a Trumpie bigot etc. the way she's worded it in the song is just gonna come across as out of touch lol... I love her and yes her intentions are clear to anyone who follows her and understands, but saying it like that isn't gonna do her any favours with people who are just wading in