Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

39 minutes ago, dyktatuob said:
  Hide contents

ive seen ppl rank it top 3 best lana openers im :defeated:it's def getting her flowers 

Spoiler

for me it's definitely the best of all opening songs, one that truly deserves its name (even better than Norman)

33 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:
  Hide contents

I’ll say this re: The Grants

i enjoyed it but only listened once. It didn’t quite hit me except as an interesting and pleasant opener, but thematically sound given the religious themes. Looking forward to analysing further when I hear it in context with the album. Does anyone have the lyrics (sorry, hate being that person)?

Spoiler

That’s a good point! I agree with you and gonna keep that in mind

I haven't cared about critics since Chemtrails but did Tunnel and A/W get any (relevant) negative reviews?

So i flopped and caved in and listened to The Grants (only)

The intro was a bit jarring obviously, but the more i sit with it, the more i like the idea of the choir opening the record and 'taking us to church'. I guess this goes in line with the Pastor Interlude and maybe the more spiritual tings she goes on in some songs ?

And i enjoy the church/spritiual juxtaposition with songs like A&W, which are borderline nihilistic (maybe Fingertips too judging by everyone's descriptions).

I only listened to it twice so i can't really say much more tbh, it sounded very grand and i get why some of y'all compared it to a 'disney' song (not in a bad way). It's mellow but definitely carries and emotional punch. So far i can't make up a ranking of her openers, i need to relisten but i won't be doing that until the album is out (which i'm surprised still hasn't fully leaked)

Anyhow, i'll try my best not to spoil the other tracks, but it's getting super hard. But i will NOT ruin Taco Truck for myself with a snippet, ugh i have to be strong :defeated:

24 minutes ago, Roolette said:

She's gonna get devoured for that one line in Grandfather... while it's pretty obvious that she's deeply hurt and upset by constantly being called a Trumpie bigot etc. the way she's worded it in the song is just gonna come across as out of touch lol... I love her and yes her intentions are clear to anyone who follows her and understands, but saying it like that isn't gonna do her any favours with people who are just wading in 

What’s the lyric?

I hope The Grants has a full blown INTRO.:wub: And not  non-intro like Text Book.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

ngl i'm rly curious ab what pitchfork will rate this one

tbh i'm thinking high bc of the rawness/openness, since her "lack" of it is usually what shes being criticized for

buut they're no strangers to letting her down...

and the fact that kanye west has the 3rd highest average score is enough to question their credibility imo:eek3:

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

1 hour ago, Sportscruiser said:

Pitchfork gave Best New Music to the Kali Uchis, Kelela and Caroline Polachek albums (as they should!) so if they don’t give it to Lana this time around, I’ll personally make sure their headquarters are set on fire filled with rabid stans reciting Violet from start to finish until the end of the year.

Spoiler

She probably secured a 7.x score with the white woman lyric, taco truck lyrics and Judah Smith involvement.  I hope people are still able to focus on the music though.

1 minute ago, Luna de miel said:

tbh i'm thinking high high bc of the rawness/openness, since her "lack" of it is usually what shes being criticized for

and the fact that kanye west has the 3rd highest average score is enough to question their credibility imo:eek3:

tbh Kanye West was incredibly talented and his music was good. he was one of the best hip-hop producers, as well. his becoming a Nazi stained his legacy but he was talented.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Luna de miel said:

tbh i'm thinking high high bc of the rawness/openne, since her "lack" of it is usually what shes being criticized for

isnt NFR like the highest rated album they've ever done

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

4 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

What’s the lyric?

Spoiler

I'm folk, I'm jazz, I'm blue, I'm green

Regrettably also a white woman

But I have good intentions

Even if I'm one of the last ones 

If you don't believe me, read my poetry

And my melodies, feel it in your bones

To me she's clearly saying that due to her privilege and ignorance in her life experience she's made mistakes, and she knows people won't believe she isn't doing it on purpose, but she urges people to pay attention to what she's written so she isn't misunderstood. But the way she's worded that will come across as tone deaf and whatnot

6 minutes ago, Luna de miel said:

tbh i'm thinking high high bc of the rawness/openness, since her "lack" of it is usually what shes being criticized for

Kanye has some very good albums for sure

10 minutes ago, Roolette said:
  Reveal hidden contents

To me she's clearly saying that due to her privilege and ignorance in her life experience she's made mistakes, and she knows people won't believe she isn't doing it on purpose, but she urges people to pay attention to what she's written so she isn't misunderstood. But the way she's worded that will come across as tone deaf and whatnot

:thumb2:

2 minutes ago, Roolette said:
  Hide contents

Oh no. That comes across as more than tone deaf, to me. I mean, I get what she's saying but yikes.

giphy.gif