Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, baddisease said:

Oh no. That comes across as more than tone deaf, to me. I mean, I get what she's saying but yikes.

Literally. I don't know why she had to word it that way. I'm not defending her as I feel like it was unnecessary to say it like that as she's already addressed this topic and other ways without having to use that word choice 😅😅😅

Spoiler

i'm black and could not care less about that lyric, it's nor near as problematic as QFTC imo. her saying "white woman" doesn't mean that much

Since QFTC, LB has been on the edge of her getting cancelled for whatever little thing she could be writing even though it’s often interpreted the way it should (except by two-cell brains on Twitter and TikTok). :awkney: 

Can't wait for the LDR10 pre-relase thread that'll be created in 3 weeks :beyonce:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Just now, Honeyyoung said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i'm black and could not care less about that lyric, it's nor near as problematic as QFTC imo. her saying "white woman" doesn't mean that much

Spoiler

true i just wish she didn't use the word "regrettably" 😭😭😭 

7 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

isnt NFR like the highest rated album they've ever done

NFR was the highest rated newly released female album ever, until Fiona Apple got a higher score a year later. They have multiple retrospective reviews where they give 10s left and right to classics, like Bjork, Radiohead etc.

9 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:
  Hide contents

She probably secured a 7.x score with the white woman lyric, taco truck lyrics and Judah Smith involvement.  I hope people are still able to focus on the music though.

It's so sad that we even have to discuss that. The way only a few lines and artistic choices that could possibly get misunderstood affect a whole album rating.

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:
  Hide contents

It's more the "regrettably" part that I think won't go over well.

giphy.gif

In regards to that lyric

At worst it's corny, but what she's saying is completely vaild and self-aware, if people chose to purposefuly twist it or it goes over their head, that's their problem.

She's clearly adopted an 'idgaf' attitued as she should, because she's become very open and vulnerable.

But like i've said before, she's uncancellable and if the BLM line on Text Book didn't make any noise, neither will this tbh

Just now, BartenderDeco said:

where’s her label and her management? like they know her history when it comes to this and they approved that lyric :facepalm:

I always think about this, like if that was my friend/collaborator I'd be telling her it's a bad idea. This lyric reminds me of Facebook mom memes where it's like 'I don't care if you're purple or orange etc. I LOVE EVERYONE' like pls be serious 

Just now, dyktatuob said:
  Hide contents

true i just wish she didn't use the word "regrettably" 😭😭😭 

Spoiler

I think she means by that that she doesn’t see herself much into the « angry white emerging voice » that is getting more racist than ever. But hey, I don’t know, I haven’t even heard the snippet or song from which it’s from, I just read the spoiler tags

2 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

where’s her label and her management? like they know her history when it comes to this and they approved that lyric :facepalm:

Maybe because it's not ill-intended and she has absolutely artistic freedom? :flop: Lana already stated that if her contract wasn't as permissive she wouldn't be in the game.

Just now, PARADIXO said:

Maybe because it's not ill-intended and she has absolutely artistic freedom? :flop: Lana already stated that if her contract wasn't as permissive she wouldn't be in the game.

i know it’s not ill-intended but from the perspective of the gp it is… i’m glad she has artistic freedom but they should tell her it’s not a good idea once in a while

She’s never going to get a low scoring album again, I don’t know what some of you are on 🤷‍♀️ she could release an album of her smoking a bong while ad-libbing and it would get a 7 at this point- the media have gone in the opposite direction critically

5 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:
  Reveal hidden contents

one of the Taco Truck snippets had a really strong bass

To be fair, the snippets were distorted and muffed. For all we know this could be another Cinnamon Girl situation, where fans complain after hearing the HQ version :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: