Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, latinataco said:

excuse my ignorance if i misunderstood but i think by "white culture" we're referring to american culture. i don't see why else this is such a deal to any other culture. american's are soft. grow up!!!

Totally, but it's not Americans per se, it's certainly not the majority. It's the small but loud minority of 'Woke' or, as someone here once brilliantly called them, the 'fake Woke people' who see a chance to get attention and so stand in the town square and make accusations about everything to anyone. 

4 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

canadian culture supremacy :godlaugh:

ofc other countries have "white culture" but USA seems to take it a bit too far so i think the lyric effects more western culture than others.

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Totally, but it's not Americans per se, it's certainly not the majority. It's the small but loud minority of 'Woke' or, as someone here once brilliantly called them, the 'fake Woke people' who see a chance to get attention and so stand in the town square and make accusations about everything to anyone. 

:true:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

2 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

canadian culture supremacy :godlaugh:

Yeah, 'White culture' is pretty broad, and most European people are also 'White.' That also includes Canada as well as the United States. So to attack 'White culture' using those words is as stupid as attacking 'Hispanic' culture, when you really only mean the people of Peru or Honduras, as if all 'Hispanic' people are somehow identical and do not have their own specific traditions and history. 

53 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

Or she can write whatever she wants to, since she's a grown woman?

By all means, call her out on her cringiness or tone-deafness when it's present, but a singer-songwriter at 37 who values her own artistic vision is not gonna be swayed by her team :toofunny:

It's almost insulting.

And like someone pointed out earlier, men receive way less scrunity when it comes to this stuff

Not really-people always bring up the gender debate and it may have been valid 10 years ago or so but she is a singer songwriter in the traditional mold so she can expect to have her lyrics analysed and critiqued

the whole picture isn't that good for her. lana is someone is presents themselves to be more republican than democrat, so woke people will run with that. QFTC, the mask, the lyrics... it just give these people great ways to try to cancel her. i understand she should say and do what she wants, its her art, but i'm still very surprised the lyric made it to the song.

You have to look at the full picture- saying things like my boyfriends are “rappers” in response to accusations of racism is at worst ignorant and at best misguided deflection from any personal growth.

you can’t say sh*t like this and then “I screamed for them” aswell as the mentioned lyrics on the new leaked album- fans wishing she had more guidance in regards to this isn’t fansplaining or hate mongering.

5 minutes ago, esotericfaerie said:

they better not drag lana for taco when nicki minaj’s new song has her speaking in spanish and directly referencing mexican culture and no one has said anything about it 

would love to know the line for these people where they draw appreciation to appropriation.

4 minutes ago, DidYouKnowImANFRStan said:

Do you think the album has a better metacritic score than NFR!? since I read that many say that it is very good.

idk about better than nfr but it will be better than the last two albums for sure

3 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

I just know the TikTok discourse over this is gonna be juicy :popcorn:

couldn't care less about the opinion of 14 year old woke teens that can't vote and won't vote when they turn 18

9 minutes ago, latinataco said:

the whole picture isn't that good for her. lana is someone is presents themselves to be more republican than democrat, so woke people will run with that. QFTC, the mask, the lyrics... it just give these people great ways to try to cancel her. i understand she should say and do what she wants, its her art, but i'm still very surprised the lyric made it to the song.

let them try and cancel America’s greatest singer-songwriter of our generation. i wish them luck but she’ll never be cancelled. 

5 minutes ago, latinataco said:

would love to know the line for these people where they draw appreciation to appropriation.

idk about better than nfr but it will be better than the last two albums for sure

couldn't care less about the opinion of 14 year old woke teens that can't vote and won't vote when they turn 18

what in the world does voting have to do with anything? and there's nothing wrong with being "woke"

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, latinataco said:

literally can we stop talking about this i will care when her "statement" comes out if there's even one (doubt)

If she’s smart she won’t make a statement, the music is Lana’s statement at this point, every time she tries to explain herself in other media she shoots herself in the foot. 

on one hand i’m super tired of all these newbies coming in here every ten minutes asking idiotic things but on the other hand i love seeing them get banned or put on mod queue 10 seconds after joining the forum 

the trash really does take itself out :true:

Just now, baddisease said:

what in the world does voting have to do with anything? and there's nothing wrong with being "woke"

people love to say things but will never actually vote to change those matters

being woke is okay but there's being woke and fake woke and i view most of these teens online as being woke for no reason.

4 minutes ago, latinataco said:

I think Lana's forceful and stubborn that way, though, as she has the right to be, though whether that's a smart thing to do on a case by case basis is another issue. I'm not surprised in the least, especially if this entire project was written via the mic on her phone and developed out of the 'automatic writing' she spoke about. As stream-of-consciousness material, to make sure it's kept pure, it would have to basically be unedited lyrically. 

Many musicians are equally stubborn. It's their vision and the more likely they imagine something they write will make some people squawk, the more they push back within their own creative process. Among women, Joni Mitchell was that way in the 1970s, Tori Amos and Marianne Faithfull are this way still, and Nico said her philosophy was 'the power of the will to the end,' which, as it turned out, wasn't so life-affirming a philosophy for her. It's well-known that, in their respective bands, Ann Wilson, Chrissie Hyde and Siouxsie Sioux were the stars, leaders and bosses, stated or unstated.