Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Full agree. And Annie Mac is a fascist, spewing nonsense about how women must live and write within a very narrow scope because everything they say and do is projected publicly in some fashion, and might lead others, other people, other women, to think for themselves! Lord knows we cannot have that. All women must become clones of one another and speak in unison from a hive mind. "Clone up, Lana, or get out!"  

'A&W' hopefully blew out the proverbial windows of Mac's office upon release.

annie mac can really suck my dick. who gives a shit about her anymore? i didn’t even know other existence until that interview came out a few years back… irrelevant 

8 minutes ago, latinataco said:

you do realize that hating trump doesn't automatically mean you're not republican... lana is at most moderate when it comes to politics i dont think she picks "a side"

what does this women need to do to y'all to prove that she is not the republican white karen that y'all make her out to be

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

Just now, LanaBalkana said:

Let’s get back to the album. People who heard the grants could you please rank her openers, I’m super curious :pray2:

Spoiler

grant opener made me think i downloaded a fake mp3 thats all i will say

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

1 minute ago, White Dress said:

Are you kidding me. She literally has attended BLM protests, donated $350,000 to the Navajo Nation to help provide them with clean water, and so so much more. Come on, dude. It’s very well known where she lies politically, and that’s objectively to the left. 

But some people will perceive those actions as an attempt at a smokescreen to hide what they perceive as her real values and beliefs. She does come from a part of upstate New York where almost everyone is a Democrat. But what is a Democrat exactly, what is a Republican? Are both parties 'all alike'? It's like saying all 'Hispanic people' are almost completely alike, whether they were born in Puerto Rico or whether they were born in a small town in Brazil. 

Just now, m0th3rcr33p said:

what does this women need to do to y'all to prove that she is not the republican white karen that y'all make her out to be

YALL ARE READING INTO IT OMGGG SDFLJSDFLKJASDFLKJASDLFK goodbye.

1 minute ago, hayden del rey said:

annie mac can really suck my dick. who gives a shit about her anymore? i didn’t even know other existence until that interview came out a few years back… irrelevant 

Did anyone ever really care about Annie Mac or did she just unfortunately have a high profile job for awhile? I live in liberal NYC, bastion of PC-ism, and I've never heard anyone mention her or her fascist opinions. 

Just now, LanaBalkana said:

Let’s get back to the album. People who heard the grants could you please rank her openers, I’m super curious :pray2:

Spoiler

1. White Dress

2. Textbook

3. Cruel World

4. Honeymoon

5. Norman Fucking Rockwell

6. The Grants

7. Ride

8. Born to Die

9. Love

1-6 are all so close for me though :defeated:

It's the way people unironically hyperanalyze her lyrics and convince themselves of her so-called problematic ways based off of their own deluded interpretations. I'm unbothered by this chronically online discourse. The song isn't even really out yet. :blush3:

Spoiler

okay not enough people are talking about PEPPERS!!??? I know it's horrifically tagged to hell and back, but the song underneath is so sexy!! I love it switches up at 2:52 and adds those surf-inspired instruments?? MASTERPIECE!

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

9 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Spoiler

Cruel World

Honeymoon

White Dress

Text Book

Love

Ride

The Grants

Born to Die

Kill Kill

NFR

not to knock on The Grants- it’s great but has some stiff competition

whatarecoloris.jpg

the whole lana and her political stance discourse is so retired and irrelevant. she is obviously doing a mockery just like she did with "fucked my way up to the top" or "money power glory" back then when they were criticizing her for fucking the industry to get on top or whatever. she always have done this, and she always will, her saying "regrettably a white woman" is basic humor in her lyrics where she is covering herself in the way public is making her out to be when she is no where near a karen status... 

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

yall making me feel the need to explain myself. im not calling lana a white republican karen. all i am saying is she publicly will do things that sway more republican and that allows people to get the impression she is a republican. the mask, the questionable lyrics and press releases... it all gives them something to work with. sure she does things that are more democrat but in today's oppressed generation they will ignore all that shit the second they see you doing something questionable. lana is someone who publicly presents themselves as moderate and thats fine. yall need to understand that youre defending a system that is so corrupt anyways. both sides are fucked up. as long as she isn't hurting anyone (starts to act like kanye), let the girl live damn.

6 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Spoiler

Cruel World

White Dress

Ride

Born To Die 

NFR

The Grants

Honeymoon

Textbook

Love

7 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Spoiler

1. White Dress

2. Cruel World

3. Norman fucking Rockwell

4. Born to Die

5. The Grants

6. Text Book

7. Honeymoon

8. Love

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif