Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

honestly this record seems pretty divided between singer songwriter music and actual bops so i don't really think there's much to complain, everyone is having their cake and eating it

7 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

I mean we are the people that basically make sure she can afford making music for herself. 💀

She can at least feed us every now and then? If she doesn’t wanna make a new BTD/UV/HM/LFL she can always release that unreleased anthology set she previously talked about. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'd take that and shut up for a while.

Like I get that from an artistic standpoint she doesn’t owe shit to us but come on…she must know at this point that her current music isn’t clicking with as many people as her discography up to NFR. From a business standpoint that is a bit problematic.

You certainly have delusions of grandeur if you think that without your support that she wouldn't have enough money to live on and support herself. I, like many people on this website, work above minimum wage, and I'm doing just fine for myself. Her managers love the music, her record label supports her, and that's all that matters! We understand that you're pressed and bitter that she follows her creative muses wherever they lead her, but I promise, you're not the center of the universe.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

There is no one else like her though. That’s the problem. 😩 If there was a dollar tree version of BTD-NFR Lana, I'd pack my things and leave but sadly…there isn’t.

The reason why there’s no one quite like her is because she writes what she wants to write. It evolves over time, and it’s just not for you anymore which is okay :agree2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

5 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

Girl she can retire and live off of them BTD checks for the rest of her life 😭, she is already a legend. She don’t need you!! Look at how many new fans and streams she gets without lifting a single finger. Bffr 😭😭

literally she has more monthly listeners than ever and miss girl is talking about how she is losing fans and shit... math aint mathing

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

41 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

But it's just the same conversation about the potential controversial lyrics :toofloppy:

sick of it already :rip: reminds me of qftc/mesh mask. i just hate whenever something “controversial” happens and everyone starts writing thinkpieces; imo the lyrics aren’t even controversial or that deep like damn. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

9 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

I mean we are the people that basically make sure she can afford making music for herself. 💀

She can at least feed us every now and then? If she doesn’t wanna make a new BTD/UV/HM/LFL she can always release that unreleased anthology set she previously talked about. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'd take that and shut up for a while.

Like I get that from an artistic standpoint she doesn’t owe shit to us but come on…she must know at this point that her current music isn’t clicking with as many people as her discography up to NFR. From a business standpoint that is a bit problematic.

Am I crazy or was NFR like crazy successful and put her back on the radar for a lot of people :toofunny: sure the last 2 albums weren’t the greatest but every artist has their ebbs and flows and a lot of people are excited for this one. It honestly seems like you have the unpopular opinion at the moment 

sgopYhV.gif

5 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

There is no one else like her though. That’s the problem. 😩 If there was a dollar tree version of BTD-NFR Lana, I'd pack my things and leave but sadly…there isn’t.

who says nobody likes her, where did you get that information... also, trust me there is too many btd lana inspired musicians for u to listen to, check madison beer

happy uv release year-th thread!! 2014!!!

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

I hope Lana's not offended but I've set The Grants to

Spoiler

start playing from 0:51.2.... the choir's nice and all but it really interrupts me listening to the song 100x in a row on repeat

14 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

tfw scrolling Sean Larkin's instagram like a goddamn near sociopath looking for a pic/location tag of him at the beverly centremonkey-scrolling.gif 

WHY DID I NOT THINK ABOUT THAT LYRIC BEING DIRECTED TOWARDS HIM LMFAOOOOO

😋🫶🏼

13 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

lana is very wealthy at this point, i know it’s prob not that accurate but her estimated net worth is $30M-$40M. she can afford to make music for herself for the rest of her life, with or without us.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Just now, cherrytropico said:

lana is very wealthy at this point, i know it’s prob not that accurate but her estimated net worth is $30M-$40M. she can afford to make music for herself for the rest of her life with or without us.

To add on, her original intention behind creating music wasn’t so much for fame as it was for her. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

13 minutes ago, brooklyn bitch said:

Girl she can retire and live off of them BTD checks for the rest of her life 😭, she is already a legend. She don’t need you!! Look at how many new fans and streams she gets without lifting a single finger. Bffr 😭😭

like omg you really think you hold any real significance to her especially financially? let's be serious :pls:

😋🫶🏼

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:
  Reveal hidden contents

someone posted the full Fingertips lyrics, could you do it again? I don't want to search through all those pages, please. :toofunny:

Spoiler

When I look back

Tracing fingertips

Over plastic bags

Thinking I wish I could extrapolate

Some small intention

Or maybe just get your attention

For a minute or two

Will I die?

Or will I get to that ten year mark

Where I beat the extinction

Of telomeres 

And if I do, will you be there with me?
Father, sister, brother

Charlie, stop smoking

Caroline, will you be with me?

Will the baby be alright?

Will I have one of mine?

Can I handle it

Even if I do?

You said that I might

It’s not fair, or so they said

To carry a child

I guess I’ll be fine…

It wasn’t my idea

The cocktail of things

That twist neurons inside

But without them

I’d die

They say there’s irony in the music

It’s a tragedy, I

See nothing Greek in it

Give me a mausoleum
In Rhode Island
With dad, Grandma, Grandpa, and Dave

Who hung himself real high

In the National Park sky

It’s a shame

And I’m crying right now

To get to you, save you

If I take my life

Find your astral body

Put it into my eyes

Give you two seconds to cry

Take you home, I

I’ll give you a blanket

Your spirit can sit and watch TV by my side

‘Cause baby, I

Ran through a time when I felt you were doing it
I couldn’t handle it
I was in Monaco
I couldn’t hear what they said on the telephone
I had to sing for the Prince in two hours
Sat in the shower

Gave myself two seconds to cry
It’s a shame that we die

When I was 15, naked

Next door neighbors did a drive-by
Pulled me up by my waist
Long hair, to the beach side

I wanted to go out like you…

Swim with the fishes
That he caught on Rhode Island beaches
But sometimes it’s just not your time

Caroline…
What kind of mother was she to say
I’d end up in institutions?

All I wanted to do was kiss Aaron Green

And sit by the lake

Twisting lime into the drinks

That they made

Have a babe at 16

The town I was born in and die

Aaron ended up dead and not me

What the fuck’s wrong in your head

To send me away never to come back

Exotic places and people

To take the place of being your child?

I give myself two seconds to cry

Let it crash over me

Like the waves in the sea

Call me Aphrodite

As they bow down to me

Sunbather, moon chaser

Queen of empathy

I give myself two seconds to breathe

And go back to being a serene queen

I just needed two seconds to be me

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

every musical legend alive has gone thru this with their fanbase , like they were even throwing tomatoes at Bob Dylan for going electric in the 60s (they hated Jesus for telling the truth too energy),  Lana is in good company, if fans are getting mad its just further proof of her legend status :true: idek wtf im saying atp but it feels right and stream Fingertips!!!!!!!:true:

6 minutes ago, m0th3rcr33p said:

who says nobody likes her, where did you get that information... also, trust me there is too many btd lana inspired musicians for u to listen to, check madison beer

happy uv release year-th thread!! 2014!!!

I said there is nobody LIKE her not that nobody LIKES her. I know yall love to drag me and twist my words but come on…I’m not that much of an idiot. 😂💀