Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, American Bottom said:

I claimed Sweet. Before I listen, can someone take an educated guess at whether I'll love it? For an example of my taste, Beautiful (strings version) - I really love the lyrics, melody and piano. The topic of the song also hits me pretty hard. Being at a point in a relationship where you're ready to walk away but giving them one last chance to take you as you are. 

From the lyrics ive seen, I get a strong feeling this one will hit me. Idk if that's enough to help gauge my taste 

Spoiler

If u love beautiful strings mix ur gonna be obsessed babe

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

5 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

Hide contents

what does she do vocally in the leaked songs? does she do more lower vocals or belts or anything like that?

Spoiler

So far vocally it’s been very honeymoon and nfr for me 

Just now, American Bottom said:

I claimed Sweet. Before I listen, can someone take an educated guess at whether I'll love it? For an example of my taste, Beautiful (strings version) - I really love the lyrics, melody and piano. The topic of the song also hits me pretty hard. Being at a point in a relationship where you're ready to walk away but giving them one last chance to take you as you are. 

From the lyrics ive seen, I get a strong feeling this one will hit me. Idk if that's enough to help gauge my taste 

It really is beautiful, from the lyrics, the soothing production to her vocals. 

I think a few people were wrong by describing it as the "Love Song" of the album. They're in different calibers, in my opinion :)

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, American Bottom said:

If this is your taste then you’ll absolutely love it. Beautiful was left for dead. 

faSE.gif

Just now, American Bottom said:

Spoiler

You'll absolutely love it. While I don't necessarily agree with the love song comparison all that much, love song and sweet do have the same "vibe" I suppose. Sweet is just so much deeper and more touching, where I found LS to be very surface level.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, plastiscguy said:

It really is beautiful, from the lyrics, the soothing production to her vocals. 

I think a few people were wrong by describing it as the "Love Song" of the album. They're in different calibers, in my opinion :)

Yea see that scared me bc I genuinely skip love Song every time ssndjudiee it's so ground level to me. 

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

2 minutes ago, American Bottom said:

Yea see that scared me bc I genuinely skip love Song every time ssndjudiee it's so ground level to me. 

It's kind of hard to explain, but you'll get it once you listen to it. 

They're both love songs, they're both intimate but thematically... they feel different? Idk, you'll see! Hope you like it :wub:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Sweet

sonically reminds me of a cross between like, Love Song w/ Terrence Loves You. It's much richer... deeper... jazzier than Love Song. I'm a fan of LS, but Sweet definitely isn't as simple or straightforward as that song, I would say.

Spoiler

All this talk made me listen to grandfather even with the irritating tags and..holy fuck. This song is going to bring a lot of estranged fans back and create a lot of new ones. The melody is giving layne Staley era Alice In Chains. Wow. 

3 minutes ago, lemonadedelrey said:
  Hide contents

All this talk made me listen to grandfather even with the irritating tags and..holy fuck. This song is going to bring a lot of estranged fans back and create a lot of new ones. The melody is giving layne Staley era Alice In Chains. Wow. 

Spoiler

ALICE IN CHAINS!?!?!?! THAT MAKES ME REALLY EXCITED 

guessing the original track names (had fun with this one):

1. Mind Of You
2. Starry Eyed
3. There's A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd
4. American Whore
5. Sermon - Interlude
6. Rockefeller ft. Jon Batiste
7. Candy Necklace - Interlude
8. Spirit of Sunlight
9. Telomeres
10. Finding Home
11. 3 White Butterflies
12. Shine Through The Dark ft. Father John Misty
13. Rooftop, Rock N' Roll ft. Bleachers
14. Waist Deep In Icy Waves
15. Pearl Watch Me On Ring A Bell / Psycho Lifeguard ft. Tommy G
16. Lanita Bonita

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 minute ago, DidYouKnowImANFRStan said:

Can someone tell me which song from their discography sounds similar to Grandfather, I want to wait until the album release but I want to imagine it anyway... Please

Spoiler

Mariners Apartment Complex

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.