Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

23 minutes ago, Enco said:

Help who said taco truck sounded like….

Hide contents

Chemtrails 💀 i love chemtrails but there is zero similarity. If anything it sounds like honeymoon with new slutty spanish flare

Spoiler

honeymoon where? she’s not singing slow at all nor is there prominent strings. i think the most accurate comparison is tulsa jesus freak, it’s that sort of melody and tempo combined with a venice bitch-wayamaya type instrumental

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Spoiler

I’m obsessed with The Grants

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Spoiler

One of the snippets of TT has a similar vibe to Tulsa. It's chill, moody and mid-tempo with a sexy production. Similar to what you'd hear in a Kali Uchis song.

The other snippet sounded different, it was heavy and distorted. It was in LQ so it was very muffed.

I'm not sure if they were synths, bass or guitar but it was like if Cinnamon Girl and Venice Bitch's outros had a baby. I'm guessing it's from the second part of the song (when the VB sample comes in, perhaps)

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

25 minutes ago, ivory almond said:
  Hide contents

you guys are freaking weird, Taco Truck is not giving Chemtrails, did you guys not hear the snippet with beat drop and HEAVY electric guitar
maybe it's just because it's muffled so it may seem like it, but taco truck isn't folky, country, or overall light enough for chemtrails

Spoiler

OH MY GOD HEAVY GUITSR IM SO FUCKIN READY

2 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:
  Hide contents

One of the snippets of TT has a similar vibe to Tulsa. It's chill, moody and mid-tempo with a sexy production. Similar to what you'd hear in a Kali Uchis song.

The other snippet sounded different, it was heavy and distorted. It was in LQ so it was very muffed.

I'm not sure if they were synths, bass or guitar but it was like if Cinnamon Girl and Venice Bitch's outros had a baby. I'm guessing it's from the second part of the song (when the VB sample comes in, perhaps)

the first snippet 

Spoiler

is going to haunt me until it comes out. It sounds SO good!! Tell me why it’s giving me sky ferreira:trisha: 

sgopYhV.gif

Spoiler

is this the taco truck lana wrote about 

La Isla Bonita

6711-B191-F82-E-4-A23-86-F6-97-FB520-B6-

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Spoiler

Oh my God can’t you stop complaining about Taco Truck it’s literally just a song with word "Lanita" like Americans are so obsessed with things like that :yawn: Go live in Europe and then your mind will change idk 

8 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:
  Hide contents

honeymoon where? she’s not singing slow at all nor is there prominent strings. i think the most accurate comparison is tulsa jesus freak, it’s that sort of melody combined with a venice bitch-wayamaya type instrumental

Spoiler

Hbtb / tjf with spanish vibes 

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

Spoiler

Tbh all three of the clean leaks are god-tier. Each one is so rich and beautiful, and gets better with each listen. Some wonderful instrumentation, too.

My favorite little moment is the way she sings “long hair to the beachside” on Fingertips. God her voice is pure dopamine.

5 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

the first snippet 

Hide contents

is going to haunt me until it comes out. It sounds SO good!! Tell me why it’s giving me sky ferreira:trisha: 

Spoiler

It's giving song of the century, I cannot wait any longerrrrr :uncomfortable:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

17 minutes ago, maysparkle said:
  Hide contents

I’m obsessed with The Grants

Spoiler

There’s something pretty life changing about the way this song progresses and how it soars. Her belting vocals too. It’s definitely grown on me and I’m obsessed with the “do you think about heaven?…do you think about me? My pastor told me..”

faSE.gif

Spoiler

sweet is giving disney princess song

Spoiler

but I loved it:lange:

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

3 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

Hide contents

There’s something pretty life changing about the way this song progresses and how it soars. Her belting vocals too. It’s definitely grown on me and I’m obsessed with the “do you think about heaven?…do you think about me? My pastor tony..”

Spoiler

You know it’s “my pastor told me” right? Now I’m gonna hear Tony 💀

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:
  Hide contents

You know it’s “my pastor told me” right? Now I’m gonna hear Tony 💀

Spoiler

The way I had to edit that. One of the most fascinating things about Lana is that even as an English born speaker I can never transcribe her fucking songs :smile3:

faSE.gif

The way my memory sucks ass, so the only things I remember from the leaked songs I listened to was how I felt. This is seriously all I remember:

Spoiler

The Grants: I thought the leaks were fake at first because of the intro, heavenly, I thought it served 

Sweet: it gave Wait For Life, cute and beautiful

Fingertips: I cried, it’s deep, “drive by”, “call me Aphrodite”, “sunbathing moon chasing queen of empathy / I give myself two seconds to breathe / and go back to being a serene queen / I just needed two seconds to be me”

You can tell which one had the biggest impact on me. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Im starting to get impatient about listening what seems to be some of her best work ever and the existence of HQ leaks doesn't help.

There's gonna be some quite long weeks, damn...

24 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:
  Hide contents

Initially Sweet was my least favorite but the strings and the melodies :wub: It gets better with every listen.

Spoiler

No exactly the same with me, I was obsessed with The Grants at first and now im getting more into Sweet its so pretty :agree: