Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

5 minutes ago, youandthesun said:

thinking about how DNC is probably her next three records and D stands for did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd... can’t wait for everything else 

Nes to Heaven - LDR10

Cine China - LDR11

:oprah4:

Speaking of DNC…

Spoiler

She sings about the “north country” on Sweet… sorry if it’s been speculated before and I’m late to the party but could that be the NC? Not sure what the D would be. 
Dark North Country

(the) Damn North Country 

Deep North Country 

i love the prerelease, nothing quite equates to the hype/fear/constant chaos of leaks, trolls, sc*t, excitement, STARVATION etc.. but mannn is it bad for my heart! like constantly on lb 24/7, the excitement when shit goes down and living in anticipation until the 24th because every day something new happens. living in a constant state of adrenaline !!! im gonna be so bored when it’s like april and i’ve already digested (im not ungrateful but surely you know what i mean) and it’ll be like, oh, it’s over 

but thanks for making my first pre release hectic!!! i’ve been lurking since chemtrails tt got dropped, made my acc after bb but this is the first time i’ve been active and BOY is it a ride

im just glad i wasn’t here for the nfr pre release because i was literally touching grass for ages and i completely forgot about it and got fed up of waiting

but yeah thanks for the iconic memories that will always be a part of the lore, love you guys :party:

Spoiler

what does she say in the closing lines where she goes all high in Sweet ? can anyone make it out

i hear something like

”In the white summer/somewhere  

with a knife in the heart

in the valley

in the sweet north country“

:rollin:

Im guessing i’m way off w those first two lines

but tbh i’d love the ‘knife in the heart’ lyric. so real. 

3 minutes ago, burthday kake said:
  Reveal hidden contents

what does she say in the closing lines where she goes all high in Sweet ? can anyone make it out

i hear something like

”In the white summer/somewhere  

in the valley

in the sweet north country“

:rollin:

Im guessing i’m way off w those first two lines

Spoiler

In the woods somewhere, in a knife in my heart
In the valley
In the sweet North Country
If I’m not there come to my house on Genessee

:lange:

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:
  Hide contents

So many mountains too high to climb
So many rivers so low, but I'm
Doing the hard stuff, I'm doing my time
I'm doing it for us, for our family line

:xcry:

where is this from?

Spoiler

ok Sweet def has one of my favorite closings

”in the woods somewhere

in the valley 

in the sweet north country

if i’m not there, come to my house on genesee” 

it’s a perfect way to end the song, to reveal/point out that although she is sweet & barefeet, soft n loving, she still carries these deep emotional pains - the ‘knife’ in her heart - from men/heartbreaks/betrayal, from trauma/her upbringing etc etc. with her.

shes able to love & give herself to others still in spite of everything she’s been through

that is truly beautiful :crying4: hall of fame LDR 

1 hour ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

i love the prerelease, nothing quite equates to the hype/fear/constant chaos of leaks, trolls, sc*t, excitement, STARVATION etc.. but mannn is it bad for my heart! like constantly on lb 24/7, the excitement when shit goes down and living in anticipation until the 24th because every day something new happens. living in a constant state of adrenaline !!! im gonna be so bored when it’s like april and i’ve already digested (im not ungrateful but surely you know what i mean) and it’ll be like, oh, it’s over 

but thanks for making my first pre release hectic!!! i’ve been lurking since chemtrails tt got dropped, made my acc after bb but this is the first time i’ve been active and BOY is it a ride

im just glad i wasn’t here for the nfr pre release because i was literally touching grass for ages and i completely forgot about it and got fed up of waiting

but yeah thanks for the iconic memories that will always be a part of the lore, love you guys :party:

I really love pre-releases and the mix of everything it brings. Especially when we find out something before everyone else. but I must say that Norman’s made me rethink how I should see them. It was exhausting, living on the edge of my seat for 11 months, when nothing was happening, the album becoming synonymous of my happiness. Maybe this is why I love the months following the release: you can vibe to the universe the album brings, pretty much stress free. 

7 hours ago, lemonadedelrey said:

Yeah I agree, it’s just interesting that none of the kids are close with her. I’m just going off what I’ve heard Lana say and the absence of her mom from all of their lives says a lot imo 

Chuck is still pretty close I think