Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, The Grants said:
  Hide contents

I think is the very last crumb from BB but in a more, advanced and complete way

Spoiler

If the production on 'Sweet' was clearer and the song a little more conventionally structured, I think it could have been on BB. It's not that different from 'Arcadia' either in terms of the type of song that it is. And RBFY finally rears its head again. 

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:
  Hide contents

So is she saying ‘mind of you with me’ or ‘mine of you with me’??? ‘Mine of you with me’ makes more sense because she’s talking about the memories she has of her loved ones 

Spoiler

I thought it was "mind of you with me" at first, but it's definitely "mine of you with me"

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Evergreen said:
  Hide contents

When LDR10 is full of "Sweet" and the only producer is Drew Erickson then what? :ma:

We will be streaming :nails:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

17 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

you’re mostly right and i’m really not trying to silence you but jfc we get it, you’ve been saying the same thing over and over and over… trust me we GET IT :toofunny:

Sometimes we repeat things because some members go in and out for days or weeks at a time, and then miss a great deal and ask a lot of questions about what they don't realize are posts they've missed, while others stay on constantly, and so repeated statements become obnoxious. Block me, I don't mind.  

2 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:
  Hide contents

So is she saying ‘mind of you with me’ or ‘mine of you with me’??? ‘Mine of you with me’ makes more sense because she’s talking about the memories she has of her loved ones 

Spoiler

Definitely mine. The singers mess it up in the beginning and that is the exchange they have, one is correcting the other, but one of them is still saying mind after that, which makes it more confusing.

It makes sense in the context of the line “My pastor told me when you leave, all you take is your memories. And I’m gonna take mine of you, with me”

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

7 minutes ago, Evergreen said:
  Hide contents

When LDR10 is full of "Sweet" and the only producer is Drew Erickson then what? :ma:

Spoiler

then we celebrate cause he just had his redemption arc

Spoiler

firmly. believe ldr10 is going to be full country tho

and also for giving me Margaret

yall be saying lana is going country every time an album is to be released :eek3:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

Just now, Blue Ribbon said:

yall be saying lana is going country every time an album is to be released :eek3:

and that she's retiring :hillary:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

I think it's crazy to see certain parallels between Sweet, A&W, TJF  & also Sportcruiser (+ some other sean/Lana songs)

TW cause this is long as hell even though i tried to keep it as brief as possible:rollin:

Sportcruiser:

I took a flying lesson on my 33rd birthday, instead of calling you
Or parking on the block where our old place used to be

Genesee, genesee, genesee

Pathetic, I know - but sometimes I still like to park on that street
And have lunch in the car just to feel close to you

I was once in love with my life here
In that studio apartment with you

A&W: "Looking like a side-piece at 33" + the whole tiktok rundown we got- Sean was basically cheating on/with her unbeknownst to her at the time.

Spoiler

although tbf 34 was her age at the time of their break up, so that always confuses me.. like her 35th birthday would make more sense but maybe it's just the age she associates her relationship w Sean with, maybe they met then? or it was an artistic choice, it just sounded better 

there is of course also the big possibility that line is about another man completely but that's equally interesting considering the Genesee mentions in Sweet.

TJF: "You should come back to our place baby" // "On the 2nd floor darling, in the second flat hurry up"

Sweet"That's where you'll find me- in the sweet north country. If I'm not there come to my house on Genesee"

& then Sportcruiser continues with: 

Little yellow flowers on the tops of trees as our only view
Out of the only window
Big enough for me to see our future through
But it turned out I was the only one who could see it

& in Sweet we have:

"Lately we've been making out a lot, not talking about the stuff that's at the very heart of things.

Do you want children, do you want to marry me?

Do you wanna run marathons on long beach by the sea?

I've got things to do like nothing at all, I wanna do them with you- do you wanna do them with me?"

I said a while back that I thought side A, or at least the Ocean Blvd-Sweet-A&W track run 

Spoiler

(though there are def some compelling arguments that could be made to include The Grants in it as well especially w a line such as

"you're a family man but do you think of Heaven?" which seemingly also nods back to TJF) 

would follow a somewhat cohesive storyline on Sean & Lana's relationship, with the interlude coming to wrap/break it up & take us into the next part of the album.

It seems like those lines from Sweet I've posted above give some insight on how Lana was feeling at the very peak of their love,when she thought they could be endgame & was dreaming about their life, their future together even tho it was never as serious to him, paralleling those Sportcruiser lines.

cleverly sandwiched between Ocean Blvd(a song about wanting to open up n be vulnerable like at the beginning of a relationship but also not wanting to be forgotten at the end of it) & AW(the downfall, her heartbreak)

going into Sweet one of the earliest lines is:

"It's set in the midwest, wish I could tell you now- I wrote you a note but I didn't send it" which imo nods to Sean again for obvious reasons & their breakup

going out of it we have:

"You can find me where no one will be, in the woods somewhere

with a knife in the heart, in the valley in the sweet north country

if I'm not there come to my house on Genessee"

Knife in the heart alluding to a betrayal n heartbreak obviously & also making me think of Text Book's "other men I met felt right, would smile at you and stick a knife"

3 minutes ago, margaret soty said:
  Hide contents

I don't want to imagine when Lana is release her 10th album Del Norte Country with 5 Nikki Lane collaborations. :ma:

stop giving me nightmares

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

and that she's retiring :hillary:

Spoiler

If The Grants were the closer track, it'd definitely feel like she's retiring based on the lyrics alone... :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

I think it's crazy to see certain parallels between Sweet, A&W, TJF  & also Sportcruiser 

TW cause this is long as hell even though i tried to keep it as brief as possible:rollin:

Sportcruiser:

I took a flying lesson on my 33rd birthday, instead of calling you
Or parking on the block where our old place used to be

Genesee, genesee, genesee

Pathetic, I know - but sometimes I still like to park on that street
And have lunch in the car just to feel close to you

I was once in love with my life here
In that studio apartment with you

A&W: "Looking like a side-piece at 33" + the whole tiktok rundown we got- Sean was basically cheating on her unbeknownst to her at the time.

Hide contents

although tbf 34 was her age at the time of their break up, so that always confuses me.. like her 35th birthday would make more sense but maybe it's just the age she associates her relationship w Sean with? or it was an artistic choice, it just sounded better 

there is of course also the possibility that line is about another man completely but that's equally interesting considering the Genesee mentions in Sweet.

TJF: "You should come back to our place baby" // "On the 2nd floor darling, in the second flat hurry up"

Sweet"That's where you'll find me- in the sweet north country. If I'm not there come to my house on Genesee"

& then Sportcruiser continues with: 

Little yellow flowers on the tops of trees as our only view
Out of the only window
Big enough for me to see our future through
But it turned out I was the only one who could see it

& in Sweet we have:

"Lately we've been making out a lot, not talking about the stuff that's at the very heart of things.

Do you want children, do you want to marry me?

Do you wanna run marathons on long beach by the sea?

I've got things to do like nothing at all, I wanna do them with you- do you wanna do them with me?"

I said a while back that I thought side A, or at least the Ocean Blvd-Sweet-A&W track run 

Reveal hidden contents

(though there are def some compelling arguments that could be made to include The Grants in it as well especially w a line such as

"you're a family man but do you think of Heaven? which seemingly also nods back to TJF) 

would follow a somewhat cohesive storyline on Sean & Lana's relationship, with the interlude coming to wrap/break it up & take us into the next part of the album.

It seems like those lines from Sweet I've posted above give some insight on how Lana was feeling at the very peak of their love,when she thought they could be endgame & was dreaming about their life, their future together even tho it was never as serious to him, paralleling those Sportcruiser lines.

cleverly sandwiched between Ocean Blvd(a song about wanting to open up n be vulnerable like at the beginning of a relationship) & AW(the downfall, her heartbreak)

+ going into Sweet one of the earliest lines is

"It's set in the midwest, wish I could tell you now- I wrote you a note but I didn't send it" which imo nods to Sean again for obvious reasons & their breakup

going out of it we have

"You can find me where no one will be, in the woods somewhere

with a knife in the heart, in the valley in the sweet north country

if I'm not there come to my house on Genessee"

Knife in the heart alluding to the betrayal & heartbreak obviously but also making me think of Text Book's "other men I met felt right, would smile at you and stick a knife"

add this to lanalysis

4 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

why do we always have to compare everything to blue banisters 

the people above r right but also, it's her most recent album so it makes sense to wonder what elements changed/didn't change since her last project.

ppl compared blue banisters to chemtrails, chemtrails to nfr and so on

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

29 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

1…2…ready

im gonna take mind with you of me

UH MINE!

say it again

MINE. OF. YOU. WITH ME. 

Thank you one more time

:bebe: 

Spoiler

why does this sound kind of iconic though, her "i am taking my invisalign" moment