Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

15 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

those people aren’t streaming songs like A&W in the first place so no 

There's also always new music in the indie sector, but a 7-minute song is not very popular in playlists either, so I think the decrease in streams is a normal process. The first days are almost the most important to get an audience and after that there are hardly any surprises.

Spoiler

I never thought Lana would open an album in a R'n'B-soul-choir-esque fashion and I'm honestly here for it. :smile4:

40 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

Agreed ! Candy Necklace was called massive, I believe it was by Kintsugi :hype:

2 hours ago, WhitehotOcean said:

i’m still trying to understand this:

5 judah smith interlude 

6 candy necklace

7 jon batiste interlude 

This is such a precarious place for Candy Necklace to be.  At this point, I'm most eager to hear Taco Truck and Grandfather, but after that i'm curious about how this is going to work. From the start i've been intrigued by the idea of the Judah Interlude and how it could really set the stage/mood, but the two interludes so close together? Will it be the blackhole of the album or the perfect (and necessary) transition to shift the vibe and move us into next part of the story? It shouldn't work, but I think Candy Necklace will be "big" enough to pull this off. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

4 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

This is such a precarious place for Candy Necklace to be.  At this point, I'm most eager to hear Taco Truck and Grandfather, but after that i'm curious about how this is going to work. From the start i've been intrigued by the idea of the Judah Interlude and how it could really set the stage/mood, but the two interludes so close together? Will it be the blackhole of the album or the perfect (and necessary) transition to shift the vibe and move us into next part of the story? It shouldn't work, but I think Candy Necklace will be "big" enough to pull this off. 

Spoiler

Having heard both interludes, I think the John Baptiste one is a perfect mid-way break for the record. 

If Candy Sweet is more upbeat, they'll flank it fine. That said, I have no respect for the Judah Smith experimental shit (if that leak is even the real deal), and I would have cut it out completely, thereby reducing the record runtime a bit.

Spoiler

Lana sings in the interludes? I heard that JS Interlude leak and I don't know if it's that Lana doesn't sing or it's that they removed her vocals with a program:popcorn:

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

Spoiler

The lyrics in The Grants are giving me some ''Ain't no Mountain High Enough'' kinda hopeful-positive vibes. An R'n'B-soul album wouldn't be so bad methinks. :xgiggle:

I have a feeling this will be THE comprehensive LDR record. :oprah3:It will contain all the essential LDR sounds and lyrics you ever need all in one album while still feeling like a cohesive body of work. :oprah3:An essential in her discography :true: 

28 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I’ve been a fan since 2015 please. I’m just being real. And those delayed physicals only contributed like 8k when they shipped, so she would’ve sold 41k which isn’t much better 😭

Anyways Blue Banisters is a mixtape in my mind.

Omg, that's the perfect description. A mixtape of unreleased tracks and half-baked Drew Erickson drivel.

I think she should have titled it a Mixtape. It's the only LDR record I genuinely disliked.

Spoiler

At first, I was feeling some type of way about Lana extrapolating/sampling her own songs and melodies on this, but it was actually done pretty well on A&W and Sweet that it just makes me more excited to hear Taco Truck x VB. :oic3:

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Omg, that's the perfect description. A mixtape of unreleased tracks and half-baked Drew Erickson drivel.

I think she should have titled it a Mixtape. It's the only LDR record I genuinely disliked.

agree, blue Banisters is her worst album Although tik tok fans act by saying the opposite, we all know that this is not what they really think, I think they do it so they are not called locals girl be frr

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

17 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

is taco truck x bb upbeat?

Spoiler

Super new sound for her. Very soft and dreamy and the melody is very strong. I wouldn't call it "upbeat" per se. 

If I had to compare it with anything, it's like Cinnamon Girl and Tulsa Jesus Freak rolled into one with some Spanish vibes lyrically. I thought it was like Get Free when I first heard it, but it's more Cinnaon Girl. Definitely a Jack track. 

AThe snippet moves onto some Cinnamon Girl style electronics later , and could move to a trap sound.

10 minutes ago, living legend said:

thinking about doing a video reaction of the new album….🤔

You should as long as you're thoughtful and not one of those cringeworthy reactors who scream and jump around instead of focusing on the music. :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

48 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

It is unfortunate that Lana hasn’t had a streaming hit since NFR. Either QFTC did indeed do damage with the general public or she just hasn’t released something as consumable as the NFR songs.

She doesn't care about these things... so why would you?