Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

The way this album is clearing Chemtrails and Blue Banisters omfg… Like it feels like an ALBUM. It feels truly innovative 

literally, it feels like her first fully realized album since NFR, maybe even moreso than NFR since it has only all new material

Spoiler

the synths after the "i know that u hate me" part in the first taco truck snippet :oprah2::hype:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Spoiler

I reaaaalllly love the closing line of the opener being "It's a beautiful life, remember that too for me"

while it could've made a great album closing too, I think it's nice to almost "prep" the listener for everything that is about to come- the songs are def heavy because life as we know it is too, but that's pretty much the greatest sentiment one can hold in their heart to get through it all. 

"Ring the bells that still can ring..forget your perfect offering...there is a crack in everything..thats how the light gets in" & all that jazz :trisha:

Just now, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

I reaaaalllly love the closing line of the opener being "It's a beautiful life, remember that too for me"

while it could've made a great album closing too, I think it's nice to almost "prep" the listener for everything that is about to come- the songs are def heavy because life as we know it is too, but that's pretty much the greatest sentiment one can hold in their heart to get through it all. 

Spoiler

One of the best closing lines to a Lana track ever, and perfectly encapsulates the journey of this record.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

I mean, we've barely sampled (or haven't heard) what may be the wildest parts of the album.

Spoiler

I still can’t believe Rosemead had Fingertips, sweet, and Paris Texas at the bottom of their ranking :oopna: I don’t think we’re prepared to hear the rest of the songs fr 

sgopYhV.gif

my opinion on fingertips: 

Spoiler

i love it. such a rollercoaster of emotions, i really think that it’s the one song that tells the most about her, her life and her family. she makes so many references to events that happened in such a long period of time and it’s so interesting to try to unpack all the lyrical content and guess what each line refers to. 

it’s the song i’ve been playing the most and i agree with what she said, that it will be controversial. not everyone is going to appreciate the fact that it’s so spontaneous, literally a steam of consciousness, so the melodies are very much improvised and there is not a clear rhythm or structure (there are definitely some recurring motifs, but overall it’s hard to catch a specific melody on a first listen).

it’s been playing on repeat since it leaked for me, also bc i feel this need to memorize every line and melody she sings.

someone already said this but yeah, no other song of hers sounds like this. i love how soft it sounds with the strings accompanying her voice, they really highlight the beauty and “drama” of the song. 

lyrically, she really touches on so many different matters that it can be almost off putting for some ppl when they listen to the first time (she goes from philosophical stuff like “will i die or will i get to that 10 year mark where i beat the extinction of telomeres?” to “charlie stop smoking!!” within seconds).

some listeners will find this very random, i personally think she did a great job putting together so many different aspects of her songwriting in such a personal way. even the melodies, of course if she did another take to record the song it would all sound much more polished but that’s the thing, she literally freestyled a whole song about death, family and trauma and chose to keep it like that. it’s a choice that makes sense with the context and i love it. 

other than this, the track overall is just filled with pure emotions that even if you don’t get all the lyrics on a first listen, or if you don’t know some of the stuff she’s referencing, the voice is enough to take you to places, at least in my case. 

this was my first listen: i fell asleep after smoking a j then i randomly woke up at 5, saw that it leaked, listened to it in bed staring at the ceiling and i got goosebumps and watery eyes. 

it truly is beyond me how she can sing about such heavy and dark stuff in such a beautiful, soft, vulnerable and yet hopeful way, even with lyrics that are very much straightforward and one would not consider “poetic”. 

and I LOVE how in this album she is asking so many questions instead of just describing scenes. she has always been great at the latter, but these songs really show how she has evolved as a writer. she kinda puts the listener on the spot and allows you to reflect about so many deep aspects of life and death. imo her writing now really makes me wonder about things, it feels like a metaphysical journey (“did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean boulevard?” “do you think about heaven?”) rather than a beautiful film that i’m thrown into (thinking of honeymoon, btd, uv…). 

fingertips highlights for me:

-literally every time she mentions death. it makes me think of that time when she said in some interview how she came up with the title “born to die”, like she was watching something on tv about someone who died and she was shocked about the fact that we all day. the lyrics in this song really feel like a full circle closing with this in mind. it feels like this music is coming from the same mind that had this shocking revelation while just watching tv with her father, long time before she even got famous. idk, to me it really feels like some lyrics are literally coming from her lizzy and pre lizzy era.

-when she says “what the fuck’s wrong in your head to send me away never to come back?”……. how can someone sound so beautiful when saying something so full of frustration, anger, sadness. LIVING for the patty references, i shiver when i hear the line about ending up in institutions.

-the lines “your spirit can sit and watch tv by my side” and whenever she says “give myself 2 seconds to cry”….. i don’t even have the words to describe these

Spoiler

I never really paid attention to the snippet of Paris, Texas because I saw that it was so short, but I just listened closely and oh my GOD this album :air: I really liked the Margaret snippet so i have absolutely zero worries about Ocean Blvd

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

How far in advance have the past few Lana’s album leaked? I rememebr LFL leaking, NFR leaking (mainly through cassette girl), COCC leaking, and BB maybe leaking early? were they usually weeks or day in advance? 

i think 2 weeks out is like the farthest we've gotten an album leak? This leak would be really normal if the album was actually releasing the 10th.

Just now, Harry Nilsson said:
  Hide contents

this snippet is in circulation for a longer time, I think it's not Kintsugi

Spoiler

that's so weird though because it has the exact lyrics Kintsugi teased...:paris:

can LB modders do a DYKTTATUTOBLVD theme for the website? :tommy:

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

2 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

my opinion on fingertips: 

Reveal hidden contents

i love it. such a rollercoaster of emotions, i really think that it’s the one song that tells the most about her, her life and her family. she makes so many references to events that happened in such a long period of time and it’s so interesting to try to unpack all the lyrical content and guess what each line refers to. 

it’s the song i’ve been playing the most and i agree with what she said, that it will be controversial. not everyone is going to appreciate the fact that it’s so spontaneous, literally a steam of consciousness, so the melodies are very much improvised and there is not a clear rhythm or structure (there are definitely some recurring motifs, but overall it’s hard to catch a specific melody on a first listen).

it’s been playing on repeat since it leaked for me, also bc i feel this need to memorize every line and melody she sings.

someone already said this but yeah, no other song of hers sounds like this. i love how soft it sounds with the strings accompanying her voice, they really highlight the beauty and “drama” of the song. 

lyrically, she really touches on so many different matters that it can be almost off putting for some ppl when they listen to the first time (she goes from philosophical stuff like “will i die or will i get to that 10 year mark where i beat the extinction of telomeres?” to “charlie stop smoking!!” within seconds).

some listeners will find this very random, i personally think she did a great job putting together so many different aspects of her songwriting in such a personal way. even the melodies, of course if she did another take to record the song it would all sound much more polished but that’s the thing, she literally freestyled a whole song about death, family and trauma and chose to keep it like that. it’s a choice that makes sense with the context and i love it. 

other than this, the track overall is just filled with pure emotions that even if you don’t get all the lyrics on a first listen, or if you don’t know some of the stuff she’s referencing, the voice is enough to take you to places, at least in my case. 

this was my first listen: i fell asleep after smoking a j then i randomly woke up at 5, saw that it leaked, listened to it in bed staring at the ceiling and i got goosebumps and watery eyes. 

it truly is beyond me how she can sing about such heavy and dark stuff in such a beautiful, soft, vulnerable and yet hopeful way, even with lyrics that are very much straightforward and one would not consider “poetic”. 

and I LOVE how in this album she is asking so many questions instead of just describing scenes. she has always been great at the latter, but these songs really show how she has evolved as a writer. she kinda puts the listener on the spot and allows you to reflect about so many deep aspects of life and death. imo her writing now really makes me wonder about things, it feels like a metaphysical journey (“did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean boulevard?” “do you think about heaven?”) rather than a beautiful film that i’m thrown into (thinking of honeymoon, btd, uv…). 

fingertips highlights for me:

-literally every time she mentions death. it makes me think of that time when she said in some interview how she came up with the title “born to die”, like she was watching something on tv about someone who died and she was shocked about the fact that we all day. the lyrics in this song really feel like a full circle closing with this in mind. it feels like this music is coming from the same mind that had this shocking revelation while just watching tv with her father, long time before she even got famous. idk, to me it really feels like some lyrics are literally coming from her lizzy and pre lizzy era.

-when she says “what the fuck’s wrong in your head to send me away never to come back?”……. how can someone sound so beautiful when saying something so full of frustration, anger, sadness. LIVING for the patty references, i shiver when i hear the line about ending up in institutions.

-the lines “your spirit can sit and watch tv by my side” and whenever she says “give myself 2 seconds to cry”….. i don’t even have the words to describe these

Spoiler

I loved reading all of this, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Totally agreed :true: "It's a shame that we die" is one of her most brutal, honest, and universal lyrics to date. The entire stream of consciousness quality of the song coalesces into something major for her. I have a feeling that Kintsugi will be in a similar vein. 

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

that's so weird though because it has the exact lyrics Kintsugi teased...:paris:

Spoiler

oh, then I mean another snippet that has hardly any text, it's just yodeling :hide: