Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, mostexoticflwr said:

what do y'all think the aesthetic of the album is? cuz i feel like each of her albums have like a signature aesthetic that you think about when you think about the album but i feel like this album's aesthetic is kind of hard to pin down

weirdly she is leaning into that coquette aesthetic that the tiktok stans love:crai:

the songs don't really fit that aesthetic tho

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

5 minutes ago, mostexoticflwr said:

what do y'all think the aesthetic of the album is? cuz i feel like each of her albums have like a signature aesthetic that you think about when you think about the album but i feel like this album's aesthetic is kind of hard to pin down

Spoiler

I see it as the evening/nighttime/spring aesthetic of Norman. I also very much associate it with the W magazine interview aesthetic. Norman's aesthetic, for me, are bright summer days to the beach full of people. Ocean Blvd's is walking the boardwalk or the beach during a time such as spring, raining/fog, or nighttime that less people are there, feeling the sand underneath your feet, hearing the loud crashes of the waves, only leaving room for your thoughts to trail along the coast. Also the world of one's bedroom as indicated by the album covers.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, taco truck said:

weirdly she is leaning into that coquette aesthetic that the tiktok stans love:crai:

the songs don't really fit that aesthetic tho

the way i was thinking this too but wasn’t really sure…

b2358771937a448cffde372325aa52ea.gif

it escapes from my hands into moonlight . . .

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

you're always welcome in the future :beyonce:

also, apologize for being rude to you earlier, I just think Blue Banisters as a whole tends to send this entire forum into meltdowns, breakdowns, and name calling, and I didn't want that to happen to you or this thread today :oprah3:

girl don't even worry about it, we're good! :spin: sorry if I seemed rude too, i wasn't trying to be. opinions are always hard topics to cover bc people will either agree or disagree and then it gets messy so you're right but i just wanted to share my two cents. thats the thing tho i'm okay if people don't agree with me or if they come for me, i can get my claws out too :nails: but thank you for apologizing and again i'm sorry too if i was being rude

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

5 minutes ago, mostexoticflwr said:

the album art is very '60s girl group but since we haven't had any videos and none of the mag shoots have really reflected the album art...idk i think NFR was the last album that had a real cohesive aesthetic, both BB and the new one feel aesthetic-less in the sense that both sonically and visually she's all over the place. not in a disorganized way, but in a way where there's no pretense at creating a singular image/sound bc the reality is that she moves wherever she pleases in all realms, bc all modes represent aspects of her self that are all equally important to the big picture of who she is.

aOaIzH2.gif

1 minute ago, American Whore said:

girl don't even worry about it, we're good! :spin: sorry if I seemed rude too, i wasn't trying to be. opinions are always hard topics to cover bc people will either agree or disagree and then it gets messy so you're right but i just wanted to share my two cents. thats the thing tho i'm okay if people don't agree with me or if they come for me, i can get my claws out too :nails: but thank you for apologizing and again i'm sorry too if i was being rude

god i love civil conversation on this forum:cumming2:

do you remember when there were demo versions of groupie love and summer bummer on LFL vinyl?? Do you think that something similar will happen in this era?

Something about The Grants... 

Spoiler

It just makes me really emotional. It feels like a warm goodbye. 

"I'm leaving, I have to move on. You can come with me or you can stay. Either way, I'll cherish our moments together. I'm going to take the memory of you with me." 

It's not only the ending, but also the beginning of something equally beautiful :bebe: 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

14 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Going to take a walk in the sun right now and listen to the songs we have so far, Ocean Blvd is such a Spring record :hair:

im legit going for a walk in the sunrise listening to ocean blvd as i read this :heidi:

1 minute ago, BartenderDeco said:

im legit going for a walk in the sunrise listening to ocean blvd as i read this :heidi:

That's going to be my ritual for the morning after the album releases here in the US :hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, leomaks said:

do you remember when there were demo versions of groupie love and summer bummer on LFL vinyl?? Do you think that something similar will happen in this era?

when we get the version of A&W lana was singing in the car>>>

2 hours ago, TerrenceOnKilos said:

why the songs sound like christian music 😭

It's gonna be alright, luff. Remember the kinds of songs she blasts after a good church sesh? :brows: Imagine how inspired we'll be after LDR9

Just now, Fingertips said:

That's going to be my ritual for the morning after the album releases here in the US :hair:

sameee

except it’s summer rn in australia and it was flooding yesterday so it’s so humid and gross :awk:

tbh i dont see the “coquette aesthetic” connections at all, though to be fair im not sure i even understand what that aesthetic entails lolol

when i search it though, it looks a lot more like something i’d associate with  BTD /Lizzy Grant eras  

so far the only connection i can find btwn OB n “coquette”  is the ribbons in her hair  on the album cover? but that’s even a reach imo 

feel free to tell me what i’m not seeing though, no hate just curious why people are picking up on this vibe so far 

15 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Going to take a walk in the sun right now and listen to the songs we have so far, Ocean Blvd is such a Spring record :hair:

g what a vibe

brb i'm doing this now but in the moonlight 

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

tbh i dont see the “coquette aesthetic” connections at all, though to be fair im not sure i even understand what that aesthetic entails lolol

when i search it  though, it looks a lot more like something i’d associate with  BTD /Lizzy Grant eras  

so far the only connection i can find btwn OB n “coquette”  is the ribbons in her hair  on the album cover? but that’s even a reach imo 

feel free to tell me what i’m not seeing though, no hate just curious why people are picking up on this vibe so far 

it's def the bows, and the girly dresses + cardigans... coquette is kind of weird imo because a lot of inspo is AKA or BTD Lana, but a lot of the actual outfits aren't really like that.

Edit: also i'm specifically talking about the album shoot

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

it's def the bows, and the girly dresses + cardigans... coquette is kind of weird imo because a lot of inspo is AKA or BTD Lana, but a lot of the actual outfits aren't really like that.

Edit: also i'm specifically talking about the album shoot

hmm. to me, those are just some basic clothing choices you know but sure, that's fair

i dunno, "coquette aesthetic" just lowkey rubs me the wrong way & i do think this album, lyrically n sonically anyway so far, is way too mature to be associated with it ngl

thanks tho for explaining!