Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

for me, the part in The Grants when piano starts playing sounds like California (honeymoon outtake).. I’ve been thinking about what in The Grants reminds me of something i’ve heard before and that’s it

1 hour ago, Get Drunk said:

Reveal hidden contents

I fear I agree.. not the biggest fan of her high notes especially when idk wtf she’s saying but still it’s cute she’s cute.. 

i don't wanns start another argument about it but it does bother me she's not using her low register like in burning desire or blue jeans anymore, they don't even sound like the same person anymore idk how to explain it, her vocals are still beautiful and she doesnt have to prove herself to no one but she has such a versatile voice i wish she would do smth like florida kilos again, not for the sound but the vocal delivery cause

Spoiler

fingertips, grandpa and sweet

definitely sound like the same vocal register.

she also used to do this thing with her voice that she kinda shortly hinted in Wild At Heart again which is the way she sings "but you know i never do just cause you keep me believing"

idk i just wish she would play with her voice again in Ocean Blvd but it doesn't look like it, i'm still gonna love to album tho i'm sure

7 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

sorry guys sweet still remains the best song so far :true:

that's a funny way of spelling fingertips :nails:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

17 minutes ago, Not as cool as me said:

Definitely don’t see the aesthetic being coquette.. most likely 60s, from the album cover inspiration, her photoshoot with W, the way she styled herself for the billboard women in music.. and definitely sonically.. the backing singers etc really chime in to that old soul sound. Even the shimmy shimmy koko bop reference 

I definitely see her bringing out the vintage dresses again 

i don't want to seem like i'm into or defending the coquette aesthetic, i'm just into fashion so i feel like i need to explain this:icant: 

The coquette aesthetic is very inspired by 60s style, with a mix of French and American aesthetics. it's extremely feminine and pretty much consists of the colors red, pink, and white (and sometimes a pastel blue) paired with gold jewelry. ribbons, braids, headbands, and curls are staple hairstyles and accessories. Obviously there are issues with it that i'm not going to get into, and with all "tiktok aesthetics" it's kind of merged and morphed into a bunch of things, though the basic "coquette" aesthetic is really just a feminine vintage aesthetic. The album photoshoot with Lana wearing bows, a cardigan with a lacy bra, and in her glamorous bedroom is something i could 100% see in a coquette inspiration portfolio/ pinterest board/ whatever. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

Absolutely. Can’t get enough of it. One of her best in a hot minute :blush3:

Spoiler

Do you want children? 

:um2:

Do you want to marry me? 

:judgingu:

Do you want to run marathons at Long Beach, by the sea? 

:oopna2:

I've got things to do like nothing at all,

:headache:

I wanna do them with you...

:judgingu4:

Do you wanna do them with me...? 

:sadcore3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

10 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

Spoiler

think you made a typo it’s actually spelled “the grants”:party:

b2358771937a448cffde372325aa52ea.gif

it escapes from my hands into moonlight . . .

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

i don't want to seem like i'm into or defending the coquette aesthetic, i'm just into fashion so i feel like i need to explain this:icant: 

The coquette aesthetic is very inspired by 60s style, with a mix of French and American aesthetics. it's extremely feminine and pretty much consists of the colors red, pink, and white (and sometimes a pastel blue) paired with gold jewelry. ribbons, braids, headbands, and curls are staple hairstyles and accessories. Obviously there are issues with it that i'm not going to get into, and with all "tiktok aesthetics" it's kind of merged and morphed into a bunch of things, though the basic "coquette" aesthetic is really just a feminine vintage aesthetic. The album photoshoot with Lana wearing bows, a cardigan with a lacy bra, and in her glamorous bedroom is something i could 100% see in a coquette inspiration portfolio/ pinterest board/ whatever. 

Yes I could get with the cardigan and bows from the album cover as falling in to the coquette kind of theme, but I think coquette is too narrow of an aesthetic overall for the album. 
For some reason I don’t see the aesthetic as so dainty- probably just because the songs are raw and aggressive in a way. 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Just now, Not as cool as me said:

Yes I could get with the cardigan and bows from the album cover as falling in to the coquette kind of theme, but I think coquette is too narrow of an aesthetic overall for the album. 
For some reason I don’t see the aesthetic as so dainty- probably just because the songs are raw and aggressive in a way. 

I 100% agree, the songs don't really fit that vibe at all lol

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:
  Hide contents

just so you guys know the "kintsugi snippet" of lana holding a long note is NOT real.. the song sounds nothing like that 

Spoiler

That snippet doesn't even sound like her :bebe: or is it real, just not Kintsugi? :bebe:

2 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:
  Hide contents

just so you guys know the "kintsugi snippet" of lana holding a long note is NOT real.. the song sounds nothing like that 

you mean you have it? :awkney: leaking the album sounds cute rn! not asking i'm just saying :true:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It's giving NFR with how many snippets we have ahead of release :prettyhurts:

Let The Light In remains the mysterious one (well i personally havent listened to any of the snippets, but i've read every single description on here)

Just now, American Whore said:

you mean you have it? :awkney: leaking the album sounds cute rn! not asking i'm just saying :true:

Christmas coming early this year? :ma: