Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

sry in advance 4 being that person who dumps kind of unprovoked & ill probably delete this later anyway

but

my puppy recently got diagnosed with a heart problem that prevents her from getting enough oxygen to her brain at times so she'll just like collapse now sometimes when out on walks etc., we will likely be putting her down in a couple weeks time (max)  & i know an animal life & a human life aren't exactly comparable but i've had her since i was 9 n picked her out... so nearly 12 years together now ... she's lived in canada & in germany with me, travelled to croatia, italy & austria with me... we have shared so many memories :xcry:

it's a shame that we die but all of her sweetness, I'm gonna take that too with me :xcry:

by some miracle, these songs came at the perfect time for me<3

Hide contents

IMG-1905-2.jpg   IMG-1886-2.jpg

my lovely stella bella...shes truly a big star. :cryney2: <3

i'm so sorry to read about your puppy, i know exactly what you mean, my cat passed away not even a month ago, it always hurts when a pet leaves, she looks very happy she knows she is very much loved by you, she is beautiful:wub:

Just now, underthechemtrails said:

https://twitter.com/chartdata/status/1633050303321845763?s=46&t=006QPa2Ly2GwJ3QwP7ppNw

this is lana’s competition on the 24th? #1 on bb 200 is secured :hottie:

This "promise" song is not a new one it's an old one from 2018 ; it's not on his new album

it's added to spotify recently ; so the numbers are huge  

3 minutes ago, living legend said:

first off, i just want to say how sorry i am to be reading this. losing a pet is never fucking easy - i actually had to put my dog down in January after only 3 years so i fully understand the pain you are experiencing right now. there’s nothing i can say to help but just remember to be thankful for all the memories and as lana says best, “i’m taking mind of you with me” 

🤍

3 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i'm so sorry to read about your puppy, i know exactly what you mean, my cat passed away not even a month ago, it always hurts when a pet leaves, she looks very happy she knows she is very much loved by you, she is beautiful:wub:

thanks to both of you so much for this sweetness :poordat::wub:. (& sorry to mods in advance if these need to be moved:hdu:)

but im sending my love out to both of you & your sweet pets-- maybe all of ours will be friends together up in animal heaven:cryney2:

xxxxoxxxo

WELL PEOPLE… I THINK IVE FOUND THE VERSE SAMPLE / INTERPOLATION IN THE GRANTS

Spoiler

I used the google hum feature to try and spot why I thought the verses on The Grants seemed eerily familiar… one of the options google recommended to me was Knocking On Heavens Door. I’m trying to find more, because I do believe that it is a sample, but KOHD doesn’t sound exactly spot on. So if anyone has any more ideas or anything pls help! Lol

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:

thanks to both of you so much for this sweetness :poordat::wub:. (& sorry to mods in advance if these need to be moved:hdu:)

but im sending my love out to both of you & your sweet pets-- maybe all of ours will be friends together up in animal heaven:cryney2:

xxxxoxxxo

let us all cure with this new album 

crying-sobbing.gif

12 minutes ago, jackritchiexo said:
  Hide contents

i’m not claiming to be an insider or anything but apparently there’s an album leak in a twitter gc so my friends gonna send me it he said it has everything except taco truck but if it’s real and in good quality i’ll leak it i’m not promising anything tho 

:xgiggle:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

16 minutes ago, jackritchiexo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i’m not claiming to be an insider or anything but apparently there’s an album leak in a twitter gc so my friends gonna send me it he said it has everything except taco truck but if it’s real and in good quality i’ll leak it i’m not promising anything tho 

:air:

and also for giving me Margaret

27 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

WELL PEOPLE… I THINK IVE FOUND THE VERSE SAMPLE / INTERPOLATION IN THE GRANTS

Hide contents

I used the google hum feature to try and spot why I thought the verses on The Grants seemed eerily familiar… one of the options google recommended to me was Knocking On Heavens Door. I’m trying to find more, because I do believe that it is a sample, but KOHD doesn’t sound exactly spot on. So if anyone has any more ideas or anything pls help! Lol

Spoiler

NO thats interesting because when I played The Grants for my boyfriend the first time he literally said it reminded him of a Bobby D song & went on to say KOHD. 

I distinctly remember having that convo bc then he went on to say how bad Guns n Roses version of the song is  & I went on to say, I think Lana might have dated that dude Axl Rose:rollin: but that's neither here nor there..:deadbanana:

point is... if you, him & the google bot all can hear it, well maybe it's got some merit to it!

I'm too musically challenged to make something like this out (it took me like 10 listens to even clock the Bartender melody in Fingertips:toofunny:) but it would def make sense to sample a song like that in The Grants, thematically it is very on point.

also Lana's covered it a number of times & she loves Dylan!

Spoiler

i just remembered this little story/poem that lana posted in february last year

she must've written some of the album around the same time bc i see so much of it here (escpecially fingertips/kintsugi):wowcry:

Spoiler

IMG-7517.jpg

IMG-7518.jpg

"I call upon you all the time, I bring you with me to the coffee shop and reservoir, I bring you with me late nights on dark roads. I ask for Dave when I'm lost in the woods on a hike that I took too far. You are my constant stars and it's not just that I believe you' re with me, I know as much as I know that the evergreen tree I'm parked in front of is real that you are real"

"My only guess is that when we were stardust before we decided to come into this world- we must've asked god to never make our lives boring and to let our physical experience be full of scars and stars. The scars are mere illusions and whenever I feel that they are real I call upon you to put your hands on them, to dissolve them and bring back my smooth freckled skin. And as you do, with your hand on my back and a light bourbon breath, you remind me that I asked for this all of it. And that nothing - absolutely nothing happens by mistake."

such a beautiful human being:krylie:

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

Someone just pointed out that the "y" in you on the album cover is capitalized for no reason, and now I can't look past it :eartha2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Someone just pointed out that the "y" in you on the album cover is capitalized for no reason, and now I can't look past it :eartha2:

no because did You have to tell me that:wub:

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

To put emphasis on us the listener and force us to consider our own thoughts in relation to the questions she's asking on this album :true:

Spoiler

:whatever2::hype:

Spoiler

Grandfather is such a collapse, I am so grateful to be alive for this album  :trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.