Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

8 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

I've tried but I really cant figure it out  maybe people can edit this and add what they know 

Reveal hidden contents

Three white butterflies to know youre near

I know that they think that it took somebody else to make me beautiful, Beautiful

As they intended me to be

But they’re wrong

I know that they guess

That it took thousands of people to put me together again

like an experiment

Like some big man behind the scenes so im ????

But they’re wrong

God if youre near me send me three white butterflies or an owl to know your listening

Sitting while im drinking

Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while hes deep sea fishing

On the shores of the pacific

1 minute ago, Peppers said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Three white butterflies to know you're near

I know they think that it took somebody else to make me beautiful, beautiful

But they’re wrong

I know they think

That it took thousands of people to put me together again

Like an experiment

Some big man behind the scenes

? Frankenstein black dreams into my songs

But they’re wrong

God if you're near me, send me three white butterflies

Or an owl to know you're listening

Sitting while I'm drinking

Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father

While he's deep-sea fishing

For sharks in the pacific

Cause oh God, ?
?
I'm folk I'm jazz I'm blue I'm green
Regrettably also a white woman
But I have good intentions
Even if I'm one of the last ones
If you don't believe me
My poetry, and my melodies
Feel it in your bones
I have good intentions
Even if i'm one of the last ones

Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father
While he's deep-sea fishing
For all the things he's wishing
God if you're near me, send me three white butterflies
Or a map to know you're fishing
?

It took somebody else
To make me beautiful
Wonderful
But they're wrong

Three white butterflies to know you're near

Thank you so much to you both!! 

Spoiler

The lyrics at first glance look beautiful, not what I expected from the title. I’m excited to listen!

why do I feel like we'll have another Cassette Girl before we hear the album in HQ, another thing to add to our pain :eartha2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

some people found the obituary of an Aaron Greene of Lake Placid who died in a car crash, Lana was around 20 years old at the time (I believe)

I'm unsure what his actual relation to Lana was however..friend, boyfriend, acquaintance ? 

Spoiler

i have a whole story in my head just from those few lines… that’s just how powerful the song is 😭 like every single lyric brings so many narratives and themes in my mind 

when i hear the part about aaron green i imagine lana as a young girl who just wants to have fun, go out, enjoy simple things (like making drinks for guys in a bar for a summer job type of thing, idk) and hang with guys (ride monologue reference…). she has this crush on aaron and her mom, conservative and annoying, just keeps her away from all this freedom, perhaps insinuating how she will die young if she keeps chasing a certain lifestyle. then it turns out that this guy actually dies, which makes the whole thing even more painful, while her mother doesn’t really care about the emotional impact of this. she only uses this as a “told you so” kind of moment to prove her point that she will just end up in institutions if she keeps getting attached to guys like him etc.

this is just one of the interpretations that come to my mind of course, i’m not saying this is how things went. but i also have a difficult relationship with my parents so i imagine lana might have had to deal with her mom’s insensitivity towards her in a similar way perhaps 

hopefully for her there was not THIS MUCH drama, cause that really sucks…… but again, the way she references their relationship always sounds very tense so…

52 minutes ago, ShootingNeon said:

Spoke to a few friends that work at independent record stores and they’ve told me the record label could purposely send out the album/vinyl a day before official release to avoid leaks.. It’s apparently all in control of the label and when they dispatch to stores :eek:

I’ve been saying this for weeks now. If the album leaks tomorrow it will not be because of stores. Stores not getting the memo will not get them the album earlier. 

Everyone give it up for Carl Jung for influencing this beautiful album :hair:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 hours ago, burthday kake said:
  Reveal hidden contents

sry in advance 4 being that person who dumps kind of unprovoked & ill probably delete this later anyway

but

my puppy recently got diagnosed with a heart problem that prevents her from getting enough oxygen to her brain at times so she'll just like collapse now sometimes when out on walks etc., we will likely be putting her down in a couple weeks time (max)  & i know an animal life & a human life aren't exactly comparable but i've had her since i was 9 n picked her out... so nearly 12 years together now ... she's lived in canada & in germany with me, travelled to croatia, italy & austria with me... we have shared so many memories :xcry:

it's a shame that we die but all of her sweetness, I'm gonna take that too with me :xcry:

by some miracle, these songs came at the perfect time for me<3

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-1905-2.jpg   IMG-1886-2.jpg

my lovely stella bella...shes truly a big star. :cryney2: <3

Oh mama I’m sorry.. I didn’t read the entire thing because of the spoilers I’m sorry but I just want u to know I’m thinking about u and sending u lots of love. Keep well💕

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

8 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

why do I feel like we'll have another Cassette Girl before we hear the album in HQ, another thing to add to our pain :eartha2:

At this point, as long as it's listenable and has no stupid watermarks I'd take a cassette rip over this nightmare... :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

46 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I just find it so weird that they only leaked Side A? Like... 

someone at a vinyl factory was probably given a defective vinyl with only side A on properly. And that’s why the rest are just LQ, snippets or tagged 

2 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

I’ve been saying this for weeks now. If the album leaks tomorrow it will not be because of stores. Stores not getting the memo will not get them the album earlier. 

But don't we have confirmation that some stores already have received the album?

Imagine if Lana hadn't released music since 2019 (Norman) and this was her next album:air:

I think she'd have everyone crazy with everything that's happened in this era, the magazines, A&W, the beautiful title track and cover variants and the boobs picture:air:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Just now, DCooper said:

But don't we have confirmation that some stores already have received the album?

Where? I haven’t seen anything other than some fake vinyl mockups

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

At this point, as long as it's listenable and has no stupid watermarks I'd take a cassette rip over this nightmare... :bebe:

Spoiler

It's going to be so weird listening to Grandfather untagged and not hearing Rosemead exclusive baby with how many times I've listened :bebe:

Just now, DCooper said:

Well, some music store in Mexico posted a video of the vinyl with Fingertips playing... :eartha2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: