Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Currently in the process of making a visualiser for when the album comes out. I've just finished The Grants with a lot of home video imagery and gospel singers, it's hard to come up with visuals having not heard the track but i added a sepia effect for the song and i'm rolling with that for now. The Grants just makes me think of everything in Sepia for some reason.

What sort of imagery do ya'll see for Ocean Blvd and A&W, i need some tips! 

Also if anyone wants my visualiser after i've completed it, send me a DM and i'll gladly share it :)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

YALL OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. WE'RE GETTING IT

Did You know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd feels once again so different from what she’s done before and yet a collage of everything she’s ever made — it even ends with the grimy, heavy, original and unheard version of ‘Venice Bitch’

So the OG version of Venice Bitch huh? This might as well be her best closer already. Taco Truck x VB is coming for Get Free's spot help.

8QsXMcW.gif

Grimy! :oprah4: Heavy! :oprah4: Original! :oprah4:

SCREAMING FROM THIS, WE WON, WE REALLY WON
LESS THAN 2 DAYS UNTIL THE ALBUM LEAK MY BIRTHDAY!! im going to orlando :hottie:

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Ready for Fishtail, Paris, Texas, and Taco Truck

:oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Jack Antonoff: "You have a weird whiplash of not knowing what you’re supposed to feel (on A&W) That sensation is across the album: you could dissect the tone of whether it’s hints of gospel or bringing back some of the 808s and the fucked-up side of things. But in the studio, it was just about finding what is shocking in the moment. Lana is boundaryless. She’s reached a point in her work, which is really my favourite place to work from, where there’s nowhere to go but way out into the fucking wilderness artistically. Go chase radio? That’d be so stupid. Go chase trends? So stupid. She created all the trends. It’s a freeing place, if you can accept it. The only place to go is to be a leader."

This album is going to be frighteningly good :true:

Just now, DCooper said:

Jack Antonoff: "You have a weird whiplash of not knowing what you’re supposed to feel (on A&W) That sensation is across the album: you could dissect the tone of whether it’s hints of gospel or bringing back some of the 808s and the fucked-up side of things. But in the studio, it was just about finding what is shocking in the moment. Lana is boundaryless. She’s reached a point in her work, which is really my favourite place to work from, where there’s nowhere to go but way out into the fucking wilderness artistically. Go chase radio? That’d be so stupid. Go chase trends? So stupid. She created all the trends. It’s a freeing place, if you can accept it. The only place to go is to be a leader."

This album is going to be frighteningly good :true:

Jack Antonoff is KING and I hope they continue working together for a long time. :trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I really can't believe we're getting more Venice Bitch, my favourite song of all time :crying2: The way Lana just knew that her greatest album had to end with her greatest song :wowcry:

23 minutes ago, tulsa said:

YALL OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. WE'RE GETTING IT

Did You know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd feels once again so different from what she’s done before and yet a collage of everything she’s ever made — it even ends with the grimy, heavy, original and unheard version of ‘Venice Bitch’

I'm leaking from this NFR supremacy homage 

34 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

ROSEMEAD

1. A&W

2. Let The Light In

3. The Grants

4. Taco Truck x VB

5. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing

6. Fishtail

7. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

8. Kintsugi

9. Candy Necklace

10. Sweet

11. Margaret

12. Peppers

13. Paris, Texas

14. Fingertips

(15. & 16. Judah Smith and Jon Batiste Interludes)

Not a fan of the interludes, Fingertips, Paris, Texas, Peppers, and Margaret, but praised the rest of the tracks and literally said that Kintsugi and Candy Necklace being in the middle of his ranking order doesn't mean anything at all, because he adores both songs and we have nothing to worry about in terms of their quality. He also really likes Sweet which he called "cute next to gorgeous". 

FLORIDAKILOS

1. Fishtail

2. Taco Truck x VB

3. A&W

4. Fingertips

5. Paris, Texas

Not a fan of the interludes and Margaret (because of Jack's voice, lmao).

BRIGHTSUN

1. Kintsugi

2. Let The Light In

3. Margaret

4. Taco Truck x VB

They consider this to be Lana's best album. Not a fan of Paris, Texas!

KINTSUGI (no official ranking)

1. Kintsugi (duh)

+ highlighted A&W, called Candy Necklace massive, thought Margaret is actually great, called Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing excellent, praised Let The Light In and Taco Truck x VB's outro ("one for the books"), and generally raved about the tracks 8-16 sequence. The only tracks that he didn't like are the two interludes. 

BOZ (no official ranking; an ATRL member tried to guess/predict BOZ's ranking order, and BOZ said that it's pretty close)

1. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing

2. A&W 

Also praised The Grants, Let The Light In, Paris, Texas, and Fingertips. He really likes the Jon Batiste Interlude and has kinda warmed up to the Judah Smith Interlude (which he called eerie and psychotic). He also said that Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd is possibly a top 5 track on his ranking order. Not a fan of Margaret (he called the song "cute", but he doesn't like Jack's voice at all in general) and Kintsugi (he praised the lyrics, but found the track way too slow for his liking). 

The rankings are all over the map, and this is the sign of a great album! I love the fact that Margaret is at the bottom of BOZ's ranking (and Rosemead doesn't like it either), while Kintsugi said that it's great and it's also made Brightsun's top 3. Ditto Paris, Texas (very high on BOZ and Floridakilos' ranking, very low on Rosemead and Brightsun's ranking) and even Kintsugi (#1 (!!!!) song for both Kintsugi and Brightsun, near the bottom of the ranking order for BOZ) and Fingertips (Rosemead's least liked song, while praised by BOZ and floridakilos). It really looks like there's something for everyone. The only tracks that haven't appeared on top 5s etc. seem to be Peppers, Sweet and the two interludes. I haven't listened to any of the leaks/snippets, but I adore all of your wildly diverse reactions to the tracks so far. I am so excited about the new album! :lange:

And based on floridakilos' tea regarding the fact that most insiders/leakers don't have Candy Necklace, this is definitely Black Bathing Suit redux (last-minute addition to the tracklist + similar spot on the tracklist (track 6 v. track 5! right after an interlude!) + similar length (5:14 v. 5:18)! lol).

34 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

THANKS SO MUCH! 

For me, Rosemead's list prolly makes the most sense since he ranked Granfather and Taco super high along with Boulevard and AW, while he has Sweet and Fingertips low - just like me.

But one thing is for sure - Candy Necklace isn't anything spectacular by the looks of it.