Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

so I think the grants and yes to Heaven are somehow related

“If you dance I’ll dance, if you don’t I’ll dance anyway” —> “can I do a dance for once?”

“Say yes to heaven” —> “do you think about heaven?”

“Say yes to me” —> “do you think about me?”

“I’ve got my mind on you” —> “I’m gonna take mind of you with me”

0YnL0Kf.gif

Just now, Sunset Opal said:

Question for the culture part II :creepna2:

What is your favourite moment of this era ? 

the last half of a day of the pre pre release thread, with everyone thinking drake was going to be on the album and the album cover was going to be chemtrails but full of twinks

and also for giving me Margaret

Just now, The Grants said:

the last half of a day of the pre pre release thread, with everyone thinking drake was going to be on the album and the album cover was going to be chemtrails but full of twinks

I don’t remember it :ohno: Drake collab would be funny tho :omfg2:

3 minutes ago, The Grants said:

pls this was so funny 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

fuck...i caved and listened to the Taco Truck snippet :oprah4::oop2::eartha:

it's literally the greatest thing i've ever heard, i need the full thing now

it's so groovy and dreamy and the fact that it turns into VB.....i will collapse, ambulances will be needed

I NEED IT NOW

:crai:

7 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

Question for the culture part II :creepna2:

What is your favourite moment of this era ? 

Two of the top ones for me:

1) @hotshot2am figuring out the aha music links

2) another user randomly came across the album release date in the description of the Arcadia music video. Does anyone remember who that was

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

35 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

real. i got told to get lobotomised bc i said i enjoy fingertips, sweet & the grants all more than A&W .......very, very strange energy on this website :true: 

also wondering why the mods didnt give his ass a warning point but i guess its okay to be sexist towards women for airing independent thought & opinion on here:really:

I think we must've missed that comment because... :horror2:

But just a reminder to you (and everyone else too lol) that if you think something goes against the rules of the site, you can use the Report button at the top of a post (looks like a little flag) and submit a report to the mods for us to review

This helps us out too because we can't always be watching everything, everywhere, all at once :true:

5 minutes ago, fishtails said:

think we must've missed that comment because... :horror2:

i did report it tbf but it’s all good i mean i’m not truly thaaat pressed over it anymore, was more just adding to Vertimus’ point that some people rly don’t understand subjectivity in music taste& can take it a bit far for no reason

:true:

Thank u tho 💕💕💕 

For me, Lana's singing style is very deliberate and I personally love it. At this point, starting with Violet, she seems to be experimenting more with theatrical performance and not just singing her songs. Moments on A&W wouldn't be as impactful if she was singing the way most singers do, the hushed whispers make it feel like we're leaning in to hear a secret and it just adds to the impact for me.

Spoiler

Fingertips is especially effective with the delivery, it's like watching a secret diary be ripped open with the pages falling apart and she's spiralling with the story. Breathtaking.

27 minutes ago, Im a ghost now said:

I feel like these last 15 days are going to drag for what seems like forever. We're entering the worst period, buckle up girlies :toofloppy: but we can do it!

seriously, it does seem forever. I’m doing the worst work assignments EVER (opening child support cases, fuck my life…) for the remainder of this month and it’s literally torture doing that and waiting for the record to drop. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

She never disappoints with the vocals.

Every album has a song with experimental vocals- Dealer/WFWF/BBS/WD/DTWD all are classic examples.

A&W is already widely different and new territory for her...can't wait for Taco and Candy.

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

i did report it tbf but it’s all good i mean i’m not truly thaaat pressed over it anymore, was more just adding to Vertimus’ point that some people rly don’t understand subjectivity in music taste& can take it a bit far for no reason

:true:

Its true, people do tend to get very defensive over their music tastes, especially around release time lol 

Spoiler

also I checked the report and that user actually did recieve a warning point for that comment

8 minutes ago, fishtails said:

Its true, people do tend to get very defensive over their music tastes, especially around release time lol 

Hide contents

also I checked the report and that user actually did recieve a warning point for that comment

oh shit THANK YOU MODS :krylie: i’m so sorry i doubted, would b cool if there was a feat where we get a noti/reply to our reports but i also get that might be too much work

ANYWAYS, GOD BLESS LANABOARDS & ALL THE BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN IT :trisha: