Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, Fingertips said:

You all can keep flapping your gums about the chosen song as the next single, but Peppers and Taco Truck would be incredibly false advertising, so I'm glad she went with a track that's more representative of the album a whole. This ain't GagaDaily. Be glad she didn't put out the experimental cuts of the record, Kintsugi or Fingertips.  :oprah3:

exactly and fuck the GP, if they aren’t here for songs like The Grants then they don’t deserve the middle and second half of the album :true:

let them think it’s piano only while we gatekeep the bops 

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

That's all very well expressed. It's a wonderful record, but I guess what the public might take from the word 'revenge' and what she perceives it as can be wildly different. 

Very true, and we know Lana speaks in riddles anyway!

but I remember her saying about the album before she deleted her official Instagram account, it was about where’s she’s been, where she’s at now and where she’s going- which I saw the themes run through the album and probably why it ended on the very sweet track, sweet Carolina :P

and it made sense as to why she included the trio, the good, the bad and the ugly. It was definitely supposed to hit back and be like “this is me” type thing, but, as we know, wasn’t executed well.. though I love all the tracks individually! Probably getting off topic now though.. but hopefully ocean blvd is the well rounded version of bb

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

26 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

Tbh I’m kinda over the insiders for multiple reasons. As much as they say they don’t want attention, it’s literally all they want. They tease something and then act all surprised when fans want more information. They spoil everything before Lana/her team get to announce anything. Imagine if we were surprised by Lana herself and not some “insider”, it would make it that much more exciting.

I’m kinda hope this “insider” era ends after this album cycle but I’m sure it will only get worse for the next one.

As much as I appreciate this post (mostly due to the fact that I also love to be surprised with visuals and media from my favorite artist) I think it’s extremely unrealistic to think insider eras/culture will ever change. Think about the practicalities of muting these people: Twitter would need to delete their accounts, ATRL would need to delete their accounts…even then they could always make another one. Then there’s the added challenge of communication channels within Discord, Instagram, other music forums, etc: insiders have their own cult following that will ultimately relay any spills to us on here. Suffice it to say insider culture will never go away - at least not from any external attempts (i.e. censoring, removing them from certain platforms). What it’s ultimately going to take is an internal decision by every insider to choose not to reveal something, and frankly I don’t think that’s going to happen LMAO :eartha:

Just now, lanasbottom said:

exactly and fuck the GP, if they aren’t here for songs like The Grants then they don’t deserve the middle and second half of the album :true:

let them think it’s piano only while we gatekeep the bops 

The Grants is a beautiful song. It might be my "least favorite" of the leaked tracks, but it's still a really nice song to listen to, 8/10, and speaks to the volume of the high caliber of this album. :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm sure it has been said a million times since The Grants news but I can see the "surprise" being the album trailer with the 3 singles. I know it's not that crazy but we didn't get one for the last 2 albums and BOZ said The Grants would be amazing on a trailer so it makes sense that he's excited. 

The album trailer one week before the album also makes sense :true:

I'd prefer a short film with those 3 songs but that's unlikely 

giphy.gif

The Grants is a beautiful song. It might be my "least favorite" of the leaked tracks, but it's still a really nice song to listen to, 8/10, and speaks to the volume of the high caliber of this album. :oprah3:

and that’s enough to get me excited i’m here for anything but nikki lane collabs atp :ma:

Spoiler

I can already see the girlies complaining that it's a piano ballad :scoff: 

When it's literally a type of song that she had never done before, while still being the perfect successor to Sweet Carolina with a full blown orchestra and a choir :angie:

16 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Could someone please reply with ( the grants ) lyrics, I’m gonna screenshot it with my eyes closed:hillary: for the single release since Apple Music & Spotify take forever :krylie:

Spoiler

intro:

one... two... ready...

im going to take, mind(?) with you with me

say it again

mind of you with me. thank you one more time

one... two... ready...

im going to take, mind of you with me

like rocket mountain high

the way john denver sings

end intro

start:

so you say theres a chance for us

should i do a dance for once

youre a family man but,

but,

do you think about heaven? ah-ha

do you think about me? my pastor told me.

when you leave all your (?) ah-ha

is your memory

and im going to take mind of you with me

im going to take mind of you with me

so many mountains too high to climb

so many rivers so low but im,

doing the (?)

im doing my time

im doing it for us

for family love(?)

do you think about heaven? ah-ha

do you think about me? my pastor told me.

when you leave all your (?) ah-ha

is your memory

and i wanna take mind of you with me

im gonna take mind of you with me

yeah, im going to take mind of you with me

like rocket mountain high

the way john denver sings

a sisters first born child

im gonna take that too with me

my grandmothers last line

im gonna take that too with me

its a beautiful life

(??? i cant understand the last line)

the grants lyrics in full

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

10 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Could someone please reply with ( the grants ) lyrics, I’m gonna screenshot it with my eyes closed:hillary: for the single release since Apple Music & Spotify take forever :krylie:

lmaooo this is so funny but isn't it better to wait for the release? I'm sure elle will make a thread for the lyrics when it drops

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

we really don't want yes to heaven or fine china. let them die already ffs

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

My best friend who has a hard time getting into Lana, and said A&W “could be 2 min shorter” absolutely loved The Grants, and said it was his favorite song he had heard by her.

I think there’s something unique about it and there will be some “piano ballad” BS about it, it’s a strong, unique track. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

and that’s enough to get me excited i’m here for anything but nikki lane collabs atp :ma:

Weddings! Funerals! :ma:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

In the streaming era, people will pick and choose which song to smash anyway when the album is out. Singles don’t really matter that much.

Lana or her label ignoring the sign chosen by the listeners tho is unfortunate. Arcadia having not one but TWO music videos and a televised live performance over Dealer was a mess.

4 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

As much as I appreciate this post (mostly due to the fact that I also love to be surprised with visuals and media from my favorite artist) I think it’s extremely unrealistic to think insider eras/culture will ever change. Think about the practicalities of muting these people: Twitter would need to delete their accounts, ATRL would need to delete their accounts…even then they could always make another one. Then there’s the added challenge of communication channels within Discord, Instagram, other music forums, etc: insiders have their own cult following that will ultimately relay any spills to us on here. Suffice it to say insider culture will never go away - at least not from any external attempts (i.e. censoring, removing them from certain platforms). What it’s ultimately going to take is an internal decision by every insider to choose not to reveal something, and frankly I don’t think that’s going to happen LMAO :eartha:

I 100% agree, I want them to go away but I know they’re going to be here lol

1 hour ago, ionut said:

i sometimes wish that we could have actual surprises like without any insider infos or shit like that:xcry:

I miss the days when I only knew she was releasing music because it was in my iTunes but now I’m obsessed with this website and can’t leave :crossed:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over