Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

29 minutes ago, barttttender said:

My rankings are mainly about the albums having the list skip tracks. Like, I love Born to Die's singles (they're some of her greatest ever), but I never listen to the whole album. 

1. NFR (love all tracks to pieces!) 

2. LUST FOR LIFE (like all except Coachella, which is one of her worst)

3. OCEAN BOULEVARD (already dislike 

Hide contents

Fingertips and Judah Smith interlude, a lot)

4. CHEMTRAILS OVER THE COUNTRY CLUB (For Free, Breaking Up Slowly and Yosemite are all skips imo, plus the album is too short)

5 HONEYMOON (Feak, Burnt Norton and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood are skips, but there are also some songs that are slow for me...)

6. BORN TO DIE (objectively a lesser album than Ultraviolence with even more skips - like most of the second half - but the singles are some of her greatest)

7. ULTRAVIOLENCE (too front-loaded, and I don't like most of the songs in the second half, but the singles are so damn good)

8. PARADISE (only listen to Cola, Ride, American, Gods and Monsters, and Burning Desire))

9. BLUE BANISTERS (only like Wildfire, Thunder and Black Bathing Suit)

10. VIOLET BENT BACKWARDS OVER THE GRASS (only liked Violet and Happy)

do you have anything positive to say on here ? :toofunny: 

giving one of those people who exclusively complain about everything, why are you people even here :deadbanana:

8 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

giving one of those people who exclusively complain about everything, why are you people even here :deadbanana:

Huh? Just because I say there are a few skips on a record, it doesn't mean I don't love them all. But a ranking has to be made somehow. Hence, going the way of skips!

The only albums I don''t listen to are Violet and BB. Huge fan of most of the others. 

24 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

Maam not the positive hags kidnapping u:eartha2: destroy-the-sith-star-wars.gif

1 hour ago, Prettywhenyoudye said:

so i know i’m VERY excited for the album & it’s entire sound, how do you guys feel this will rank amongst your favorite pieces of work from Lana? i’m curious about the general consensus even though a majority of it we haven’t heard in full!

1. Nfr

2. Ocean blvd

3. Cocc

4. Blue balls

5. Honeymoon

6. UV

8. aka

7. Lust for life

8. Paradise

9. Btd

40 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

thank god someone said it

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

My rankings are mainly about the albums having the list skip tracks. Like, I love Born to Die's singles (they're some of her greatest ever), but I never listen to the whole album. 

1. NFR (love all tracks to pieces!) 

2. LUST FOR LIFE (like all except Coachella, which is one of her worst)

3. OCEAN BOULEVARD (already dislike 

Hide contents

Fingertips and Judah Smith interlude, a lot)

4. CHEMTRAILS OVER THE COUNTRY CLUB (For Free, Breaking Up Slowly and Yosemite are all skips imo, plus the album is too short)

5 HONEYMOON (Feak, Burnt Norton and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood are skips, but there are also some songs that are slow for me...)

6. BORN TO DIE (objectively a lesser album than Ultraviolence with even more skips - like most of the second half - but the singles are some of her greatest)

7. ULTRAVIOLENCE (too front-loaded, and I don't like most of the songs in the second half, but the singles are so damn good)

8. PARADISE (only listen to Cola, Ride, American, Gods and Monsters, and Burning Desire))

9. BLUE BANISTERS (only like Wildfire, Thunder and Black Bathing Suit)

10. VIOLET BENT BACKWARDS OVER THE GRASS (only liked Violet and Happy)

Not the Freak skip and the UV’s second half slander :awkney:

Plus, Violet is one of her best works ever.

IMG-7960.jpg

at this point i don't think i can EVER rank lana's albums. i don't feel comfortable about putting any record less than 3rd place, and genuinely everytime i listen to a song from ANY record, i feel like im ascending so like, i genuinely don't dislike any lana albums therefore it is impossible for me to rank them.. only lana song that i skip is if you lie down w me but other than that all of her songs have a place in me

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

I don’t think many albums have any skips for me.. even the interludes, I think they have their place when listening to the album as a whole! 

from top of my head only skips I know definitively are Lolita and cola (sorry!) though guns and roses and lust for life are up for debate too.. oh and VFR, I hate that one :shh2:

I never listen to violet.. only because I’m an Apple Music user and it’s not on there.. I would listen to that a lot otherwise.. 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

8 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Not the Freak skip and the UV’s second half slander :awkney:

Plus, Violet is one of her best works ever.

Super glad you like those. I like Old Money, but "Fucked my Way", "Sad Girl," and especially "Money, Power, Glory" all kinda sound the same to me. Also, my ears can't stand The Other Woman for some reason. But that first half of the record - omg, probably her greatest achievement to date. 

As for Violet, I write for a living, and I appreciate her efforts to both quote and write poetry. A critic once said, "If LDR was a Spice Girl, she'd be literary spice," which I fully agree with. I love Lana for the lyrics mostly, and the images she conjures up. But as far as poetry goes, most of the poems are a bit of a rambling mess, IMO. Violet and Happy are inspired though. Again, that's just my opinion - glad you're into them. :)

5 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I don’t think many albums have any skips for me.. even the interludes, I think they have their place when listening to the album as a whole! 

from top of my head only skips I know definitively are Lolita and cola (sorry!) though guns and roses and lust for life are up for debate too.. oh and VFR, I hate that one :shh2:

I never listen to violet.. only because I’m an Apple Music user and it’s not on there.. I would listen to that a lot otherwise.. 

Yes, Guns and Roses, too. Very little effort from LDR on that track. What's VFR? Anyway, we should probably stick to the topic (Ocean Boulevard) - don't want to get a warning point. Over & out.

2 hours ago, Prettywhenyoudye said:

so i know i’m VERY excited for the album & it’s entire sound, how do you guys feel this will rank amongst your favorite pieces of work from Lana? i’m curious about the general consensus even though a majority of it we haven’t heard in full!

I feel this album is going straight to my top 3 at least but I don't think anything she'll release will ever take HM from the top spot... too many memories attached to that album :crying4:

But yeah I have really high expectations and the songs I've heard so far didn't disappoint at all :true:

Even if I like every song on first listen I always need a lot of time with her albums to truly know how I really feel about them. For example I'm still trying to decide which one of the 2021 albums I like more and I only started appreciating LFL in its entirety recently :hide:

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

woke up to another polish lady possibly having the album :ma:

also just wanna remind yall that in 48 hours we'll know the surprise

these polish ladies have us wrapped around their finger :oop: