Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

BOZ said that the surprise is not related to a "new music project". And Kintsugi told us that he doesn't want to reveal much, but the surprise is tied with "new music" and it is worth the wait. What could be new music but shouldn't be considered as a new music project? Definitely not unofficially released/leaked/unreleased stuff. And most definitely not a brand new album.

I think that @American Whore may be right. We might get the bonus tracks/deluxe edition/b-sides of DYKTTATUOB. It's not a "new music project" and it could explain: a) BOZ being personally happy about it (didn't he tell us that she changed the tracklist several times? He might have dug tracks that didn't make the cut; Candy Necklace was a last-minute addition after all), b) the "pearl watch me on ring a bell psycho lifeguard" part of the original album title - apparently titles of 4-5 songs that seem to have not been featured on the lyrics of any tracks so far (paging @fl0r1dakil0s for help!). 

Just now, Jeanne Dielman said:

BOZ said that the surprise is not related to a "new music project". And Kintsugi told us that he doesn't want to reveal much, but the surprise is tied with "new music" and it is worth the wait. What could be new music but shouldn't be considered as a new music project? Definitely not unofficially released/leaked/unreleased stuff. And most definitely not a brand new album.

I think that @American Whore may be right. We might get the bonus tracks/deluxe edition/b-sides of DYKTTATUOB. It's not a "new music project" and it could explain: a) BOZ being personally happy about it (didn't he tell us that she changed the tracklist several times? He might have dug tracks that didn't make the cut; Candy Necklace was a last-minute addition after all), b) the "pearl watch me on ring a bell psycho lifeguard" part of the original album title - apparently titles of 4-5 songs that seem to have not been featured on the lyrics of any tracks so far (paging @fl0r1dakil0s for help!). 

This is what I initially thought for a while, but the only part I'm skeptical of is that BoZ said it doesn't have to do with Ocean Blvd tracks.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

This is what I initially thought for a while, but the only part I'm skeptical of is that BoZ said it doesn't have to do with Ocean Blvd tracks.

i think that's his way of saying the surprise didn't have to do with one of the songs becoming a single or being put in a soundtrack

either way i think it's just us getting a random b-side for the era and nothing more

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I interpreted this differently. I thought he meant that the surprise doesn't have anything to do with the existing/known Ocean Blvd tracks (a MV or a live performance of a single or something like that). But, yeah, this is very confusing. 

Just now, Jeanne Dielman said:

I interpreted this differently. I thought he meant that the surprise doesn't have anything to do with the existing/known Ocean Blvd tracks (a MV or a live performance of a single or something like that). But, yeah, this is very confusing. 

Interesting! If so, I definitely see her dropping 5-6 songs that didn't make the cut

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

10 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

It could be done similarly to how Taylor did her Midnights 3AM edition, where it had extras and stuff included in streaming. Didn't it end up releasing first as just normal Midnights and then the next day or a few hours later dropped as the 3AM edition with bonus tracks? Maybe thats what it is

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

7 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Interesting! If so, I definitely see her dropping 5-6 songs that didn't make the cut

It's possible, yeah! I'm just trying to decipher what could possibly make BOZ personally happy about this surprise. Music videos or a tour announcement don't make sense. A recorded live performance would include Ocean Blvd tracks, so that's a no. Unreleased/old stuff? No. A documentary perhaps? Although I'm pretty sure that all of BOZ's info is strictly music-related, right? And he did put that headphones emoji on his latest post on ATRL, lol. :eartha2: 

22 minutes ago, imaginist said:
  Hide contents

Also bringing up again the "UV Sessions" film title that's rumored, isn't it almost time for the 10th year "anniversary" of her actually recording Ultraviolence? Wasn't it in of summer of '13? Or beginning of '14 I can't remember.

The beginning of the film will be her right after all the BTD drama and her trying to reinvent herself.

June 2024 would be 10 years anniversary of UV

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, imaginist said:

I don't mean the anniversary of the album, I meant the 10-year mark of the recording sessions for it.

oh yeah, by february 2013, she was writing/recording for UV

Unrelated to the quoted post:

i'm gonna stay an outtake/bsides truther! It's not a new album, but it's technically new music and I think it kind of makes the most sense as a surprise that she could announce soonish, with the album out in less than 2 weeks. if she announced on tuesday that there's "a little something up my sleeve for next friday" or something cute like that, i think that'd be all that's needed. the fans will listen to those tracks, it'd keep people listening to the album and pushing it on streaming. it'd keep her streaming numbers up and could prove that she can keep her streaming numbers up without a physical release to executives at the label who are worried about digital releases. of course it'd suck to not have those tracks physically, but maybe it's being saved for the vinyl boxset, set to be pre-orderable on the same day as release? :true: i've convinced myself :toofunny:

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, American Whore said:

oh yeah, by february 2013, she was writing/recording for UV

Unrelated to the quoted post:

i'm gonna stay an outtake/bsides truther! It's not a new album, but it's technically new music and I think it kind of makes the most sense as a surprise that she could announce soonish, with the album out in less than 2 weeks. if she announced on tuesday that there's "a little something up my sleeve for next friday" or something cute like that, i think that'd be all that's needed. the fans will listen to those tracks, it'd keep people listening to the album and pushing it on streaming. it'd keep her streaming numbers up and could prove that she can keep her streaming numbers up without a physical release to executives at the label who are worried about digital releases. of course it'd suck to not have those tracks physically, but maybe it's being saved for the vinyl boxset, set to be pre-orderable on the same day as release? :true: i've convinced myself :toofunny:

Ya I have kind of deluded-ly convinced myself that it’s an outtakes EP as well :rip: 

BOZ was pretty careful to say it’s nothing to do with ocean Blvd “album tracks” and that this isn’t a new “music project” which are both technically true. And I don’t see why this would be the first time him and Kintsugi had different information on something. 

Beautiful new outtakes coming Friday 🚀😍🚀😍

The surprise isn’t a NEW music project bc it’s an OLD a music project :hair:

shes re-releasing AKA, And she’s going to give us the covers album, a collection of 25 of her best unreleased tracks, UV 10th anniversary deluxe collectors edition with demos and outtakes, then she’s also releasing her album with the last shadow puppets!!!!

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I honestly want the unreleased collection the most (only if they are re-recorded and produced)  but I’ll be happy as long as it isn’t something like a soundtrack/performance/magazine lol

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

If it is an unreleased album of her top 25 unreleased songs (that we have) these are my choices

Spoiler
  1. You Can Be The Boss
  2. Velvet Crowbar 
  3. TV in Black & White 
  4. Serial Killer 
  5. Prom Song (Gone Wrong)
  6. Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight 
  7. Kinda Outta Luck 
  8. Hollywood’s Dead
  9. Driving In Cars With Boys 
  10. Queen Of Disaster  
  11. I Talk To Jesus