Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

39 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Can someone who is unbiased and doesn’t just hate piano based songs rate The Grants out of 10. 

Spoiler

the production kind of reminds me of Arcadia but it blows it out of the water. I'd rate it a 8.5/10. it's such a beautiful and uplifting song. it reminds me of You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban lol

sgopYhV.gif

1 hour ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

its pretty unlikely that lana is literally putting a sermon from some preacher onto her album without some level of subversion, and to be honest even if she did, who cares. there's a difference between lana endorsing something and lana portraying something, and as a gay person who is staunchly atheist, im 100% here to listen to whatever lana wants to throw at me. art should be challenging.

furthermore we can hear from the high quality snippet that just leaked and the full low quality tagged version that

Reveal hidden contents

there is a lot of disturbing, ominous sounds playing over the top, and we can hear lana giggling and mocking him in the clip too,

and it comes right after A&W where she talks about god being a charlatan and not needing to be loved anymore; I think it's safe to say there's a strong artistic statement being made here. but agree, we should wait to hear the full track before we pass judgement, im merely speaking to those who are constantly on here worrying that she's going to trigger them because she's including religious content in her album.

Are those not misheard lyrics though? She clarified in the Tiktok that it's "Got a cop who turned down the back beat" just like how the lyrics in Get Free are "For Amy & for Whitney", she censors it to being "For ___ and for ___" but it doesn't add random lyrics there. Of course, you could argue that she's singing the original lyrics, because she then sings "Like I'm invisible, you should've told me" which isn't in the final track. But "God's a charlatan down the back beat" doesn't make sense 

That's it, that's all I wanted to say

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

MC SCORE: 92 

PITCHFORK: "HER BEST YET" 10

PITCHFORK BEST NEW TRACKS: "FINGERTIPS," "GRANDFATHER, PLEASE STAND ON THE SHOULDERS OF MY FATHER WHILE HE DEEP SEA FISHES," and "TACO TRUCK x VB" :oprah4:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

ranking all the songs i have heard from the album (i only listened to part of grandfather since it was tagged) WITH EXPLANATIONS

Spoiler

1. Sweet / A&W (tie) — to me, i just love the melody and instrumental of Sweet more than A&W (i have a kink for strings), but A&W feels more finished and the lyrics are better than Sweet, so it's a tie for now

2. Fingertips — listen, this instrumental (if you can call it that) really missed, there was no melody or chorus, but I think these are Lana's best lyrics in her discography, so it makes up for it

3. DYKTTATUOB — top 3 title track, i love the instrumental and the lyrics, i do however wish it had a better melody because the chorus felt unsatisfying(?) i guess, i like the verses more than the chorus, good buildup too

4. The Grants — similar reasons to DYK, but in my opinion, it had a weaker instrumental and weaker buildup, and I don't think the intro was the best choice, heartbreaking lyrics though

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

3 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I literally don’t know what I’m going to do with my free time after the pre release is over. I’m going to go through Lana Boards withdrawals 

dw bae, we go straight into LDR X pre release after this!

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

4 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I literally don’t know what I’m going to do with my free time after the pre release is over. I’m going to go through Lana Boards withdrawals 

Believe me, we'll be put into another pre-pre-release thread again :godlaugh:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

21 minutes ago, Im a ghost now said:

Hide contents

I love the intro so much, from the first time I heard it. I think it sounds comforting. Lana probably wanted the background singers to have their moment.

There's also this thing in gospel music - call and response - where the singers sing a line, and then the church responds. So I picture Lana sitting in the church, then she hears this hymn, and the song is her response.

I don't know if I worded this very well but I think my point was made  :silly:  

so in love with this interpretation :um2:

16 minutes ago, American Whore said:

Are those not misheard lyrics though? She clarified in the Tiktok that it's "Got a cop who turned down the back beat" just like how the lyrics in Get Free are "For Amy & for Whitney", she censors it to being "For ___ and for ___" but it doesn't add random lyrics there. Of course, you could argue that she's singing the original lyrics, because she then sings "Like I'm invisible, you should've told me" which isn't in the final track. But "God's a charlatan down the back beat" doesn't make sense 

That's it, that's all I wanted to say

you could very well be right, idk. on TikTok it did sound like she was singing that, but other things she sang in that same video were clearly different to the finished song, and people came to the conclusion that this was recorded while driving around, still writing the song, and that she posted it to give us clues as to what the song was about before refining the lyrics.

I just listened to the song again and it really does sound like she says 'gods a charlatan, dont look back babe' which is what it says on Apple Music, but yeah I guess it could be wrong.

Fingertips official ranking so far, love all of the tracks and they're all at least an 8, so nothing personal.

Spoiler

1. Fingertips

2. Grandfather, please stand on the shoulders of my father while he deep sea fishes

3. Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd?

4. A&W

5. Sweet

6. The Grants

:true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

30 minutes ago, bia said:

Hi guys! I don’t post here a lot, but would like to know: The Grants is better or worse than DYKTTATUOB in your opinion? I didn’t hear any leak yet 

Spoiler

Definitely worse than DYKTTATOUB, sorry.

Ocean Boulevard is a 10/10, The Grants is more like a 6.