Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

No, both scored below 8 (7.5 Chemtrails, 7.7 BB). The only LDR album that got "Best New Record" was NFR.

Btd - 5.5

Ultra - 7.1

Honeymoon 7.5

LFL 7.7.

Norman - 9.4

Chem 7.5

BB 7.5

Pitchfork rescored Born To Die from 5.5 to a dazzling 7.8!

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Her Pitchfork scores really aren't that bad, all things considered. Especially when you consider how biased critics were against her in the earlier years of her career. I think they lowballed Chemtrails a bit, though.

Spoiler

I'm so confused about poor Kintsugi. The lyrics that Kintsugi teased are some of her greatest ever. BOZ and 111 called it a "snooze"/"boring" despite the lyrical content, yet Kintsugi and Brightsun picked it as their favourite track, and both floridakilos and Rosemead praised it too. The Kintsugi-Fingertips section will be very divisive (Fingertips already is on these boards, but it's funny how that track is supposedly far less melodic than Kintsugi, yet BOZ and 111 prefer it, lol! There truly will be something for everyone on this album; the rankings will be all over the place and I'm here for it!). 

Anyway, I haven't listened to The Grants yet, but I assume that the (extended) intro will put several casual listeners off, right? It sounds like an unconventional single choice, but releasing a "bop" as a single wouldn't make sense thematically. I think that they will push/promote another - more accessible - track on release day like they did with If You Lie Down With Me for Blue Banisters. 

2 minutes ago, singintheblues said:

So in the interview se is going to say the famous surprise?

is there an interview? :wat: I thought it was just a performance. but if there is one, hopefully

20 minutes ago, margaret soty said:
  Hide contents

are on the same level, for me

Spoiler

To me, The Grants is 100% better than OC. 

1 minute ago, Jeanne Dielman said:
  Hide contents

I'm so confused about poor Kintsugi. The lyrics that Kintsugi teased are some of her greatest ever. BOZ and 111 called it a "snooze"/"boring" despite the lyrical content, yet Kintsugi and Brightsun picked it as their favourite track, and both floridakilos and Rosemead praised it too. The Kintsugi-Fingertips section will be very divisive (Fingertips already is on these boards). 

Anyway, I haven't listened to The Grants yet, but I assume that the (extended) intro will put several casual listeners off, right? It sounds like an unconventional single choice, but releasing a "bop" as a single wouldn't make sense thematically. I think that they will push/promote another - more accessible - track on release day like they did with If You Lie Down With Me for Blue Banisters. 

Spoiler

Everyone who doesn't like the Intro--I'm one of them--can just adjust their account to start the song at 54 seconds or so. 

7 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Pitchfork rescored Born To Die from 5.5 to a dazzling 7.8!

AS THEY SHOULD! They haven been so fucking obnoxious towards certain artists and extremely pretentious. I'm glad they are trying to redeem themselves a bit and recognize that they have been wrong in the past.

They may as well rescore UV and rightfully crown it as her magnum opus while they are at it.

Some of you might put too much emphasis on the opener and the closer that should not be spoiled for a transcending experience :eek2: 

Ok, A soaring closer is nice to have as a last surprise to an incredible album, but if I heard it before release, I won’t die.

:oprah3:anyways, I do see my first listen of an album just like losing your virginity or a first time with a new partner : the first time often ain’t the most memorable, but after a couple of times, it’s when it gets better. :brows:

I honestly don’t know if the surprise is today. It would make sense that we would assume it is, so BOZ deactivated his account to not face backlash. Obviously, there are other reasons why BOZ might have left, it’s just an idea. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

So excited to have this out by the time I'm out of class :xgiggle:

𝔅𝔬𝔯𝔫 𝔗𝔬 𝔇𝔦𝔢 𝔵 𝔘𝔩𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔦𝔬𝔩𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔵 ℌ𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔶𝔪𝔬𝔬𝔫

ob6gU4v.jpgGakhqti.jpg9AB9q4W.jpg

9 minutes ago, Cake Bush said:

The Grants is

Hide contents

a grower. Listened to it when the few untagged songs leaked and was like ehhhh uhh no thank you. Loved Sweet immediately.  Cried at fingertips and became obsessed the second time I listened.  Didn't listen to the Grants again till yall figured out it was new single, and then I loved it and think it's beautiful.  But the intro still throws me off.  I may be allergic to gospel, but it's just like, not really fitting for the rest of the song to me and I wish it started with instrumental or Lana, still love the song

Spoiler

I had the same experience omg Sweet is an instant clicker there is nothing to dislike about it. Fingertips takes at least two listens and to have a page with the lyrics next to you (ESPECIALLY if english is not ur first language and struggle to understand some words at first like me). when I listened to The Grants I had my expectations way too high from BOZ and Kintsugi comments so I kind of hated it… but as you I just listened to it when they announced it as a single and… the vocals are impressive and resemble songs like Terrence, the chorus girls served as usual and the instrumental is so gorgeous and fills the lyrics so well… the only problem I could recognize is the intro but I guess you can just get used to it, especially when the full thing comes out

and also for giving me Margaret

Spoiler

I think I'm definitely in the minority for saying TG>OB. OB is such a beautiful song but I don't find myself re-listening to it as much as I do A&W. The pre-chorus in TG sounds so angelic and is probably so far* my favourite thing on the album from what we've heard.