Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

Well that's the point, it's good in The Grants dunno what's the sudden hate if one take songs and raw vocals but it could be just me

I actually don’t even think the grants vocals were one take… 

Spoiler

That’s much more prominent on sweet and fingertips

But i was just trying to say that vocal mixing and vocal style aren’t nitpicky things, it’s a very important part of how a song sounds. But I’m not sure where people are hearing one-take vocals from in The Grants! I’m not a fan of that style and I think her voice sounds gorg.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"its a beautiful life remember that too for me" is one of those soft reassuring lines like "don't worry baby" in love or "its never too late baby so don't give up" in chemtrails over the country ckub that brings a tear to my eyes as if lana's leaning on my back saying "come on baby you can thrive"

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

10 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

Are we srsly ranting about vocal mixing of the song? I swear some of her fans nitpick the most random things in her songs to then end up not liking them lmao

:twirls:

I mean yeah, discussing the sonic and aural elements and characteristics of a recorded piece of music lol…literally what else would we discuss if not the recorded music

1 minute ago, Mer said:

I have a feeling this album will sound even better on vinyl, since the sound is usually warmer and a bit darker (depending on your cartridge and speakers); so I’m really looking forward to that. I hope the Amazon pressing is good quality; I’m thinking the black pressing may sound the best though. 

Agreed, hopefully it is not as loaded with surface noise as her last two albums :toofunny:

Hopefully at least one of my four variants I bought will be static free (won’t be the picture disc). I have quite a warm setup (Grado cart). I am really looking forward to many nights spinning this album :true:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

i’m thinking of saying “Fuck it” and playing sweet since it’s right there in between DYK & A&W:trisha:

im trying so hard….

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

I have a feeling this album will sound even better on vinyl, since the sound is usually warmer and a bit darker (depending on your cartridge and speakers); so I’m really looking forward to that. I hope the Amazon pressing is good quality; I’m thinking the black pressing may sound the best though. 

colored records are just as good as black ones in general. the only bad variants are always the picture discs and the glow in the dark ones.

1 minute ago, blackestday89 said:

How can everybody be so silent knowing three of her best songs are coming to us.

Taco truck-fishtails- peppers

:godlaugh:

I love that she’s ending the album on something upbeat… but I have this feeling that Taco Truck is going to be upbeat in the way Get Free is, I think it’s going to feel very bittersweet and make me cry even if it is lowkey a bop:xcry:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, keps2013 said:

i’m thinking of saying “Fuck it” and playing sweet since it’s right there in between DYK & A&W:trisha:

im trying so hard….

come on everyones doing it do itttttttttt

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I actually don’t even think the grants vocals were one take… 

Hide contents

That’s much more prominent on sweet and fingertips

But i was just trying to say that vocal mixing and vocal style aren’t nitpicky things, it’s a very important part of how a song sounds. But I’m not sure where people are hearing one-take vocals from in The Grants! I’m not a fan of that style and I think her voice sounds gorg.

It's gorgeous in my opinion too, that's why a found it odd that some didn't like it in the first place 

Spoiler

Excited for fingertips and her vocals there since I love her one take deliveries :toofloppy:

fish-tail-6662566.jpg

h0718g1620725736012.jpg

aretha-franklin-wig.gif

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

3 minutes ago, gaylien said:

come on everyones doing it do itttttttttt

fuck it. 

ima do it & play them in order :icant:

wish me luck

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

6 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

How can everybody be so silent knowing three of her best songs are coming to us.

Taco truck-fishtails- peppers

:godlaugh:

Will be her best track run 

2 minutes ago, nectarofthegodss said:

It's gorgeous in my opinion too, that's why a found it odd that some didn't like it in the first place 

Hide contents

Excited for fingertips and her vocals there since I love her one take deliveries :toofloppy:

Spoiler

fingertips is an absolute masterpiece, you won’t be disappointed. the poetry seems to come so naturally to her it doesn’t even feel one take.

Just now, taco truck said:

The instrumentation in Ocean Blvd is so intricate and full it’s aging soooo good omg:hair:

So far every track I’ve heard has that signature Lana lushness to it and you can tell she was really involved with the production. It just sweeps and swirls around you. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 hour ago, ByDayAnother said:

I mean yeah, discussing the sonic and aural elements and characteristics of a recorded piece of music lol…literally what else would we discuss if not the recorded music

Of course. To me, so far, it sounds, as I have said, like there was a pillow over the mic. Maybe that’s the effect she wanted. I don’t find that effect interesting myself.