Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

How do you guys know so much about music like mixing and stuff😭😭😭😭

Spoiler

To the person that said here that it’s clear that lana recorded fingertips on her phone: now I can notice that and I HATE you for making it so clear.

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/users/singles/2023/

a&w and the grants sitting pretty at #1 and #2

nene-walking-with-bag-nene-leakes.gif

everybody make accounts to rate The Grants 5 stars :beyonce:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, pehhg said:

wait what is local time sorry 😭😭😭

local time is when albums release whenever it hits midnight in your country. so we could get the album earliest on thursday at 7 am because it’ll be midnight in new zealand if that makes sense

so first post on Lanaboards after lurking this pre-release and it's absolute feels-shit so under a spoiler to not be annoying it goes lol 

Spoiler

I just played The Grants for my (religious) boyfriend for the first time and afterwards he said the song is beautiful. And then, because he's largely deaf, I read the lyrics to him and half way through I'm like choking up and then he's like 'I'm gonna take you with me' and I am DESTROYED this song is fucking beautiful oh my god :crying4:
Having a real; 'look how much we've all grown and how far we've come since BTD' moment right now. I can't wait for this album :wub:

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I love The Grants, but I also understand the critiques about it. It really could have gone harder for what the name of the song is, or at least have another verse put in or something.

i definitely agree. as much as i adore this track (it’s literally top 5 lana album openers for me idc), it really could’ve benefited from having a bridge with some added instruments like drums, kind of similar to the bridge of honeymoon. and then having the final chorus after with the grand instrumentals and the background singers would’ve just been the icing on the cake.

b2358771937a448cffde372325aa52ea.gif

it escapes from my hands into moonlight . . .

5 minutes ago, The Grants said:

when I say AKA and HM are her most experimental albums…

HM is a really weird abbreviation for Lust For Life 

Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes

:justride:

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

everybody make accounts to rate The Grants 5 stars :beyonce:

done and done :smile3:

the way this song is about her own family and she still managed to make it relatable and special to so many people :lange:

12 minutes ago, American Whore said:

I'm gonna be that person. I like how The Grants sounds, but if she were going to name a song that, I kind of really wanted something a little heavier on the instrumentals and even more cinematic. This song sounds very churchy and is still a visual song... I like it, it's fine, I don't mind churchy but it's not my favorite opener, NFR or White Dress or Cruel World or Honeymoon still are above it for me, but I also think a song titled The Grants could've went further or did more. Lyrically, this track is kind of repetitive and doesn't really go anywhere so it'll be a skip for me after my initial full album listen. It just doesn't do a lot for me. It's there, it's cute, but meh.  

I'm just glad it's available now to stream, I didn't download the leaks when that happened so I only listened maybe twice before today. I still feel the same way I did when it leaked -- cute but meh, could do without it generally. Maybe it'll hit different with time once I've listened a few more times or once I've heard the full album 

It’s a nice little track but it sort of gives off a feeling that is was written and produced for Lana herself, primarily, rather than for an audience or wide audience or public.   

Thus, I call it sleepy. 

5 minutes ago, mostexoticflwr said:

i definitely agree. as much as i adore this track (it’s literally top 5 lana album openers for me idc), it really could’ve benefited from having a bridge with some added instruments like drums, kind of similar to the bridge of honeymoon. and then having the final chorus after with the grand instrumentals and the background singers would’ve just been the icing on the cake.

Yup. It needed more contrast in terms of the music and vocals, even if low key. ‘Hope’ was low key, but also full of musical contrasts. And the production was crisper and clearer. 

2 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Jimmy, you should switch it up

Maybe light it up ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Jimmy, if u leave the house

Find me in the club, like

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

27 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

It’s a nice little track but it sort of gives off a feeling that is was written and produced for Lana herself, primarily, rather than for an audience or wide audience or public.   

this, I call it sleepy. 

I like it! But as someone’s mom said: “it’s a lana del rey song”.

I really love her talking about her gramma and her niece– it is really precious and cute! and it really is nice to see how she sees herself in the family: as someone who have to take care/save them. It’s a beautiful Lana’s trait that we have not seen before.

In more “objective” lens the lyrics are kinda repetitive.

i recognize the backing vocals ability in the beginning of the song (and it really does make it possible for this song being distinguished from any other) but the instrumental isn’t that magnific– I don’t think it’s bad nor good – we could have something better

this song have it’s ups and downs, i’d rate it like a 7 maybe, while A&W is 9.5 and DYKTTATUOB is 8.5

*please dont bash me, it’s just an opinion and not the ultimate truth about lana’s music

15 minutes ago, Bare Feet Under Blue Sky said:

so first post on Lanaboards after lurking this pre-release and it's absolute feels-shit so under a spoiler to not be annoying it goes lol 

Hide contents

I just played The Grants for my (religious) boyfriend for the first time and afterwards he said the song is beautiful. And then, because he's largely deaf, I read the lyrics to him and half way through I'm like choking up and then he's like 'I'm gonna take you with me' and I am DESTROYED this song is fucking beautiful oh my god :crying4:
Having a real; 'look how much we've all grown and how far we've come since BTD' moment right now. I can't wait for this album :wub:

This story and @Kiki de Montparnasse’s story solidify why The Grants has reached my #1 opener spot— the dialogue becomes less about us as individuals and more about us as a collective, an introspective unity that arises from questions of legacy and self-reflection

ananavarro.jpg