Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

It's a beautiful life :hair:

Remember that too for me :hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

giphy.gif

The Grants is boring. Just like the title track. 

So far, American Whore is the only good track

I'm honestly thinking of listening to the new album on Spotify and choose which song I like and buy the song off Amazon MP3 store. I know there's people here who are all about physical collection as I always buy Lana's music on CD's, but Lana is no longer an artist I feel that's worth buying a physical copy of an album. For one, she doesn't put the lyrics in the album art like most artist do. And I mean ALL THE LYRICS not just partial lyrics or lyrics to one song. Like print all the lyrics so people can have it and don't have to run to Google to find lyrics that is usually written wrong. Aside from AW,  these 2 songs are dreadfully boring. 

Since we know she's not adding any lyrics in the booklet for this album, two out of the 3 songs released are the same boring sound she's repeating from Chem and BB, I'm not buying a physical copy of her music anymore. 

So far, I will be purchasing AW on Amazon. Will wait for the full album release and listen to the rest on Spotify to see what song I buy. 

That's just me. Maybe I am growing out of Lana's music? Maybe I'm bored of her? 

I mean it’s very possible you have grown out of her music, and if you have that’s totally fine and normal because as humans we’re always changing and our tastes change vastly. Maybe you’ll gain an appreciation for the tracks or maybe not! But I’m sure there will be songs on the record that pull you back in to the Lana vortex. 

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I find the title track boring, clumsy,  and a little forced. ‘The Grants’ is pretty but sleepy. I’m not 100% that there’s going be anything with much of a pulse on OC except Jimmy Jimmy Poco Puffs, but I hope there will be.

you’ll like let the light in, fishtail, peppers, and taco truck, don’t worry; those all have a pulse. maybe margaret and grandfather too. keep your head up :)

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

People are entitled not to like this song or this sound for Lana. 

I personally find the song to be beautiful as it is, love the production, love the use of the different instruments, the sound effects and the intro. :oprah3:

But acting like it's her best opener? It's giving recency bias. Ask again in three to six months and you'll have a different feedback in the post-release and "Unpopular Lana opinions" threads. :ma:

15 minutes ago, JonBatisteInterlude said:
  Hide contents

My boyfriend tested positive for Covid, it don’t matter, we’ve been kissing, so whatever:nails::oprah4::hair::azealia::makeup2:

Spoiler

where is this from pls it sounds so unreal 

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, The Grants said:
  Hide contents

where is this from pls it sounds so unreal 

Spoiler

peppers

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Spoiler

just heard it and I really wish I didn’t cause imagine randomly listening to that line on release date :lange: anyways she slayed so hard I think I already have a favorite from the album or at least a more anticipated

and also for giving me Margaret

My only complaint about The Grants is that I prefer the melody of the last part of the chorus from the intro which is slightly different (which makes total sense since those were the backing vocals/harmonies).

It's a really pretty and straightforward song and it rolls soooo good into the title track so it's a perfect intro for me :flutter: but I get why some people are not that excited about it, specially as a stand alone track

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

giphy.gif

The Grants is boring. Just like the title track. 

So far, American Whore is the only good track

I'm honestly thinking of listening to the new album on Spotify and choose which song I like and buy the song off Amazon MP3 store. I know there's people here who are all about physical collection as I always buy Lana's music on CD's, but Lana is no longer an artist I feel that's worth buying a physical copy of an album. For one, she doesn't put the lyrics in the album art like most artist do. And I mean ALL THE LYRICS not just partial lyrics or lyrics to one song. Like print all the lyrics so people can have it and don't have to run to Google to find lyrics that is usually written wrong. Aside from AW,  these 2 songs are dreadfully boring. 

Since we know she's not adding any lyrics in the booklet for this album, two out of the 3 songs released are the same boring sound she's repeating from Chem and BB, I'm not buying a physical copy of her music anymore. 

So far, I will be purchasing AW on Amazon. Will wait for the full album release and listen to the rest on Spotify to see what song I buy. 

That's just me. Maybe I am growing out of Lana's music? Maybe I'm bored of her? 

Agree. 

Also I felt the same way about growing out of her but this album (so far) compared to everything else she's released in the past are significantly different so I'd say this era is just not ur vibe and not that ur growing out of her

Spoiler

peppers is sounding right up my alley though so this feeling will hopefully change

Lana will be joining Taylor swift this Friday at the first show of the eras tour, maybe that's the surprise