Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

37 minutes ago, road1029384756 said:

Agree. 

Also I felt the same way about growing out of her but this album (so far) compared to everything else she's released in the past are significantly different so I'd say this era is just not ur vibe and not that ur growing out of her

Hide contents

peppers is sounding right up my alley though so this feeling will hopefully change

Lets see what the rest of the album has to offer. :true:

Just now, drippingbeaches said:

Does the grants make anyone else depressed? I love it though

I still can’t process my feelings for it. It makes me happy and hopeful but also I cry sometimes lololol

Just now, imaginist said:

I still can’t process my feelings for it. It makes me happy and hopeful but also I cry sometimes lololol

it feels like a catharsis to me. very much a mixture of grief and growth. it feels renewing.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

it feels like a catharsis to me. very much a mixture of grief and growth. it feels renewing.

Yes exactly! It’s such a perfect opener. It literally sounds and feels like a huge deep breath of fresh air before the album gets down into the deep shit (and bops :hooker:)

edit: also just remembered she starts the title track with a literal deep breath lmao whatever

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

I find the title track boring, clumsy,  and a little forced. ‘The Grants’ is pretty but sleepy. I’m not 100% that there’s going be anything with much of a pulse on OC except Jimmy Jimmy Poco Puffs, but I hope there will be.

I hope so too because if the rest of the songs is the same ballady stuff from the last two albums, I'm done. AW showed promise in exploring a different more uplifting sound. The begining is so beautiful and powerful, then it's gets better with the coco puff part. :smokes:

I'm thinking I'm too old and outgrowing Lana, but I just got Paramore latest album and I love every song in it, so maybe I'm not too old? Maybe I'm just bored of Lana and the same ballad type songs she keeps doing. :twirls:

8 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

For those wanting electric guitar on The Grants (he has a ton of Lana videos)

https://www.tiktok.com/@mistabohmbastic/video/7210502265763925290

My ears perked up. :quote:

1 minute ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I hope so too because if the rest of the songs is the same ballady stuff from the last two albums, I'm done. AW showed promise in exploring a different more uplifting sound. The begining is so beautiful and powerful, then it's gets better with the coco puff part. :smokes:

I'm thinking I'm too old and outgrowing Lana, but I just got Paramore latest album and I love every song in it, so maybe I'm not too old? Maybe I'm just bored of Lana and the same ballad type songs she keeps doing. :twirls:

Well I will say, I think you’ll really enjoy the last 3 tracks of this album based on how the snippets have been sounding. I understand the ballads can get old for most people, but at least they’re starting to sound more lush again like back in the day 

I caved and listened to Peppers LQ…

Spoiler

WTF? y’all this might be my favorite thing she’s done in years. She’s having FUN and it’s experimental. Not in a “oh there’s a lil trap beat yasss Lana” way like I wouldn’t even call it “trap” :rip: y’all hear a hi hat and snare and go “omg trap queen” istg. This song is a psychedelic pop masterpiece. The Tommy sample really makes it too. It’s SO 90s

everyone join hands we are forming a Peppers.mp3 summoning circle! :beyonce:

to begin you must grab (one) piece of LDR merch from around your house & a scented candle & spritz your favourite perfume. Everyone place their candles in the shape of a circle, with your LDR merch in the centre. I will light the candles and we will begin reciting Brooklyn Baby as we hold hands in order to bring Peppers.mp3 to fruition. Thankyou !

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

this week on the Lanaboards schedule:

today: peppers summoning circle

tomorrow: sacrificing babies for fishtail.mp3

friday: blood ritual for taco truck

Saturday-Sunday: 48 hour sleep deprivation seance for paris texas

everyone make sure you are available for the rest of the week you do not want to miss the shenanigans !

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

it’s insane how much her vocals have improved. not to say that she wasn’t a great singer before because she was but she’s genuinely become one of the best singers in the industry like not many can keep up and hold their own with whitney houston’s and michael jackson’s background singers 

whQ2lGc.jpg

praying for a smooth album release experience next week because both lanaboards and that site have descended into chaos :crai:

Just in case the album or more songs leak before release date, I wanna quote my first ever post on here and compare with today. 

On 1/24/2023 at 8:22 PM, ivory almond said:

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I've been stalking this site for about a month... Anyway, here's my prediction ranking for ocean blvd (and what color I associate each one with).

1. Kintsugi
2. Fingertips
3. Candy Necklace
4. Sweet
5. A&W
6. Fishtail
7. The Grants

8. Margaret
9. Taco Truck x VB

10. DYKTTATUOB
11. GPSOTSOMFWHDSF
12. Paris, Texas
13. Let The Light In
14. Peppers

Mods pls don't move this to the designated thread, ik im being annoying but this was my first post on LB, so it's special, now here is my final ranking and colors prediction:

1. Kintsugi — 10/10

2. Candy Necklace — 9.5/10
3. Fishtail — 9.5/10

4. Peppers / Sweet (tie) — 9/10

5. A&W / Let The Light In / Taco Truck (tie) — 8.5/10

7. Fingertips / Paris, Texas (tie) — 8.5/10

8. Margaret / Grandfather (tie) — 8/10
9. DYKTTATUOB — 8/10
10. The Grants — 7.5/10

11. Jon Interlude
12. Judah Interlude

I feel like because this album is so diverse, it's hard to rank because each song has its own thing

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

so I cried for/with tunnel. didn't w A&W, but cried again on the grants. so beautiful. she's singing about that generational trauma n tid tid tidbit on how tunnel sorta mentioned not to be forgotten, it completely built on the theme of rebirth. connected w sweet carolina from BB, to the Grants, it's like a beautiful, meaningful portrait of a world and sound. 

UV/Honeymoon