Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, lanita said:

praying for a smooth album release experience next week because both lanaboards and that site have descended into chaos :crai:

Now lets be realistic here... :xgiggle:

This is the only pre-album cycle that we haven't been given an accompanying music video for any pre-album singles and/or trailer. 

Unusual... but given the insider information around a "surprise" that finally does it right by fans, I suspect (and want) it to be something highly visual like a series of music videos or short film

The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

6 minutes ago, Fever said:

so I cried for/with tunnel. didn't w A&W, but cried again on the grants. so beautiful. she's singing about that generational trauma n tid tid tidbit on how tunnel sorta mentioned not to be forgotten, it completely built on the theme of rebirth. connected w sweet carolina from BB, to the Grants, it's like a beautiful, meaningful portrait of a world and sound. 

Interestingly, I only cried for A&W. I very rarely cry to anything but it really caught me off guard. Just how brutally candid it was hit me like a truck. I didn’t expect something so sonically haunting and beautiful. I love how we all have different emotional reactions :wub:

22 minutes ago, White Dress said:

Interestingly, I only cried for A&W. I very rarely cry to anything but it really caught me off guard. Just how brutally candid it was hit me like a truck. I didn’t expect something so sonically haunting and beautiful. I love how we all have different emotional reactions :wub:

I was too busy shimmy shimmy coco boppin, but there's a heavier meaning to it defo maybe later idk. parts of the verses sound so melodically like a vampiric violin 

UV/Honeymoon

gonna ramble a bit here on the grants so just ignore and scroll pass if you don’t want to read long scattered thoughts.

there is so much depth to this song oh my god it’s unbelievable. there aren’t a lot of lyrics here but the lyrics that are present convey so much meaning and so succinctly and perfectly that honestly i think any more lyrics would just muddy it. i know a lot of people don’t like it when she sings about her family and to a certain extent i get it! but i personally love it like i maybe i’m just uncultured but i don’t know any singer who touches on topics like overcoming familial and generational trauma like lana does (i guess bjork does it a little in songs like quicksand and ancestress but not as in depth as lana does). it’s so beautiful and inspiring and i really relate to it as someone overcoming my own “karmic lineage” and just trying to be a better person. trauma in a person looks like personality; trauma decontextualized in a family looks like family traits. like there’s literal proof that trauma passes down your bloodline and i’m trying really hard to heal so i don’t pass it down to my family and maybe i’m just being silly but it’s so cool to see someone like lana talk about it openly like it’s just such a brave thing to do idk.

ok ramble over sorry for cluttering this thread oops

2 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

giphy.gif

The Grants is boring. Just like the title track. 

So far, American Whore is the only good track

I'm honestly thinking of listening to the new album on Spotify and choose which song I like and buy the song off Amazon MP3 store. I know there's people here who are all about physical collection as I always buy Lana's music on CD's, but Lana is no longer an artist I feel that's worth buying a physical copy of an album. For one, she doesn't put the lyrics in the album art like most artist do. And I mean ALL THE LYRICS not just partial lyrics or lyrics to one song. Like print all the lyrics so people can have it and don't have to run to Google to find lyrics that is usually written wrong. Aside from AW,  these 2 songs are dreadfully boring. 

Since we know she's not adding any lyrics in the booklet for this album, two out of the 3 songs released are the same boring sound she's repeating from Chem and BB, I'm not buying a physical copy of her music anymore. 

So far, I will be purchasing AW on Amazon. Will wait for the full album release and listen to the rest on Spotify to see what song I buy. 

That's just me. Maybe I am growing out of Lana's music? Maybe I'm bored of her? 

The Rose McGowan gif really set the tone for your post :pls: On a more serious note, I definitely disagree but it’s your taste/opinion xx

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

The way Lana really ended BB with Sweet Carolina and it sets the tone for The Grants (I’m not sure if everyone will agree with that, but I see it for sure). Then The Grants flows nicely into DYKTATUOB. I can’t wait to see the whole album being tied together, track after track :flutter:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

giphy.gif

I'm honestly thinking of listening to the new album on Spotify and choose which song I like and buy the song off Amazon MP3 store. I know there's people here who are all about physical collection as I always buy Lana's music on CD's, but Lana is no longer an artist I feel that's worth buying a physical copy of an album. For one, she doesn't put the lyrics in the album art like most artist do. And I mean ALL THE LYRICS not just partial lyrics or lyrics to one song. Like print all the lyrics so people can have it and don't have to run to Google to find lyrics that is usually written wrong. Aside from AW,  these 2 songs are dreadfully boring. 

Since we know she's not adding any lyrics in the booklet for this album, two out of the 3 songs released are the same boring sound she's repeating from Chem and BB, I'm not buying a physical copy of her music anymore. 

So far, I will be purchasing AW on Amazon. Will wait for the full album release and listen to the rest on Spotify to see what song I buy. 

I don’t think you are outgrowing Lana’s music because you are still here. You just aren’t GROWING with her music but it’s okay you will get there eventually! 

So, did dome of you girlies received the vinyl or cd already? I saw that the delivery from Best Buy could be by yesterday or today, but saw no one talking about it.

It’s unbelievable that so close to the release this album hasn’t leaked in its entirety. 
At the beginning of March I had high hopes that it would leak, but now they are very low - actually it seems quite unlikely this is going to leak (at least not til the 23th when it gets officially released in NZ)

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

With respect but... honestly I can't wait for all the 'haters' (I know it's just your opinion but talking about these bitchy/aggressive ones) to switch when they actually listen to the whole album :air2:

Just wait for the rest so your opinion can be constructive at least 💀 

35 minutes ago, White Dress said:

12 minutes ago, Fever said:

I was too busy shimmy shimmy coco boppin, but there's a heavier meaning to it defo maybe later idk. parts of the verses sound so melodically like a vampiric violin 

Lmfaoooo. I personally adore the duality of people reacting very differently to the same things in life, especially music. I love it! Sort of like when her wispy voice in White Dress blew me away, and then I saw a comment about someone talking about how the wispiness traumatized them 🤣. Really looking forward to even the reception reaction of Ocean Blvd and hopefully less fighting over differing opinions.

Let people have their fun! :heart:

7 minutes ago, Venice said:

Lmfaoooo. I personally adore the duality of people reacting very differently to the same things in life, especially music. I love it! Sort of like when her wispy voice in White Dress blew me away, and then I saw a comment about someone talking about how the wispiness traumatized them 🤣. Really looking forward to even the reception reaction of Ocean Blvd and hopefully less fighting over differing opinions.

Let people have their fun! :heart:

this comment if it were a person 

UV/Honeymoon

3 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

giphy.gif

Omg i cant admit it to myself yet 😭

You're right! 

I didnt even listen leaks, and i always do that...

I need sexy, depressed, hot songs

Lana is still my no1, but i dont really feel her anymore. Last time it was (so hard, but i'am) with lfl. I like songs on album after that, but... 

LANA, GIVE US WHAT WE WANT

ngl I am not really here for the non-bops except for when they are occasionally hard hitting (heroin, old money, hope, etc) but the songs have been pretty good so far.
I thought sweet was a bit boring, the grants is nice but not my thing, but I loved a&w and the title track. And the snippets we've heard from peppers, Paris, taco truck & fishtail make me feel vvvv hopeful that we're going to get an incredible album. At the very least, theres going to be 4-5 bops minimum. which is a win for lanaboards, a win for gays all around the world

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

58 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

The way Lana really ended BB with Sweet Carolina and it sets the tone for The Grants (I’m not sure if everyone will agree with that, but I see it for sure). Then The Grants flows nicely into DYKTATUOB. I can’t wait to see the whole album being tied together, track after track :flutter:

yessss almost like the get free/norman moment:cryney2:

i just love the way she chains together her bodies of work like that, not just inside of each album, but the whole discography. it's all linked in one way or another :legend:

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

I hope so too because if the rest of the songs is the same ballady stuff from the last two albums, I'm done. AW showed promise in exploring a different more uplifting sound. The begining is so beautiful and powerful, then it's gets better with the coco puff part. :smokes:

I'm thinking I'm too old and outgrowing Lana, but I just got Paramore latest album and I love every song in it, so maybe I'm not too old? Maybe I'm just bored of Lana and the same ballad type songs she keeps doing. :twirls:

My ears perked up. :quote:

it's not you who's outgrowing Lana, it's Lana who's outgrowing you because you missed to accept her change of style