Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

if you don’t want to be spoiled of anything about the song, then don’t open the spoiler tag…

Hide contents

I heard some short snippets of the songs to come and Kintsugi’s was very short and was perhaps the one I wasn’t as curious to hear to rest, compared  to the rest that are all :oprah2:  Piano, beautiful lyrics but the line delivered didn’t suck me in instantly.

but it was like 15 seconds so I probably will be eating my words once the album is out.

Spoiler

that's the entire song i'm afraid, doesn't really grow into anything else. the lyrics are absolutely beautiful, but lazy production and melody for 6 and a half minutes. SKIP! 

Just now, Jeanne Dielman said:

Not when @Kintsugi @Brightsun @fl0r1dakil0s and Rosemead all loved it. :blush3:

That's true. If I recall correctly, @fl0r1dakil0s rated it pretty low as well, so it seems like a love it or hate it sort of track. (Kinda like Fingertips, I guess. :blush3:)

1 minute ago, 111 said:

Hide contents

that's the entire song i'm afraid, doesn't really grow into anything else. the lyrics are absolutely beautiful, but lazy production and melody for 6 and a half minutes. SKIP! 

Spoiler

Oh.  Who produced it? Do we know?

25 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

That's true. If I recall correctly, @fl0r1dakil0s rated it pretty low as well, so it seems like a love it or hate it sort of track. (Kinda like Fingertips, I guess. :blush3:)

A couple of days ago he said that the song has grown on him a lot, ranked it #7 and that the melody is absolutely gorgeous (and basically that it's the more melodic sister of Fingertips). But, yeah, both this and Fingertips will be very divisive! Margaret, the interludes and poor Sweet as well. At this point, The Grants, too. I'm here for the messy rankings when the album is released. :sass:

i was reading from the page 2700 and saw people sharing their stories and initial experience with the grants thought i would post it here too.

Spoiler

i am not the closest w my parents, i don't think we share that strong of a bond bcs of my certain childhood problems. but i love my sister for death, i could say she is the single most valuable thing i have in my life and that'd be an understatement. we were sitting in my room when the song premiered on the radio, althought i have listened to the leaks before this time the song hit a way more different. i got excited and started to read out the lyrics to my sister and when i came to the last part where she goes "my sister's firstborn child, my grandmother's last smile" i caught up in tears because right before the song premiere we were talking about how i feel like i'll never marry and have children and my sister was like "you should have children, who else will i talk about your embarrassing stories to" and then the grandmother line hits extra different because generally, my grandma from the father side who lives with us always cause problems w my mom and dad but she has always always been nice to me and during my childhood she told me that various times if she had the chance she'd take me with her and keep me away from my parents for my own sake. but it was the last line that made me burst into tears, as i was remembering all the tragic moments from my past and all my anxieties about future with the previous lines, lana says "it's a beautiful life, remember that too for me" and i just started crying uncontrollably. then my sister throws me the most condescending stare and tells me "you're so dumb" and then hugs me, that's her way of telling me she loves me. honestly not only this song but the whole album is so special to me because of small things like this. it really is a beautiful life

it's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me

1 minute ago, That Venice Bitch said:
  Hide contents

Fingertips is Lana’s best written song. Hope Is a Dangerous Thing held that title for me for a while but I have now accepted that Fingertips is supreme :legend::legend::legend:

Spoiler

Absolutely i’ve had it looping non stop it’s gorgeous :lange:

3 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:
  Hide contents

Fingertips is Lana’s best written song. Hope Is a Dangerous Thing held that title for me for a while but I have now accepted that Fingertips is supreme :legend::legend::legend:

Ooo, that's high praise! I refuse to listen to any leaks so I'm very excited to hear that song. Till then, Hope is still Lana's poetic peak for me.

11 minutes ago, revadece said:

probably unpopular opinion, but out of the singles title track is still my favourite one

Sameee it’s so comforting 

48 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

Not when  and Rosemead all loved it. :blush3:

Spoiler

it's One of the album's best songs, Kintsugi is extremely depressing.

you just need to give it few listens for the melody to grow on you and you understand the meaning  behind it