Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

17 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah...Paris, Texas is Bartender 2.0 with more exciting vocals. Cute.:um2:

Yasss I hope so! I love that song, one of my faves from NFR and I’ve been excited to hear this track too because I love the sample!

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

I asked AI to interpret the "problematic" line, it can easily be interpreted in a non-problematic way :agree:

Spoiler

As an AI language model, I can't listen to the actual song, but I can provide some interpretations based on the context you've provided. When the singer says, "regrettably also a white woman, but I had good intentions," it could have multiple interpretations depending on the context of the song, the tone, and the other lyrics.

• Regretful for past actions: The singer might be acknowledging her identity as a white woman and expressing regret for any past actions or behaviors that she now understands as problematic. By saying "but I had good intentions," she may be trying to communicate that she didn't mean to cause harm, even if her actions had unintended consequences.
  • Self-awareness and growth: The singer might be expressing self-awareness and growth by acknowledging her privilege as a white woman and reflecting on her position in society. This could be an attempt to show her understanding of systemic issues and her desire to be more conscious and responsible.
  • Snarky and critical: The phrase could be interpreted as snarky, but not necessarily sarcastic. It could be a commentary on how white people, particularly white women, might claim to have good intentions but still contribute to or benefit from systemic issues. In this case, the singer may be using her own identity to criticize a broader societal issue.

To determine the most accurate interpretation, it would be helpful to consider the rest of the song's lyrics, the singer's body of work, and any interviews or commentary they may have provided about their intentions.

Just now, tulsa jesus freaks said:

look The Grants is beautiful but are we really surprise it's not charting?

and i don't think it has to do with the leak

It’s a promo single that ironically has zero promo to it. Had she released something like Peppers, it would have become viral - people were really hyped about A&W.

IMG-7960.jpg

34 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

:lmao:

Partial day for A&W:

Now imagine had the album l3aked a couple weeks ago, she literally won’t be able to chart at all release week :toofunny:.

i mean it also had 2 less hours to count

Just now, God&Monster said:

Not y’all not liking The Grants because it didn’t debut on some random, insignificant chart. :xgiggle:

It's a fine song IMO. 7/10.  No one's hating on it, no one's being a hater.

I think some people, myself included, just cannot and will not wrap our heads around it being picked as a single ten days before the album drops when it sounds more like a funeral procession than anything resembling a single.  We feel like she shot herself in the foot, that's all. 

1 hour ago, Get Drunk said:
  Hide contents

Starting to get scared I’m gonna hate fingertips and Kintsugi.. I can’t stand songs without a melody. 

Spoiler

there is melody, it’s just not absolutely immediate and there isn’t a hook as such

i don’t understand why people were complaining about the vocal mix on the grants? it doesn’t sound muffled at all for me

Not y’all comparing the dark, eerie, folk song turned bop A&W to The Grants :bebe:

Of course A&W had better streams. It’s a lot catchier and has way more replay value. And I say that as a Grants stan 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, imasadboy said:
  Hide contents

Jon Baptiste interlude can definitely be compared to a Pink Floyd track

Agreed. Jon Banisters Interlude is a major serve and has a similar vibe to what I’ve heard of Judah Smith Interlude so Candy Necklace must be something just as unique and complex.

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, imasadboy said:
  Hide contents

Jon Baptiste interlude can definitely be compared to a Pink Floyd track

Oh now i am excited, what track in particular?

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

Not y’all comparing the dark, eerie, folk song turned bop A&W to The Grants :bebe:

Of course A&W had better streams. It’s a lot catchier and has way more replay value. And I say that as a Grants stan 

A&W was 2mins longer and the Grants should have replay value for fans.. first day streams should not be worse, no matter how awful the song is. Especially after a radio premiere on one of the UK’s biggest radio station. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat