Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

11 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

maybe the surprise was actually BOZ gets arrested

Let's review the clues he gave us...

• “personally I’m happy as fuck”
    • Weird, but ok.
  • "I jumped when I learnt the news so let's get the hype going!"
    • Valid response to jail time, just not getting the hype.
  • "The album is not surprise dropping tonight and none of y'all are guessing it right, just wait" 
    • Literally nobody guessed it.
  • "there is no surprise second album, or any new music project coming already" "No, this is something not related to any Ocean album tracks"
    • Maybe not from Lana, but maybe Boz gets his Johnny Cash live at Folsom Prison moment.
  • ""But for once, they are doing something right, for the fans"
    • Ok, you're wrong for it, but i see where some of you would strongly agree here.

I didn't want to believe it, but....:smile2:

8 minutes ago, paradiso said:

all the writing and arguing over a song about her family... okay

I love how people think that it’s about her family (or when people say it’s about love) when in fact it’s about her pov.

like she’s not singing about caroline or her brother or her dad, she’s singing about how she builds her relationship with the world– and her family members, ex-boyfriends, friends, nemesis, fame and culture are all a part of it. She’s talking about her relationship with the Big Other

2 hours ago, Get Drunk said:

Proof that leaks kinda do matter tbh.. 

i actually think it’s the quality of the song. People actually talked about A&W cause it was new and refreshing. It was her highest charting original solo song on the BB Hot 100 since Love. It’s not just the leaks, A&W was just something more people wanted to listen to.

Unfortunately I did not read the lyrics to The Grants before changing my username :slayty: Regardless, I'm obsessed and think this is the perfect intro to the album. DYKTATUOB feels like an eerie musical about Lana's life (where she's been, where she's going and how she got here) and I can't wait to listen in full next week:hype: This just feels different from COCC and especially BB releases to me, personally. The cinematic elements are back:makeup2:

Tumblr

How do you guys interpret the line, "So you say there's a chance for us" ?

I feel that it could be about a partner she's making amends with or it could be more than that. More like saying, "So you think there's a chance for us (everyone in general) to all be happy, to have & love each other forever" sort of thing??

Idk what are yalls thoughts :flutter:

unnamed.gif

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

First era since lfl that i like every single and im excited for the album. Maybe a top 3:true:

oh from the title track it was already top 3

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

4 minutes ago, lizzycobain said:

How do you guys interpret the line, "So you say there's a chance for us" ?

I feel that it could be about a partner she's making amends with or it could be more than that. More like saying, "So you think there's a chance for us (everyone in general) to all be happy, to have & love each other forever" sort of thing??

Idk what are yalls thoughts :flutter:

i wanna believe the second one mostly bc i dont want to interpret a lot of her lyrics to be about a man :flutter: …. however the family man lines trips me up

I ordered the pill box as I take a lot of pills. 
I contacted my local record store and he said he’ll have the album in next Friday so I’m not going to stream it that morning. I’ll get up, drive to the store, come home, put the vinyl on and relax. 
It’s a beautiful life, remember that too