Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

9 minutes ago, lizzycobain said:

How do you guys interpret the line, "So you say there's a chance for us" ?

I feel that it could be about a partner she's making amends with or it could be more than that. More like saying, "So you think there's a chance for us (everyone in general) to all be happy, to have & love each other forever" sort of thing??

Idk what are yalls thoughts :flutter:

Actually I was thinking it’s her talking to her family and saying “so you think there’s a chance for us to set the record straight, make amends and reparations, to make it to heaven” which is an interesting thought given that she’s been proactive about learning her family history, uncovering her past, etc and making reparations (e.g. proceeds from Violet). Part of me wonders if she found even more shady shit in her family’s past and she’s trying to rectify it for the sake of her karmic lineage - to give generations to come good karma, a tabula rasa :smile4:

im gonna say something and its gonna be a little deranged but i wanna say it before anyone else does

Spoiler

i think DYKTATUOB was supposed to be the album after NFR... cocc is mainly outtakes from other albums (even its outtakes r outtakes) and blue banisters was made because of the criticism of cocc. and this album feels more like a NFR continuation than the last two albums. this is soooo deranged but pls support me in these hard times

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

Just now, rancidgirl said:

im gonna say something and its gonna be a little deranged but i wanna say it before anyone else does

Hide contents

i think DYKTATUOB was supposed to be the album after NFR... cocc is mainly outtakes from other albums (even its outtakes r outtakes) and blue banisters was made because of the criticism of cocc. and this album feels more like a NFR continuation than the last two albums. this is soooo deranged but pls support me in these hard times

ur right ur right !

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I just don't understand what's so difficult to wrap one's head around the concept that Lana releases music for herself and for music, not to release the biggest "chart smash" or to appease others and that's okay. The fact that she continues to go the less obvious route by releasing The Grants instead of something like Taco Truck should be the most glaring example of that

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, lizzycobain said:

How do you guys interpret the line, "So you say there's a chance for us" ?

I feel that it could be about a partner she's making amends with or it could be more than that. More like saying, "So you think there's a chance for us (everyone in general) to all be happy, to have & love each other forever" sort of thing??

Idk what are yalls thoughts :flutter:

aside from that, i immediately remembered Born To Die, the track's lyrics, trying to take what i could get, scared that i couldn't find all the answers honey, and how the track sorta switches between wanting more life, and wanting more comfort. it's a full circle moment imo

UV/Honeymoon

1 minute ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Actually I was thinking it’s her talking to her family and saying “so you think there’s a chance for us to set the record straight, make amends and reparations, to make it to heaven” which is an interesting thought given that she’s been proactive about learning her family history, uncovering her past, etc and making reparations (e.g. proceeds from Violet). Part of me wonders if she found even more shady shit in her family’s past and she’s trying to rectify it for the sake of her karmic lineage - to give generations to come good karma, a tabula rasa :smile4:

I lovvvve this take. 

I can't wait to hear the rest of the album, I feel like she's telling her personal and familial stories this time. Much more in depth than before ♡

unnamed.gif

5 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Actually I was thinking it’s her talking to her family and saying “so you think there’s a chance for us to set the record straight, make amends and reparations, to make it to heaven” 

:wowcry:

Spoiler

I know they think that it took somebody else to make me beautiful :xcry:

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

2 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

Reveal hidden contents

forgot to add 

Spoiler

even some of the songs that leaks/snippets/singles remind me of nfr like the first half of A&W could fit on nfr and taco truck snip def could be on nfr (ik the ending is supposed to be venice bitch but like still) the grants reminds me a tiny bit of nfr too!!!!

and i don't seem to mind

haven't listened to the title track for almost a month and not planning to do so until the album release. :trisha: bcs I think it'll hit even harder listening to it in the context of the album when I haven't heard it for quite a bit:trisha:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

i've always leaned more towards lana's more poetic and sentimental songs but i've always loved her fun songs too especially when they're still big storytelling songs. that said, even tho i'm most excited for songs like fingertips and kintsugi and grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing, i'm also really looking forward to songs like fishtail & peppers (and especially taco truck since venice bitch is one of my fave lana songs evwr). overall i'm looking forward to hearing everything on thw album. i've enjoyed all the songs released so far and there's nothing i'm dreading listening to. i'm even looking forward to the interludes (i bet they're gonna be such a mood!) i don't know if this will be my favourite lana album, that's kind of hard to judge at this point plus i love all her albums so much i have a hard time ranking them and it changes from day to day, but i'm sure i'll be listening to this record nonstop for at least the next 3 months

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

22 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

Reveal hidden contents

I get what you mean in the sense that this is her first "big" album since then but I also think everything that's come since NFR are important stepping stones to reach this album, I don't think Lana was ready to explore some of the stories that she's telling now. Violet came first and was her first foray into more experimental performance, and then Chemtrails allowed her to wander the countryside aimlessly as she tried to figure out what comes next, and then Blue Banisters had her start digging into her family history. I think all of those experiences were really important for her to reach the point where she can explore her family and her life as a whole in the really theatrical and incisive way we seem to be getting on this album. 

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I get what you mean in a way but I also think everything that's come since NFR are important stepping stones to reach this album, I don't think Lana was ready to explore some of the stories that she's telling now. Violet came first and was her first foray into more experimental performance, and then Chemtrails allowed her to wander the countryside aimlessly as she tried to figure out what comes next, and then Blue Banisters had her start digging into her family history. I think all of those experiences were really important for her to reach the point where she can explore her family and her life as a whole in the really theatrical and incisive way we seem to be getting on this album. 

Agree with this. In the same way “she wasn’t there yet” with Yosemite going on Lust For Life, she had to go through the process of writing COCC and BB to land her in the right place to get to where she is now for this album. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

so i'm kinda gonna say smth a bit personal, but basically, perhaps like some other gays on here, I was raised religious, and of course, that's complex. but when I was younger, we'd sing hymns, and I was being trained to be the lead singer and sang reglarly for the congregation cus they liked my voice. there's definitely a condemnation goin on, and just lots of bigotry etc. but ever since I heard Lana sing, her voice and styling reminded me of how they'd sing at church, and the vastness of what she sings, I think it kinda has this glorious euphoria, and spirituality more recently that feels more loving and enveloping. an unexpected comfort from queen baddie, the range. and also, the lesson that humanity's still got some glimmering beams of hope for not being a total asshole etc. 

w the depth of tunnel, the wiles and heat of aw, and the straighforwardness and courage of the grants, this has honestly been one of the most spiritual and healing album cycles. spiritual or not, i think we all as people have a lot of inner work to do as a people, and it's great to find something to align and relate with, in all shades of awareness. moving humanity forward well. 

UV/Honeymoon

12 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

Hide contents

i don't think so. i know she started working on some songs from chemtrails while still working on norman but i don't think most sre outtakes. the title track & tulsa jesus freak & not all who wander are lost all seem to at least partially be about sean especially with the midwest references and she was still dating chase when norman was released. then breaking up slowly definitely wasn't an outtake since she only become close friends with nikki lane on the norman tour, & same with dance till we die since she only became friends with joan baez on the norman tour too. then the cover of for free she also started performing on the norman tour and didn't perform it with her friends til the hollywood bowl show so i doubt that was an outtake. i'm not aure about the rest of thw songs (i mean i know yosemite was a lust for life outtake but thats the only one i know for sure) but it seems like most of chemtrails was probably written shortly after norman came out. and the current album is cleary written post-blue banisters so even if it feels like the proper follow up to norman, i don't think it was ever supposed to be. i don't feel likw this album would even be what it is without her getting chemtrails and blue banisters out of her system first.if anything she might just have had more opportunities to make this album grander now that the pandemic restrictions are all over with so she can work more in the studio with everyone which she didn't really get to do with her past 2 albums

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

4 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Agree with this. In the same way “she wasn’t there yet” with Yosemite going on Lust For Life, she had to go through the process of writing COCC and BB to land her in the right place to get to where she is now for this album. 

yeah i agree

and i don't seem to mind

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

he becomes less hotter everytime he drags an artist i love

and i don't seem to mind