Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, MJx said:
  Hide contents

as someone who's lost his favorite person because of covid, i wish she didn't include that line in what seems to be one of the more interesting tracks on the album sonically. it's gonna be a weird album listen for me- starting with the sense of grief in the grants, and then a few tracks later her being careless about the reason for my grief

That makes sense. *hugs*

40 minutes ago, lanitataco said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My boyfriend tested positive for COVID
It don’t matter
We’ve been kissing 
So whatever
He has I hav
e I can’t cry

peppers snippet new lyrics :facepalm:

Spoiler

I find it pretty tongue in cheek and actually like it, unlike that no masks line in VFR :smh:. Unless she follows the line with we’ve been shopping / no masks out in public or something like that, it’s just a funny self aware lyric. It is a sensitive topic though so I completely understand why people would have problems with it. But she also doesn’t have the best track record regarding COVID so..

sgopYhV.gif

Spoiler

While mentioning COVID in an otherwise rather unserious song is definitely insensitive, I don't find the lyrics itself problematic. If I would get COVID now in 2023 for the first time I would also say whatever, there's no point in panicking especially if I tried my best to not get infected.

Spoiler

Pretty sure that the lyric of her not caring that she exposes herself and others by extent to Covid is way worse than being happy and relieved that people could see each other's faces again and that the pandemic restrictions were being lifted. Some of you are just... :scoff:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Pretty sure that the lyric of her not caring that she exposes herself and others to Covid is way worse than being happy and relieved that people could see each other's faces again and that the pandemic restrictions were being lifted. Some of you are just... :scoff:

100% agree

17 minutes ago, MJx said:
  Reveal hidden contents

as someone who's lost his favorite person because of covid, i wish she didn't include that line in what seems to be one of the more interesting tracks on the album sonically. it's gonna be a weird album listen for me- starting with the sense of grief in the grants, and then a few tracks later her being careless about the reason for my grief

Aw, sorry to hear that.

5 minutes ago, MJx said:
  Hide contents

How is she being careless tho?... If you're dating someone, spend time with them, and that person tests positive you're already at risk, so what are you going to do? better to stay with that person actually, is not like she's mocking victims of covid or something like that

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Pretty sure that the lyric of her not caring that she exposes herself and others by extent to Covid is way worse than being happy and relieved that people could see each other's faces again and that the pandemic restrictions were being lifted. Some of you are just... :scoff:

Spoiler

Agreed in theory but I don't consider the lyric to be her not caring about exposing others, it sounds more like if my boyfriend gets it then I'm getting it too cus I won't stop kissing him, not we're going go around town and being irresponsible to others. I do think it's a bit of a dumb lyric though, hopefully it lands better in context of the whole song :toofunny:

Not sure how anyone could twist the masks line though, that was clearly just about the relief of things opening once again.

While I personally don’t have a problem with the peppers lyric I also understand that it could affect someone a different way based on their experiences with Covid. It just is what it is :um2:

7 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I honestly didn't interpret it as not caring, especially with the "I can't cry" line, it sounds more like she is trying to tell herself that it doesn't matter. We know that Lana wears a mask regularly to this day so she does seem to care.

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

Reveal hidden contents

Agreed in theory but I don't consider the lyric to be her not caring about exposing others, it sounds more like if my boyfriend gets it then I'm getting it too cus I won't stop kissing him, not we're going go around town and being irresponsible to others. I do think it's a bit of a dumb lyric though, hopefully it lands better in context of the whole song :toofunny:

Not sure how anyone could twist the masks line though, that was clearly just about the relief of things opening once again.

Spoiler

I'm not saying that the lyric is her "I'm spreading covid and I don't care," but there's an implication in that lyric that she doesn't care if she gets covid because she's with that guy instead of not wanting covid in general in order that she doesn't spread it to other people. It's a stupid lyric and she lowkey deserves to be critiqued for it. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i appreciate and empathise concerns about the lyrics and send my love to you :kiss:

but the fact is that certain lyrics affect different people across any subject matter, and everyone has issues that are personal to them

there are some songs i find hard to listen to due to subject matter, but understand other people like them 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

I'm not saying that the lyric is her "I'm spreading covid and I don't care," but there's an implication in that lyric that she doesn't care if she gets covid because she's with that guy instead of not wanting covid in general in order that she doesn't spread it to other people. It's a stupid lyric and she lowkey deserves to be critiqued for it. 

Spoiler

I think I'm confused on what you mean by "doesn't care because she's with that guy." Do you mean that she doesn't care because she's going to keep kissing him and spending time with him, so getting it is inevitable? Because if so, I think that too, and I don't think that is something she should be critiqued for. She would just be saying "oh well, I'm gonna get it." Not "oh well, I'll get it and be careless." 

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Spoiler

She’s just so flippant isn’t she. She probably should avoid voicing things around sensitive subjects, but as always, she’s unapologetically her :icant:

but I think the “I can’t cry” line is probably meaning “I can’t complain, I brought this upon myself”

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

How can some of y'all see a problem with everything tho... She's literally just saying she has been kissing that person so she probably got it too, how in the world is that disrespectful? I doubt people in 2023 are going to drag her for that, literally no one will care except for the 10 woke twitter users as always