Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

i really think the lyric is just referencing the fact she will continue kissing the person she's talking about honestly, not the fact she's being careless about spreading it. we know lana isn't like that :delicious:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

I'm not saying that the lyric is her "I'm spreading covid and I don't care," but there's an implication in that lyric that she doesn't care if she gets covid because she's with that guy instead of not wanting covid in general in order that she doesn't spread it to other people. It's a stupid lyric and she lowkey deserves to be critiqued for it. 

Spoiler

I interpreted it as that he tested positive and they have been kissing [before that], not that she intentionally infected herself.

5 minutes ago, irvnex said:

How is she being careless tho?... If you're dating someone, spend time with them, and that person tests positive you're already at risk, so what are you going to do? better to stay with that person actually, is not like she's mocking victims of covid or something like that

Spoiler

adding "it dont matter"/"whatever" is giving off a careless vibe, also the tone in which it's said/sung.. idk maybe it does depend on each person's experience. god knows i wish i could think like most people here, liking it and calling it cheeky 

Just now, irvnex said:

How can some of y'all see a problem with everything tho... She's literally just saying she has been kissing that person so she probably got it too, how in the world is that disrespecful? I doubt people in 2023 are going to drag her for that, literally no one will care except for the 10 woke twitter users as always

Exactly, that's my thought process, too. I guess if someone's already sensitive to a topic, though, then they're going to have that mindset of giving it a negative connotation. That's not a bad thing, it's something they can't help because of their experience with it. Everyone interprets things differently, and that's the beauty of songs.

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Just now, ivory almond said:
  Hide contents

I think I'm confused on what you mean by "doesn't care because she's with that guy." Do you mean that she doesn't care because she's going to keep kissing him and spending time with him, so getting it is inevitable? Because if so, I think that too, and I don't think that is something she should be critiqued for. She would just be saying "oh well, I'm gonna get it." Not "oh well, I'll get it and be careless." 

Spoiler

Someone who isn't at least somewhat flippant about the Covid-19 pandemic wouldn't want to get Covid or put themselves in a situation where they can get Covid in general because they wouldn't want to spread it to other people. So yes, she doesn't care that she gets it, and by extension, other people. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, MJx said:
  Hide contents

adding "it dont matter"/"whatever" is giving off a careless vibe, also the tone in which it's said/sung.. idk maybe it does depend on each person's experience. god knows i wish i could think like most people here, liking it and calling it cheeky 

The lyric is "whatever he has, I have" it's just broken apart weirdly, but it is all one sentence.

Tbh I'm pretty sure some people will try to cancel her for that covid line/Lanita/or whatever lyrics we don't know yet..

But what makes me a little bit nervous is the way she would handle it this time :biblio: 

I'm not ready for another shady insta stories, fake revenge album date etc :toofunny: 

personally i don't mind the peppers lyric unless they're ab clayton:ohsnap:

Spoiler

🤠 🤠 🤠

0_image-1jpeg.jpg

he's probably a great person n all but the tiktoks he made after their breakup... icky

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

i really dont think there was any ill intention at all behind it, and she really just meant she kissed her boyfriend and then found out he had covid after (and theres not much she could do about it then so continued kissing maybe?). i dont really think its something to take too seriously

we dont know the full context of the song yet anyway, so it could continue :oprah3:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Someone who isn't at least somewhat flippant about the Covid-19 pandemic wouldn't want to get Covid or put themselves in a situation where they can get Covid in general because they wouldn't want to spread it to other people. So yes, she doesn't care that she gets it, and by extension, other people. 

Spoiler

Okay, I get what you're saying. I just don't think that is what Lana is saying. The lyric is: "My boyfriend tested positive for covid. It don't matter. We've been kissing. Whatever he has, I have. I can't cry." So, based on this, I think the phrase "it don't matter" means "I don't care if I get it cause Im gonna keep kissing him." But that is not saying she doesn't care if other people get it. Other people aren't even mentioned. This is solely about her and her boyfriend. 

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

I don’t think it’s really that deep honestly

Just now, ivory almond said:
  Hide contents

Okay, I get what you're saying. I just don't think that is what Lana is saying. The lyric is: "My boyfriend tested positive for covid. It don't matter. We've been kissing. Whatever he has, I have. I can't cry." So, based on this, the phrase "it don't matter" means "I don't care if I get it cause Im gonna keep kissing him." But that is not saying she doesn't care if other people get it. Other people aren't even mentioned. This is solely about her and her boyfriend. 

Spoiler

I think it's rather, "I'm not gonna stop kissing him, because I most likely have COVID anyway since we're always making out".

Not that she doesn't care if she gets it. She thinks she probably has it already so that's no reason to stop kissing.

Which is like.... totally normal and literally nothing to make a fuss about. Two people being COVID positive can quarantine together.

:hoshet:

So, there's people who already received the Spotify vinyl.

Who's gonna do the Lord's work for us? C'mon gurls, let's make each other's day happier :blush3:

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

Just now, sweetie said:
  Hide contents

I think it's rather, "I'm not gonna stop kissing him, because I most likely have COVID anyway since we're always making out".

Not that she doesn't care if she gets it. She thinks she probably has it already so that's no reason to stop kissing.

Which is like.... totally normal and literally nothing to make a fuss about. Two people being COVID positive can quarantine together.

:hoshet:

Spoiler

Yeah, that's halfway what I meant. I'm not good with explanations LMAO. Two people can quarantine together, so she's not careless about spreading it to other people.

I personally don't care if "you don't think it's that deep." People here on this forum have different experiences with the pandemic, and we're allowed to express our critiques over a lyric. No one here said she's a MAGA superspreader, so no need to go to war over her, but we're allowed to find the lyric flippant and obnoxious. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, Luna de miel said:

personally i don't mind the peppers lyric unless they're ab clayton:ohsnap:

Reveal hidden contents

🤠 🤠 🤠

0_image-1jpeg.jpg

he's probably a great person n all but the tiktoks he made after their breakup... icky

It’s probably about Mike since she wrote it with him. 

15 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

i really think the lyric is just referencing the fact she will continue kissing the person she's talking about honestly, not the fact she's being careless about spreading it. we know lana isn't like that :delicious:

You get it

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I think she was just making a hot lyric about current times. No political intention or anything bad behind it. I don’t think it’s really that deep to where we need to dissect it.

I don’t think she’s saying she is afraid of covid.

I don’t think she’s saying she doesn’t care.

I don’t think she’s being careless. Its just a lyric