Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

y’all are arguing about one line of a song that is not even released yet, u just heard it in a mediocre leak for a split second and somehow that can cause a whole (pointless) discussion about its actual meaning and morality. maybe it would make more sense to just wait for the album before judging? we all get it, she mentions covid, omg it might spark controversy, so what? we’re literally talking about an artist whose first album is called “born to die”, mentions daddies multiple times through her discography and even has lines like “he hit me and it felt like a kiss”

it’s cute to speculate about things but is it really that interesting in this case? is anyone really that curious about the dynamics of her and her bf getting covid?? 

this seems like a joke to me considering the lyrical content she has been serving, that should be enough for like 50 years of discussion, while that particular line could be worth 5 minutes imo

a whole song was released yesterday about family, love, death but this bs apparently seems more important and attracts more critical analysis 🤔

i don’t mean to attack anyone with this. but please just realize the context when you talk about these type of things. and maybe remember that music is music, just look beyond. share your feelings and interpretations. questioning whether a line is “right or wrong”? there should be another place for that imo, or maybe just no place at all since this is a form of art and i’m sure no one is going to raise their kids on it. 

there was a line, some of us heard it for the first time yesterday, but maybe not everyone listened. it’s a beautiful life, remember that too for me. so take this advice, live and let live and just have fun while you can still fantasize about this album before you can actually stream it. seize the moment. 

this is my advice, i hope it helps someone! 

8 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:
  Hide contents

first of all, i'm so sorry for what happened

second of all, ur right tho. Covid was a bittersweet time here and there, for some people - it was a traumatizing time, they see death, they literally watched their loved ones gone unexpectedly. But not everything is about that dark, devastating aspects, there were better aspects i saw during covid such as the humanity, the love, the care, the ability to find hope during dark times, and how us- as human beings learn to cherish simple - yet important things around us after ages of getting deflected by all the vanity, the bullshit culture and its influence in the age of social media. i.e: Some parents literally learnt how to take care of their children better cause covid happened, and i believe the same sort of thing happened to Lana while she's with her boyfriend / friends/ family during this time.

Beautifully said. I definitely ageee with you that it taught us all to live differently and seek out a connection that we may not have had before with others. Everything feels different now, to me. But Lana’s music has always helped me process the current times. When I first heard UV in 2014, it fueled my relationship with my therapist but somehow in a way that felt ok. I felt I was on fire and so high. And now, after all that loss, listening to music like The Grants and the title track are showing me that things are going to be fine, even if they didn’t turn out like I ever would have anticipated. She was right, when she said people were learning to live with each other, even during the negative times with the rise of domestic violence. It may not have ended well for everyone but some used the pandemic as a way to gain their own independence from a relationship or learned how to love again. It forced connection that was both necessary and also destructive. We’ve all changed from it. Sorry, I’m emotional and I hope what I said makes any sort of sense. I couldn’t say it as eloquently as you just did! ❤️

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

PLEASE, LANA, DROP THE ALBUM. I AM BEGGING YOU. I WILL DO ANYTHING YOU WANT. I WILL PROMOTE YOUR MUSIC TO EVERYONE I KNOW. I WILL SPEND ALL MY MONEY ON YOUR ALBUM. I WILL EVEN NAME MY FIRST-BORN CHILD AFTER YOU IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES. JUST PLEASE, RELEASE THE ALBUM. IF YOU DON'T, I WILL BE FORCED TO TAKE EXTREME MEASURES. I WILL GO ON A HUNGER STRIKE UNTIL YOU RELEASE IT. I WILL START A PROTEST OUTSIDE YOUR RECORD LABEL. I WILL WRITE A MANIFESTO DEMANDING THE RELEASE OF THIS ALBUM.

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

from the woman who sang he hit me and it felt like a kiss and got hated on by the critics for "glamorizing abuse", now she singing about catching covid cause she is horny and with her man so her fans criticise her for... glamorizing covid? stay tuned for LDR10 where she talks about her intentions being misunderstood... 

Just now, 111 said:

from the woman who sang he hit me and it felt like a kiss and got hated on by the critics for "glamorizing abuse", now she singing about catching covid cause she is horny and with her man so her fans criticise her for... glamorizing covid? stay tuned for LDR10 where she talks about her intentions being misunderstood... 

gsdhera;ognrjlbedzfabcxCRHtdfx

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...