Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

Does Tommy have a large part on Peppers or is it mostly Lana's song?

Spoiler

Tommy is throughout the song, large part 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

21 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I hope we’re wrong at the end! Even if I don’t take value in the Grammys as a barometer of quality these days, it would be awesome to see Lana  nominated for the big ones again to see her being vindicated. I hope all this love she’s being receiving from the likes of Eilish, Rodrigo, Rosalía, SZA, Kim Petras, Madison Beer, etc translates into goodwill and recognition. She’s truly the closest we have to Kate Bush/Tori Amos/Fiona Apple for the millennials and Gen-Zers.

This is the only reason I want her to win a grammy. I also don't have respect for The Grammy's and wouldn't trust them as a barometer of quality, I just want her to finally receive that industry recognition.

As you pointed out, she's an artist's artist, meaning that some of her biggest fans are actually artists themselves, and I could give another thousand examples of celebrities saying that Lana is their number 1 and that she "just keeps getting better" and hopefully the academy will reflect that sentiment.

While I agree that Ocean Blvd is shaping up to less accessible than previous works, the idealist in me believes that, if the songs are good enough, their untraditional structure won't necessarily make them unaccessible. The two interludes seem to be the most unaccessible, but they're interludes, and as for something like Fingertips, I can't envision people discounting the other 13-15 incredible tracks because they find one song 'too weird.'

So yeah, could be the idealist in me but I really do think she has a chance (of at least being nominated.)

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Tommy is throughout the song, large part 

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:
  Hide contents

I would say Tommy’s part is very significant. 50/50?

Spoiler

Does it work well like that or do you wish it was more Lana?

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Does Tommy have a large part on Peppers or is it mostly Lana's song?

Spoiler

Pretty significant but not in a Nikki Lane or Miles Kane type way if that makes sense. Like she’s letting the feature shine but not too much HAHA

Just now, DCooper said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I think it works really well! It reminds me of a Pre-BTD unreleased song and it's a perfect song to shake your ass to at a club :hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, DCooper said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

To me it works a lot tbh, Lana has a lot of verses and they're all great, I'm not even a rap fan and stuff. And the instrumental is sick

Hide contents

Spoiler

definitely enough lana it works very well

Hide contents

Spoiler

It works really well. I heard the Tommy song it samples and I didn’t love it, but Peppers is amazing. Their voices are quite different but complement each other. It’s super catchy. Great production. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

10 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I am not even kidding you, Spotify will not let me play The Grants, it keeps playing Snow On The Beach instead 

Do you have the free version :xgiggle:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

I keep thinking, what's wrong this time that leakers hasn't already leaked the album?

In past eras, by this time, we would already have the entire album. Also, Harry's House leaked in full a month prior to its release. So, what's wrong with those leakers?

Why keep fooling us, leaking one song per time, some times in a shitty quality? I really hope they spent a lot of cash to get their hands on the album, this is the least they deserve!

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

1 minute ago, Dreamboy said:

Obsessed with Peppers, holy f*ck

Spoiler

trying not to listen on repeat because I KNOW there's so much going on in that production that we can't properly hear and I want it to hit me in high quality...but wtf this song is fucking incredible.

10 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

It’s a bit like Carti’s ad libs in Summer Bummer, only actual lines. Throughout the whole track. It meshes well with Lana

sgopYhV.gif

29 minutes ago, surfsup said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Is the reason it’s considered LQ because some of the vocals are quiet in the chorus

It’s def LQ. Her vocals on this album have been clear but you can hear that the whole track sounds muffled.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif