Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

42 minutes ago, Im a ghost now said:

C'mon y'all... just listen to Miss Peppers, you won't regret it

Devil Kronk (@TheDevilKronk) / Twitter

if people have the willpower not to definitely dont because it'll sound soooo much better in high quality. I just listened to the grants on Apple Music and for the first time noticed so many subtle instruments/inflections in the back of my headphones. peppers sounds like it has the most complex production of any song on the album thus far so it needs to be heard in maxxxximum qual

9 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

At the top of my head, title track, Text Book, Wildflower, Sweet Carolina, Black Bathing Suit, Violet For Roses and Arcadia

EDIT: oh, and also Beautiful

Black Bathing Suit has existed since early 2020, so not that

It's Text Book, BB, Arcadia, The Trio, Beautiful, Violets For Roses, WW and Sweet Carolina

33 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

do we know if the background vocalists appear anywhere else on the album? I think they really add something and its a shame if they might only be on the first two songs.

From the credits we found in a German store they're only in the first two tracks. Melodye Perry, one of the backing vocalists, has worked with Lana in Thunder and Text Book, so they might make more tracks in the future.

Someone said that will leak TT x VB on sunday, do u think that's when the full album will be leaked?

C'mon we can't get to monday without the full album, just imagine if we only get it by thursday morning AND only bc of it being released on NZ where it already will be the 24th

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

24 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

At the top of my head, title track, Text Book, Wildflower, Sweet Carolina, Black Bathing Suit, Violet For Roses and Arcadia

EDIT: oh, and also Beautiful

all duds except for Black Bathing Suit 

qfrWuBl.png

18 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

if people have the willpower not to definitely dont because it'll sound soooo much better in high quality. I just listened to the grants on Apple Music and for the first time noticed so many subtle instruments/inflections in the back of my headphones. peppers sounds like it has the most complex production of any song on the album thus far so it needs to be heard in maxxxximum qual

I am definitely going to try and wait. I already wish I waited for the songs I heard earlier. It’s so hard though!! Good thing it’s only a week away!! I’m glad we are all in this together. 

9 minutes ago, World At War said:

From the credits we found in a German store they're only in the first two tracks. Melodye Perry, one of the backing vocalists, has worked with Lana in Thunder and Text Book, so they might make more tracks in the future.

Are they the same vocalists she worked with in Summertime (Gershwin) cover ?

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

28 minutes ago, Peppers said:

Black Bathing Suit has existed since early 2020, so not that

It's Text Book, BB, Arcadia, The Trio, Beautiful, Violets For Roses, WW and Sweet Carolina

Mmm but it wasn’t meant for Chemtrails either tho it clearly doesn’t fit the vibe nor the sound, but yeah 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Spoiler

no but for real does Lana not sing on Grandfather at all? that was the strangest feature ever, she just let Riopy take over the whole song which made it seem like it was HIS song. I was very sad, it ruined the song for me if I'm being completely honest. she should have just given him a verse... I totally thought it was Charlie singing at first 💀

Edited by Carmen Del Rey
OOPS WRONG THREAD HOW DO I DELETE A POST

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

2 hours ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

lowkey hope so, i mean Lana is a versatile artist but it does feel like in the last three albums (ocean blvd, cocc and bb) she is kinda not leaving a certain comfort zone she created for herself kinda relying on the same elements for most of her tracks minus some songs (i said MINUS SOME SONGS i swear if someone replys with "what about peppers??) 

and while the results can be great i feel like if she doesn't switch her main sound up a bit for the next album it could start to get very repetitive

i mean just look at BTD-UV-HONEYMOON three completely different sounds back to back, that diversity is lacking in her recent projects and again, i'm sure Ocean Blvd is gonna be great, but for the next album i think she should go back to exploring again

pls don't fight me if u dont agree:squidward:

Omg this is what I’m most afraid of - Ocean Boulevard being similar to COCC and BB and then she keeps in this comfort zone… I really dislike COCC and BB, sorry guys :( when I heard COCC I was sure that I would never dislike more a Lana’s album, and then BB came out:toofloppy:

Ocean Boulevard title track didn’t get me either as I thought it was a more produced version of BBS songs so I’m afraid she continues that way. oh but I didn’t hear any leaks so I may be reaaaally wrong (hope so :eek:)

Just listened to “The Grants” not sober and okay maybe I see why grant truthers feel like that. The progression of the verses have the darkness of A&W yet the chorus etc (idk what they’re called)  are more uplifting and I think this is truly a better opener than I originally thought. We need to just let Ultraviolence 2.0 rest because she’s coming with (perhaps) her magnum opus. Listening to lyrics, I (ofc) googled and the lyrics surrounding the thought of her death and the memories she hopes to bring to her deathbed I think that it’s truly a beautiful song. Maybe I don’t like the intro as much, because Ms Thunder girlies haven’t grown on me but I’ve listened to the song enough to appreciate it now :party:

Just now, PARADISEMOTEL said:

Just listened to “The Grants” not sober and okay maybe I see why grant truthers feel like that. The progression of the verses have the darkness of A&W yet the chorus etc (idk what they’re called)  are more uplifting and I think this is truly a better opener than I originally thought. We need to just let Ultraviolence 2.0 rest because she’s coming with (perhaps) her magnum opus. Listening to lyrics, I (ofc) googled and the lyrics surrounding the thought of her death and the memories she hopes to bring to her deathbed I think that it’s truly a beautiful song. Maybe I don’t like the intro as much, because Ms Thunder girlies haven’t grown on me but I’ve listened to the song enough to appreciate it now :party:

Ik I’m late but when I listened at first I didn’t like it, but gave it a second chance :dmd:

20 minutes ago, bia said:

Omg this is what I’m most afraid of - Ocean Boulevard being similar to COCC and BB and then she keeps in this comfort zone… I really dislike COCC and BB, sorry guys :( when I heard COCC I was sure that I would never dislike more a Lana’s album, and then BB came out:toofloppy:

Ocean Boulevard title track didn’t get me either as I thought it was a more produced version of BBS songs so I’m afraid she continues that way. oh but I didn’t hear any leaks so I may be reaaaally wrong (hope so :eek:)

Honestly fr. That’s what I said when I first heard OB.  I didn’t even like it at first but it grew on me. A&W was def blew my mind because it felt so different to what she’s been doing, but then The Grants was more like OB. (They’re both beautiful songs) But I agree I’m hoping this isn’t a jazzier BB. (I have hope but I agree in BB and COCC being “comfortable” albums and I’m ready to move from the antonoff piano ballads). I just hope she’s happy with what she’s doing, and it seems she is.

5 minutes ago, PARADISEMOTEL said:

Honestly fr. That’s what I said when I first heard OB.  I didn’t even like it at first but it grew on me. A&W was def blew my mind because it felt so different to what she’s been doing, but then The Grants was more like OB. (They’re both beautiful songs) But I agree I’m hoping this isn’t a jazzier BB. (I have hope but I agree in BB and COCC being “comfortable” albums and I’m ready to move from the antonoff piano ballads). I just hope she’s happy with what she’s doing, and it seems she is.

Well, OB actually decreased on me :toofloppy: when I first heard it with all its layers I thought “I’m sure I’ll end up loving this song” ( I don’t usually love songs at first listens) but I’ve heard it several times and.. meh. The Grants has a better melody so I’m still hopeful :agree:

I also loved A&W, actually I loved it from the first time. It reminded me of AKA days which I thought she would never recall. I’m glad that at least we have this song. The last time I liked a lana’s song that much (not considering unreleased tracks) was with title track of COCC.

but yes, I think she’s doing what she wants to. Hope she’s happy but it’ll be better if she’s happy with songs I like :silly:

1 hour ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

The way if she dropped every single fully formed song she’s ever made that was never released as like a fucking 200+ track mega compilation she would literally chart #1 for over a year :defeated:

Imagine the billboard top 200 literally just being all Lana 😻

24 minutes ago, bia said:

Well, OB actually decreased on me :toofloppy: when I first heard it with all its layers I thought “I’m sure I’ll end up loving this song” ( I don’t usually love songs at first listens) but I’ve heard it several times and.. meh. The Grants has a better melody so I’m still hopeful :agree:

I also loved A&W, actually I loved it from the first time. It reminded me of AKA days which I thought she would never recall. I’m glad that at least we have this song. The last time I liked a lana’s song that much (not considering unreleased tracks) was with title track of COCC.

but yes, I think she’s doing what she wants to. Hope she’s happy but it’ll be better if she’s happy with songs I like :silly:

Literally :popcorn: I’m glad we at least have A&W

Edited by PARADISEMOTEL
Typo

3 hours ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

lowkey hope so, i mean Lana is a versatile artist but it does feel like in the last three albums (ocean blvd, cocc and bb) she is kinda not leaving a certain comfort zone she created for herself kinda relying on the same elements for most of her tracks minus some songs (i said MINUS SOME SONGS i swear if someone replys with "what about peppers??) 

and while the results can be great i feel like if she doesn't switch her main sound up a bit for the next album it could start to get very repetitive

i mean just look at BTD-UV-HONEYMOON three completely different sounds back to back, that diversity is lacking in her recent projects and again, i'm sure Ocean Blvd is gonna be great, but for the next album i think she should go back to exploring again

pls don't fight me if u dont agree:squidward:

💯 agree with this. Best post i've seen here so far on the this topic, sums up everything.

i was kinda hoping Ocean Boulevard will have that new sound. But with Sweet, The Grants, Fingertips, etc, it's definitely in the comfort zone.

Still, if it ends up being a good record, i'll be willing to look past it. 

(But the next record better not be chalk-full of piano ballads, lanita 😑)