Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

21 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Reveal hidden contents

??? are we hearing the same song

The chorus is a random sample that barely fits, Jack is tinkering all over the song w/ random instruments, the song randomly morphs into surf rock near the end - the vocals and effects are trippy as hell. What is your definition of experimental, just out of curiosity? I don't think anyone is expecting Lana to make a Bjork album, but it's definitely 'out there'...

Spoiler

the sample fits really well, imo? if you hadnt told me it was a sample and an original recording instead, i wouldve believed you.

and i dont get what you mean by random instruments? it's a pretty straight forward bass line, some guitar tinkering accompanied by synthesizers. nothing crazy there, either?

not gonna judge the sound effects yet, it's so LQ and muffled we have no idea how it's gonna sound in HQ. It's trippy, for sure, but does trippy equal experimental? Not in my opinion

image.png

I find it weird when people are like the production is so bad it ruins the song but then they’ll listen to unreleased Lana that was recorded on a walkie talkie and has a bit of tambourine in the background. 

Spoiler

Heard a part of Peppers… and the first snippet didn’t do it justice. It really sounds nice, especially the psychedelic/ trippy elements of the song. Pretty sure That one will go viral!! 

2 minutes ago, Topanga said:

I find it weird when people are like the production is so bad it ruins the song but then they’ll listen to unreleased Lana that was recorded on a walkie talkie and has a bit of tambourine in the background. 

THANK YOU!!! THIS!!!! And it’s always a « masterpiece » and « 10 times better than half of the songs of the album » it could have been part of 

Spoiler

:eek2:

Judging production of this album based on leaks is way too hasty 

42 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Hide contents

??? are we hearing the same song

The chorus is a random sample that barely fits, Jack is tinkering all over the song w/ random instruments, the song randomly morphs into surf rock near the end - the vocals and effects are trippy as hell. What is your definition of experimental, just out of curiosity? I don't think anyone is expecting Lana to make a Bjork album, but it's definitely 'out there'...

Spoiler

Anyone who listens to hip-hop will know that there's absolutely nothing experimental about this song.

If anything, it's one of Lana's more conventional songs, especially compared to AW. 

That said, the song will sound much better and possibly more "experimental" in HQ. 

11 minutes ago, Topanga said:

walkie talkie tho lmao

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

that would be so crazy lmao & it is literally something that could happen

I could see this on Spotify for sure but a mainstream overall chart? 

we’ll settle for success on the album charts as always 

I'm sick and tired of half - baked productions.

Spoiler

Peppers could be her BEST SONG . It is brilliant and then it gets bad and then it gets brilliant again . I hope this is just a demo and not the official release cause I'm gonna get m-a-d.

I still think the original edition of blue banisters may have followed the “revenge narrative” more strictly-A&W fits the descriptors too well -it would be interesting to see the overlap between this and the Ocean songs 

14 minutes ago, AntiToxicPill said:

I'm sick and tired of half - baked productions.

Hide contents

Peppers could be her BEST SONG . It is brilliant and then it gets bad and then it gets brilliant again . I hope this is just a demo and not the official release cause I'm gonna get m-a-d.

it's literally an LQ file posted on a weird website let's be fr