Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Morningcrow said:

Virus found. :horror:  ....Damn that site. I can't wait until until this album is out or i learn a little self control. Yes it was an mp3 file

Reveal hidden contents

Peppers HQ!!!

Plssss on which file?? 

2 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

WHERE ARE YALL FINDING KINTSUGI?
not asking, just expressing frustration, don't give me a wp

Spoiler

heads up to anybody else, i tried searching for just the titles and found it that way

yeah, this gon be the only time im sitting out
kintsugi, fishtail, and candy necklace will be saved until release date since they my top 3

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

it's literally coming IN ONE WEEK BABES!! PLS DON'T GET VIRUSES INSTEAD OF ~ JUST WAITING:bebe:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Spoiler

This is definitely Lana’s Art Pop era, it feels like she’s blending all these various different genres and styles in creative ways. Strange chords and key changes and rhythms and drums that aren’t typically heard in pop music. So far I have listened to all of the Rosemead leaks, and I just listened to Peppers. 

The production on Peppers is nice. To me it like some mid 00’s indie band like Modest Mouse or something. The guitar harmonies that slowly build up are 100% a tribute to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers who the song is named after. Someone compared it to The Gorillaz, which I can kind of hear in how the track blends alternative rock with electronic elements and other genres with kind of an artsy sensibility. But Peppers is definitely more American sounding with the beachy guitars and the light trap drums, compared to the Gorillizas UK breakbeat drums and blend of underground UK styles and genres. The “hands on your knees/Angelina Jolie” vocal is a little cheesy but I’m OK with it, I don’t hate.

As for the other singles and leaked tracks I’ve heard, I liked or loved all of them. But some of leaks I only listened to once or half a time due to excessive tags and have already forgettable how they sound. Fingertips is a 10/10 melody. Sounds like the climax of some musical from the golden age of Broadway, like Les Miserable or something like that. Actually, this whole album is kind of giving me musical theater vibes along with 1,000 other influences.

Every Lana album has a few lyrics that straight up make me cringe, and this one is no exception. It’s almost like the better the album is, the harder the cringe has to be. I physically cringed at “Lanita/Bonita/violent Carlito’s way”. Like I literally cannot fathom why she would ever say that. I feel so second hand embarrassed for her. I also cringed at “basic bitch then go down to the Beverly Center to find her”, major pick me vibes.

Aside from those minor lyrics that I would tweak, everything sounds amazing. The Melodies, the vocals, the production, the lyrics (when they’re good), the creative direction. Lana def has a classic on her hands.

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOUR SELF CONTROL

I don’t have that much control tho I’ve listened to The Grants and Sweet when they leaked (but that way we had the first four tracks so it wasn’t major problem order-wise). And I also listened to Peppers, bc that’s my song, but I haven’t listened to anything else. :smile2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

final predictions before whole thing leaks:

top 5 are kintsugi, candy necklace, fishtail, peppers, and sweet
notable mentions: taco truck and a&w

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden