Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

let the light in is an instant classic and needs to be released on AC radios asap after release, i said what i said

Edited by That Venice Bitch
Added spoiler

image.png

50 minutes ago, Taco Truck Bitch said:

it'll be midnight EST, 9pm PST

Oh! I assumed it was the 24th no matter what for the US. Too bad I am on the East Coast. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

4 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

i dont get what they were going for on taco truck's ending

Spoiler

It's a little too incongruous, the Taco Truck part was too short imho, but some people are saying it's the slay of the millennium...

Hey ladies make sure you do not make comments EVEN general ones saying “this song is a serve” or “this instrumental is magnificent” etc because I just got a WP for doing so and now a mod has to approve all my posts! Amazing :beyonce: is half the active LB users about to be struck down with WPs too? Lmao

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Spoiler

ok i was expecting to love this album for listen but it’s definitely a grower i think on 2nd and 3rd listen i’ll fall in love idk if it’s cause i’m tired or what. fingertips and kintsugi literally had me balling like ugly crying 

i wasn’t a fan of let the light in ik im gonna get hate for that but it just really didn’t click for me 

i think margret is really cute i love the spoken parts 

fishtails HOLY FUCK THE BEAT DROP 

peppers was so experimental and so different lana it was so good tho 

taxo truck had me gagged i don’t really think ending the album with venice is my favourite thing but it’s cool af 

the singles are immaculate is all i’m saying 

i’m gonna listen again and hopefully it clicks 

MY OPINION OK 

Spoiler

It's amazing to me how she manages to create a new world with every album, like you can actually picture yourself in a specific place and time just listening to the songs and reading the lyrics

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's a little too incongruous, the Taco Truck part was too short imho

Spoiler

ya idk i may need to give it time but it just sounds like they couldnt figure out how to end taco truck and venice bitch came on shuffle and they super glued it to the end with a drum machine loop over it

Okay, hello everyone, my in-depth review is in! This was really just me in a stream of consciousness style writing notes, so I wrote it AS i listened to each song. Hope you enjoy!

Spoiler

Track 1: The Grants — Love the pre-chorus, love the buildup, dislike the intro, lyrics are heartbreaking, wish there was another verse, fav lyric: so many mountains too high to climb, so many rivers so long, but I’m doin the hard stuff, I’m doin my time, Im doin it for us, for our family line, beautiful melody for outro

Track 2: DYKTTATUOB — Nice transition from The Grants, again I love the buildup, one of her best lyrics from what I have heard so far, beautiful/grand instruments, nice metaphor, wish the melody in the chorus was stronger, verses are my favorite parts, specifically verse 2, fav lyric: it’s because she’s in a world, preserved, only a few have found the door, it’s like camarillo, only silver mirrors, running down the corridor, outro where the guitar and background singers come in omg yes

Track 3: Sweet — Favorite melody so far, love her breathy voice, love the strings and fairytale vibes, STAARRRS IN MY EYESSSS, fav lyric: do you want children? Do you want to marry me? Do you wanna run marathons in long beach by the sea, I got things I wanna do like nothing at all I wanna do them with you, do you wanna do them with me, omg HER VOICE at the end, reminds me of violets for roses

Skipping A&W cause that shit’s long and you’ve all already heard my opinions on it

Track 5: Judah Interlude — haunting piano this is promising, oooo he angry, this scary ngl, WAIT THIS PIANO IS SO GOOD WHAT, Lana’s “yea yea” LMAO, ok he’s kinda serving rn go Judah!, it got a lil sad, not as chaotic as I thought it would be, nah we only halfway thru?, ooo some guitar, Judah smith debut when, OK CREEPY OUTRO

Track 6: nowhere to be found L

Track 7: Kintsugi — YES SHE HAS FINALLY ARRIVED ALREADY CREAMING, omg she couldn’t be there for the closest one stop this is gon tear me apart, it had to break a little more cause thats what its for, thats how the light gets in omg, the whistles stop I can’t, THE LYRIC TEASE FROM FLORIDAKILOS GAVE ME WAS IN KINTSUGI YES, 111 who tf is that, this shit’s amazing, AHHHH THE NAME DROP FOR JACK, ROAD RUNNER CAFE, her delivery of the lyrics carrying rn, shaking my head rn cause I can’t believe im listening to the SOTY rn, is that how you pronounce kintsugi? Thought it was a “J” sound, im gonna need lyric transcript for this ASAP cause im too emotional to carefully listen, nah she got me sad twerking to piano, ITS ALREADY BEEN 6 MINUTES?

Track 8: Fingertips — too drained to listen to it again

Track 9: Paris, Texas — ok before I begin, this was one of my most anticipated songs, but its snippet kinds lowered the bar, so we’ll see, I hear extra piano, I HEAR STRINGS IM A SLUT FOR STRINGS,  I just ascended and then descended, her vocals are sorta inconsistent on this song I feel, hold on Im hearing the voice of Lizzy Grant’s voice a lil, I like the whispering in the background, I was expecting more ngl, ok volume 1 DONE

Track 10: Grandfather — im ready, let’s do this, THREEE WHITE BUTTERFLIES TO KNOW YOU NEAR, help all i can think about is that polish guy singing, choruses are better than the verses imo, not too fond of the melody, love the vocal layering, oooo Im hearing some drums y’all, white dress vocals are giving rn, ok it’s getting better I can finally twerk, YESS OUTRO WAS A SERVE, wish there was more saxophone tho, I do believe that you guys hyped this one up too much, but it is amazing, felt longer than 4 minutes or whatever it is

Track 11: Let The Light In — ah shit, I was taken aback, already twerking to this one thats a good sign, guitar is giving me life, ooooooo this is a bop, THIS MELODY GOES CRAZYYY, NOTHING UNDER THIS UNDERCOAT, FJM adds so much warmth to this song, I found 111’s lyric tease for me, oh my god eargasm much? Instrumental carrying, no nvm, EVERYTHING IS CARRYING THIS RN, enjoying this way more than I thought I would, yea IMMA NEED THAT LYRIC TRANSCRIPT NOW, I can’t get over it this addicting, WE ONLY HALFWAY LETS GO, I LOVE TO LOVE TO LOVE TO LOVE YOU, I HATE TO HATE TO HATE TO HATE YOU,

I WANT TO WANT TO WANT TO WANT YOU, I NEED TO NEED TO NEED TO NEED YOU, soaring just like king-sugi said, im shaking, this is too much imma need a break after this song, am I in heaven rn, buddy’s rendevous found dead in a ditch, a&w found dead in a ditch, sweet found dead in a ditch, best song so far, 10/10

Track 12: Margaret — holy shit I’d hate to follow that, sorry to Marge, wait this almost as good as LTLI, WHEN YOU KNOW WHEN YOU KNOW, their voices sound so good together, oop nvm now it’s just jack please stfu, he def got into Lana’s coke stash, instrumental instrumental instrumental, NOW THIS ANOTHER BOP IM SORRY I DOUBETED YOU BABE, I zoned out wtf just happened

Track 13: Fishtail — im not ready, cause I know this just gon be another bop that I get hot to, ooo I don’t even recognize the sample she did a good job remastering it, AHHHH BEAT DROP OKKKKK, YESSS, I don’t know what she saying but I just know she is serving cvnt, I PLAN TO ADDRESS THEM ANOTHER DAY, STOP PAINTING RED FLAGS GREEN, this is so sexy, am I going into heat?, don’t you dare say, uhhhh where tf is chuck wasn’t she a speaker, sides C and D cleared

Track 14: Peppers — LETS FREAKING GO POPPERS IN HQ, hands on your knees, braid my hair, ME AND MY BOYFRAN LISTEN TO THE CHILI PEPPERS, ugh this feels like the first time I listened to it, fuck it give a show, I want a show from Lana tbh, ill bring the wine dw, IM IN LOVEEEEEEEE, twerk twerk all day, im twerking all day, oh instrumental cleared on this one, she’s in heat, I’m in heat, we all in heat rn, TY JACK FOR GIVING US PEPPERS, this song so sexy oooo, merge the song? Wipeout!!!!!!!!!, here come those beach vibes, we in California rn honey, DO A FAT CRISS CROSS IN THE BACK SOMEWHERE, outro served, I hate to say this but… kintsugi found dead in a ditch!

Track 15: Taco Truck x VB — ok so this is actually track 16, just realized I completely skipped Jon Batiste, oh well!, here is track 16 TACO TRUCKKKKK, yes whoever did guitar really outdid themselves on this album, another melody, OOO imagine if she gave a fuck, sweater weather, she falling into you, BEAT DROP LANITA HAS ARRIVED, ELECTRIC GUITAR WAS THE DEATH OF ME, MAX TAYLOR AKA IVORY ALMOND FOUND DEAD IN A DITCH, damnnnn she really just gave us a verse and chorus then dipped, synths coming in clutch, so what ive learned from this experience is im actually not a piano ballad slut, im a slut for electric guitar, drums, synths, and violin, OH SHIT SHE TALKING AND SHI, now that transition could been better lesbee fr, this sounds like a remix im worried…. uh oh, Taco Truck found dead in a ditch, murdered by VB Trap Remix, I mean I can twerk but that don’t mean im gonna, okay…, that was not the serve it made itself out to be, but YESSSSSSSSS

Initial Ranking

1. Let The Light In + Peppers

2. Kintsugi + Sweet + A&W

3. Fishtail + Margaret + Taco Truck x VB (i really just wanna pretend the VB part of the song doesn't exist)

4. Fingertips + Grandfather + DYK

5. The Grants + Paris, Texas

pov me listening to Let The Light In and Peppers :hair:

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Just now, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

ya idk i may need to give it time but it just sounds like they couldnt figure out how to end taco truck and venice bitch came on shuffle and they super glued it to the end with a drum machine loop over it

Mod pogded situation :creepna3:

Just finished listening to the album and...

Spoiler

Wow:defeated:LTLI, Paris, Fishtail, Peppers and TTxVB are all highlights for me. I actually love the interludes too, but I'm SO SCARED AND EXCITED TO HEAR CANDY NECKLACE:crying5:it makes me wonder why it wasn't leaked with the rest of the album

Just now, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Exactly. The TT part is wayyyy too short. 

Spoiler

Thanks god I love literally every song, I hate when an album drops and I have to go back to listen to the same 4 or 5 songs on loop because those are the only ones I like, but literally every song is good, there's no skips for me at least for now.