Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Here is my opinion of the album

Spoiler

The album really feels like a journey, the way it starts is so different from the way it finishes, there is the Lana with super random and funny lyrics and the serious Lana with super deep lyrics, I really liked that the structure of the songs are not at all conventional and I think that can play in her favour with the reviews.

I personally don't think the album is cohesive in sound, it's more the lyrics that really tie the songs together.

I just finished the first listen so I wouldn't know where to place it in my ranking of Lana's albums yet.

I think BNT is going to get it TT X VB or Peppers.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Spoiler

This might sound dumb but my initial reaction is like…I’m kind of underwhelmed but at the same time it’s definitely one of her best works. I think I was just expecting it all to be much bigger. Maybe it’s just the quality from the leak isn’t the best but like nothing really BLEW me away y’know? I definitely love the direction she’s going in.

but if I had to summarize it real quick, based on just one listen-through, it’s giving me like LFL just with Jack Antonoff added to it, with a few slutty bops. Which is fine with me!! Because LFL is my #2 album. Like this is an amazing album, I’m just a tad disappointed because I was expecting it to be a lot better I guess. But that’s on me though. I’m sure this will grow on me over time and eventually become my #1, who knows.

another masterpiece, regardless :)

Spoiler

Taco Truck is absolutely massive,

her Melodie’s, the lyrics, the way VB comes in

hiw the fuck is she still churning out things like this more than a decade in

the whole album is sick

the general public isn’t ready wow 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

1 minute ago, brooklyn bitch said:
  Hide contents

I LOVE GRANDFATHER, HER VOCALS  :trisha:

Spoiler

WE TOLD YA! it's one of the best songs on the record, and probably top 12 of all time.

Spoiler

Really hoping she goes for more songs like taco truck and peppers on the next album

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Spoiler

y'know the insiders definitely got one thing right: there's something for everyone!

it's fun to see how completely different everyone's rankings are :wub:

if yall have airpods try turning on stereo when you hold down the volume meter in control center. might help with quality

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Spoiler

I'd rather drink myself to death than read some of these absolute shit takes on this miserable forum :air:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, taco truck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Really hoping she goes for more songs like taco truck and peppers on the next album

yep yep 

Spoiler

she showed she can make bops she just doesn't want to

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Spoiler

I’m already hoping for LDR10 that we get the sluttiest bops and even more controversial lyrics lol. And I don’t want her to whisper those lyrics to me, I want her to yell in my fucking face 😂

2 minutes ago, imaginist said:
  Hide contents

This might sound dumb but my initial reaction is like…I’m kind of underwhelmed but at the same time it’s definitely one of her best works. I think I was just expecting it all to be much bigger. Maybe it’s just the quality from the leak isn’t the best but like nothing really BLEW me away y’know? I definitely love the direction she’s going in.

but if I had to summarize it real quick, based on just one listen-through, it’s giving me like LFL just with Jack Antonoff added to it, with a few slutty bops. Which is fine with me!! Because LFL is my #2 album. Like this is an amazing album, I’m just a tad disappointed because I was expecting it to be a lot better I guess. But that’s on me though. I’m sure this will grow on me over time and eventually become my #1, who knows.

another masterpiece, regardless :)

Spoiler

Agree. I think I need more time to process. LFL is my favorite followed by NFR…this one might hit 3. Need to dive in more. I’m very impressed, but I think this added to all the other new music I follow that came out today it’s too much to process. Some career highlights for sure. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.