Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

Fishtail is for those 6th grade baddies whose boyfriend won’t braid their hair during lunch

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, tomxev said:
  Hide contents

This interlude gave me Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon psychedelic vibes. If Lana leaned more into that she’d make a CLASSIC

Spoiler

Exactly!! I REALLY hope candy necklace has elements of it. It’s so captivating 

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Fishtail is for those 6th grade baddies whose boyfriend won’t braid their hair during lunch

NNNNNNNNNNNN

Preliminary song and album rating and ranking:

Spoiler

1. Taco Truck x VB (her best closing track of all time. I just wish we got the "Lanita" part for the second time; the Taco part should've been longer and VB trap should've been a separate song. But still fab!)

2. Did You Know that there's a Tunnel Under Ocean Boulevard (top 10 ever material)

3. Grandfather, Please Stand on my... (top 15 ever material)

4. Paris, Texas (short but gorgeous and very different for her)

5. Let the Light In (Simple, lush, beautiful)

6. AW (unique)

7. Sweet (I warmed up to this song, it's a perfect song for a Lana Del Rey musical if they ever make one)

8. Kintsugi (I knew this would be better than Fingertips, with Jack behind it. The "automatic singing" wordiness actually works here. It's just a bit slow and long)

9. Peppers (It's a bit bland and repetitive for me)

10. The Grants (sweet but not much else to it. One of her lesser opening tracks)

11. Fishtail (I don't imagine I'd listen to this song much)

12. Judah Priest Interlude (fits well with the atmosphere, very dramatic, doesn't work outside of the context of the album)

13. John Baptiste Interlude (same as above)

14. Fingertips (I really wish she'd scrapped this song)

Candy Necklace and Margaret pending. These will really decide where the album fits as a whole.

Album rating: 7.6

Album ranking:

1. NFR! 

2. Lust for Life 

3. Born to Die

4. Ultraviolence

5. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

6. Did You Know that There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Boulevard

7. Honeymoon

8. Paradise

9. Villet Bent Backwards Over the Grass

10. Blue Banisters

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

:nono: no fishtail degrading on my watch. 

Spoiler

taco truck x vb has me :rip:

these are my winners for anyone who gives a fuck:

taco truck x vb - this just has LA written all over it. it's like if silverlake/echo park had a theme song, stopping at the taco truck (which my favorite taco truck is actually in echo park and it's called TACO ZONE no joke it's by the safeway close to the dodger stadium check it out) then we drive down the 10 and end up in venice. it's INSANE. this is 10/10 my favorite song. there's something kind of sweet about her closing with an LA song. I think it alludes to her past and where she stays planted after singing about the midwest & paris, tx, alabama, rhode island, etc.

peppers - this mega bop is just so sultry and nonchalant. she's telling you like it is, no fucks given. I think it goes hand in hand with A&W tbh.. she always knows how to push the boundaries in every fuckn way possible and then you think about her capacity after singing some heavy shit like GRANDFATHER PLZ... testing + for COVID but whatever life is like this. forever listening to this song on high.

fishtail- This is an example of a song only LDR can make. holy fuck i'm so obsessed. it's so raw in its meaning and what she's singing about. like warnings of heartbreak and the outcome - which was obvious heartbreak & they wanted her sadder. the beat just flows so well with the lyrics.

a&w - we all know about this masterpiece. what gets me the most about this song is the juxtaposition of the confessionals of the first part compared of jimmy jimmy. it's like she told you the hard truth in a very gentle way about her love life is and then jimmy jimmy is when she lets it out and shows you what she really means.

fingertips- it's very personal. i'm pretty sure this is the most direct she's ever been about her life and what she's been through in her past with her family. this is so much insight and i'm still trying to process all of it. suddenly a lot of makes sense of why family means so much to her .

sweet - if you want some basic bitch go to the beverly center and find.

candy necklace - i know you'll be on my favorites too.

that's it that's all

Edited by That Venice Bitch
Added spoiler... y'all

pass me my vape.

My thots:

Spoiler

Kintsugi sounds somewhat sad, with what she's saying. It's a beautiful track, I think. I'll need more time with it
Taco Truck is kind of a weird one. I love it for so many reasons, but also I think there should've been more to it. It easily could've worked as a 12 minute track with the sound the first half had, more of that. The length of the VB part was odd, taking over the song and the transition I really didn't love. I think it'll take more time for me. It'd also be interesting to hear this next to the original VB.

Let The Light In is everything I've always wanted from a FJM x LDR collab. I like it but still need more time with it too.

Peppers is that bitch, seriously. I need more of this Lana again, I like hearing her fun side again, rather than the long piano flops. Don't get me wrong, a lot of this album has some pianoy songs which I love but it's so interesting hearing her take on something fun again

The interludes seem pointless without Candy Necklace there. Idk what to make of those without hearing CN between it so we'll see.

I fucking LOVE Fingertips. It seems like something she needed to write and put out there. It's definitely my... second favorite? third? Idk. It's weird trying to rank these tracks as favorites when it exists next to other songs like A&W and Peppers and Sweet and Ocean Blvd... idk. 

Sweet is like a Disney princess song mixed with Wait For Life and it's everything I didn't know I wanted from Lana. It's cinematic, it's somewhat sad, it's sweet, it's everything. It's not like boohoo my bf broke up with me sad but it's cute sad if that makes sense.

I need to hear Paris Texas and Margaret again to really have any thots on them

I forgot to mention Fishtail. It's giving Midnights from Taylor Swift. It sounds like something straight off of that album and I'm here for it. Hell, for all we know, maybe they listened to each other's albums in the process of making them and kinda took a couple ideas off of each other. Not blatantly stealing anything, it's not any form of plagiarism by any means, it just sounds like something that could've been recorded by Taylor and fit right in on that album. I like it a lot actually.

Overall, this pushes forward the sound that COCC did, you can hear those sounds making a bigger impact on these but it feels like it picked up right where she left off with NFR. It feels fresh, but familiar and perfectly Lana Del Rey. It's definitely between Honeymoon and NFR for me right now. I think it'll take time to truly set in it's place for the album ranking. 

If there are outtakes, I hope she releases them or they leak. I'd love to know what was left on the cutting room floor. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, Enco said:
  Hide contents

:nono: no fishtail degrading on my watch. 

Spoiler

It degraded itself by being a song about her grown man bf not coming over to braid her hair:bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

:true:

Woah don’t be hating on my girl fishtails:blush2:

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

1 minute ago, lanascarlitos said:
  Reveal hidden contents

taco truck x vb - this just has LA written all over it. it's like if silverlake/echo park had a theme song, stopping at the taco truck (which my favorite taco truck is actually in echo park and it's called TACO ZONE no joke it's by the safeway close to the dodger stadium check it out) then we drive down the 10 and end up in venice. it's INSANE. this is 10/10 my favorite song. there's something kind of sweet about her closing with an LA song. I think it alludes to her past and where she stays planted after singing about the midwest & paris, tx, alabama, rhode island, etc.

peppers - this mega bop is just so sultry and nonchalant. she's telling you like it is, no fucks given. I think it goes hand in hand with A&W tbh.. she always knows how to push the boundaries in every fuckn way possible and then you think about her capacity after singing some heavy shit like GRANDFATHER PLZ... testing + for COVID but whatever life is like this. forever listening to this song on high.

fishtail- This is an example of a song only LDR can make. holy fuck i'm so obsessed. it's so raw in its meaning and what she's singing about. like warnings of heartbreak and the outcome - which was obvious heartbreak & they wanted her sadder. the beat just flows so well with the lyrics.

a&w - we all know about this masterpiece. what gets me the most about this song is the juxtaposition of the confessionals of the first part compared of jimmy jimmy. it's like she told you the hard truth in a very gentle way about her love life is and then jimmy jimmy is when she lets it out and shows you what she really means.

fingertips- it's very personal. i'm pretty sure this is the most direct she's ever been about her life and what she's been through in her past with her family. this is so much insight and i'm still trying to process all of it. suddenly a lot of makes sense of why family means so much to her .

that's it that's all

Please remember to use spoilers :xgiggle:

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

3 minutes ago, lanascarlitos said:
Spoiler

that's it that's all

Bro, spoilers!

Edited by That Venice Bitch