Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

TO THOSE WHO HAVE LISTENED TO THE L3AKS

Spoiler

stop sharing your negative opinions on here! I have also caved in and listened, but the songs are PHENOMONAL?! Negative options just create less hype for the album... and ruins the experience for so many. The album is literally up there with NFR... Perhaps even her best album... it is great!!!!!

As a non english speaker i need the lyrics, so i hope someone post them 

Spoiler
Spoiler

The 1:45 of taco is excellent i wish it was longer. Let the light in and fish instant classic. Grandfather very cute altought i dont underatand a word :teehee: and I love Margaret. I need to read the others songs lyrics to connect more with them

Peppers is a bop but i dont understand if the angelie lyrics have sometginhg related or a meaning with the rest of the song

1 minute ago, ldr9superiority said:

Hide contents

stop sharing your negative opinions on here! I have also caved in and listened, but the songs are PHENOMONAL?! Negative options just create less hype for the album... and ruins the experience for so many. The album is literally up there with NFR... Perhaps even her best album... it is great!!!!!

Lol i will share my negative opinion all the way if I want so:facepalm: this is literally why music forums exist to share all kinds of opinions 

15 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

My immediate top 5 (in no particular order):

Hide contents

Paris, Texas

Grandfather

A&W

Taco Truck x VB

Let The Light In

My least fave is probably Sweet but I still like it. Love the interludes, adore Margaret, etc etc

Spoiler

My top five are pretty similar. I would just replace AW with Ocean Boulevard.

I'm not listening to the leaks, but to those who have listened to the leaks, how do you think the album will be received by the critics? What do you think the metacritic score will be (not that it really matters)?

5 minutes ago, ldr9superiority said:

Reveal hidden contents

this is literally about sharing opinions… by all means be respectful about it but people can say what they want about the album

2 minutes ago, MJx said:

THIS ALBUM IS THE MASTERPIECE NFR WISHES IT WAS, i said what i said

someone needed to say it 

6 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

guys can u spoil some paris, texas lyrics?

Spoiler

‘It's time, It's time to go

When you know you know

That it’s time to leave 

Like the summer breeze ‘ 

2 minutes ago, LanasDealer said:

I'm not listening to the leaks, but to those who have listened to the leaks, how do you think the album will be received by the critics? What do you think the metacritic score will be (not that it really matters)?

I think will get overall favorable reviews. Won't be NFR levels, even though it should be. It doesn't play it as safe as NFR so I see there being some comments on maybe it's varied sound or length not working.

5 minutes ago, singintheblues said:

As a non english speaker i need the lyrics, so i hope someone post them 

Hide contents
  Hide contents

The 1:45 of taco is excellent i wish it was longer. Let the light in and fish instant classic. Grandfather very cute altought i dont underatand a word :teehee: and I love Margaret. I need to read the others songs lyrics to connect more with them

Peppers is a bop but i dont understand if the angelie lyrics have sometginhg related or a meaning with the rest of the song

Spoiler

Peppers is a sexual song and Angelina part means she’s giving a blowjob to a man and wants him to braid her hair during this activity :wub:

Just now, Kintsugi said:

Hide contents

I know everyone is allowed to have their opinion, but this has to be one of the worst takes I've ever seen posted on this forum.

Calling Lana, who poured all of her heart and soul into these records lazy just because she didn't meet your surface-level expectations is quite selfish and immature.

Maybe some of you deserved Blue Banisters after all.

HI KING 

5 minutes ago, Kintsugi said:

Reveal hidden contents

I know everyone is allowed to have their opinion, but this has to be one of the worst takes I've ever seen posted on this forum.

Calling Lana, who poured all of her heart and soul into these records lazy just because she didn't meet your surface-level expectations is quite selfish and immature.

Maybe some of you deserved Blue Banisters after all.

I’m glad my bad take summoned you king ❤️ welcome back :angie:

Spoiler

And yeah I can call her lazy I don’t think she cares she cares herself lazy all the time:kiss:

9 minutes ago, LanasDealer said:

Spoiler

The album works better when you consider individual songs or individual sections. But it's kind of like three albums in one (a folk one, a gospel one and a hip-hop one), and a bit messy that way. So, I don't expect the unanimous praise NFR had. A 7.5-8 from Pitchfork, maybe 8.1 (best new record) if they love the individual tracks. 

Anthony Fantano will love Ocean Boulevard and AW (we know that) and tracks like Grandfather that have similar production to NFR. But he's guaranteed to hate Fishtail, Peppers, etc., based on his past reviews. (he hated Cinnamon Girl and Tulsa Freak and most of Lana's hip-hop stuff). He'll also say the album is bloated as hell, based on what he always says for Lana's albums. So, I reckon he'll land on a strong 7, maybe 8 at best.

Metacritic: 81. If Blue Banisters got 80, this definitely needs to be higher! But then, it's the same people who gave Born to Die 62, so you never know. 

All I want is a Best New Track for Taco Truck or Paris, Texas, but if she doesn't release those as singles, that can't happen. :(