Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

TACO TRUCK IS FHE FIRST SONG IVE LISTENED TO BITCH ITS SO GOOD SHE REVIVED LIZZY OH MY GOD I JUST FAINTED AT SCHOOL AND SHIT MYSELF AND THREW UP 

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

7 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

@venicebitch please read the room. You can have your negative opinions but you’re wording them in a way that makes me question why are you wasting your time in a forum dedicated to an artist you’re calling lazy and floppy. At least give the album more listens before you come on here with half baked criticism. 

1. never called her floppy; yes, I called her piano songs lazy (i don’t think it Lana’s fault actually, she’s lyrically and melodically great, i think it’s on Mike Hermosa or whoever does her piano)

2. i specifically said: “idk maybe I need to take a week off and try again with a fresh mind when it releases officially”

3. i also said: “I want to completely change my mind next Friday and love it like you do” cause I know I’m a whore for Lana and I probably will end up loving this album! 

I’m just live reacting like all of you do and if don’t like something I’m saying it the same as I will probably do in a week when my vinyls arrive. You’re allowed to skip my posts if that bothers you. 

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:
  Hide contents

I love the small references between the songs, makes the album more cohesive :wub:

Spoiler

The Paris, Texas and Margaret connection makes my heart all fuzzy and warm.

IMG-7960.jpg

Guys pls stop fighting over opinions everyone is allowed to have their own takes geez

anyways...

Spoiler

The Candy Necklace tea... :paris:

also welcome back babe @Kintsugi

6 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Is this all of the cn „drama” that bozo was talking about? We need to stop believing him:pls:

On my end, that's about it. Keep in mind that I don't have all answers in the universe and there might be something else that I'm not aware of. At the end of the day, none of us sits inside Lana's head and knows all of her plans and intentions. I just wanted to clear it up a little since I've seen a lot of misinformation being spread around about this whole Candy Necklace history. Also, to everyone asking, I definitely prefer Candy Necklace to the scrapped song and I believe she made a good decision. This song is gonna make the album release special.

1 minute ago, Kintsugi said:

Reveal hidden contents

On my end, that's about it. Keep in mind that I don't have all answers in the universe and there might be something else that I'm not aware of. At the end of the day, none of us sits inside Lana's head and knows all of her plans and intentions. I just wanted to clear it up a little since I've seen a lot of misinformation being spread around about this whole Candy Necklace history. Also, to everyone asking, I definitely prefer Candy Necklace to the scrapped song and I believe she made a good decision. This song is gonna make the album release special.

is the surprise still happening? or were you referring to the grants when you said new music

Spoiler

The second half of the album is so good. I think all of the songs are 10/10 for me except for maybe Fishtail. Unfortunately the first half of the album brings it down a lot(A&W is the best song on the album though). Right now I want to say it’s a top 5 album. Also it’s hard to have a full opinion on the interludes without hearing Candy Necklace first  

Spoiler

Track ranking after a few more listens and updated with Margaret:

LOVE:

1. Taco Truck (her absolutely most inspired on this record. The last time I had this "wow" moment was with White Dress)

2. Paris, Texas (so fresh for her and soo inspired. A classic. Also a "wow" moment)

3. Grandfather, please stand... (just gorgeous, and my third "wow" moment on this record)

4. Ocean Boulevard (will always adore this song)

5. Margaret (gorgeous, NFR-level production, would have also made a great closing track)

6. Let the Light In (so simple and so beautiful)

7. AW (closest to Radiohead she'll ever get)

8. Kintsugi (the storytelling on this one)

9. Fishtail (grown on me, and I feel like it'll grow even more)

10. Sweet (the Beverly Center lyric is one of the best and most quotable/memorable on the record)

MEH

11. The Grants (too sentimental for me, and I really don't care for Lana's family in the lyrics. I wish she'd stop talking about them because it feels lazy)

12. Peppers (the chorus doesn't do it for me, and the Angelina Jolie thing is too repetitive) 

13. Judah Smith (I mean, what can we say about these interludes, really? It could have been cut easily. If it was a full gospel album, then yeah, leave it, but this way, nah. And it's like an interlude for what? Breathing space? Unless Candy Necklace is the next "Ride" or another massive, epic song, forgtet it.)

14. John Baptiste 

HATE:

15. Fingertips (didn't hate a Lana song with this much passion on an album since Coachella. It's an eyesore ugh)