Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, tulsa jesus twink said:
  Hide contents

why is everyone hating on fishtail, i heard the first snippet that leaked like last week and thought it was gonna be her best song :eek:

Spoiler

It’s amazing and one of the best on the album, some people just have no taste unfortunately 

FzytWEW.png

8 minutes ago, Kintsugi said:

Hide contents

On my end, that's about it. Keep in mind that I don't have all answers in the universe and there might be something else that I'm not aware of. At the end of the day, none of us sits inside Lana's head and knows all of her plans and intentions. I just wanted to clear it up a little since I've seen a lot of misinformation being spread around about this whole Candy Necklace history. Also, to everyone asking, I definitely prefer Candy Necklace to the scrapped song and I believe she made a good decision. This song is gonna make the album release special.

Spoiler

now that we have the almost full record, could we pleeeeease get your ranking? :wub:

and also for giving me Margaret

3 minutes ago, tulsa jesus twink said:
  Hide contents

why is everyone hating on fishtail, i heard the first snippet that leaked like last week and thought it was gonna be her best song :eek:

apparently this album is very divisive :hide:

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

4 minutes ago, tulsa jesus twink said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

it’s amazing but some less anticipated songs really really delivered 

3 minutes ago, tulsa jesus twink said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

It just sounds like TJF 2.0 but i also think it still sounds LQ? Maybe someone can tell me if it’s also that one song sounding worse in their .zips

8 minutes ago, Kintsugi said:

Hide contents

On my end, that's about it. Keep in mind that I don't have all answers in the universe and there might be something else that I'm not aware of. At the end of the day, none of us sits inside Lana's head and knows all of her plans and intentions. I just wanted to clear it up a little since I've seen a lot of misinformation being spread around about this whole Candy Necklace history. Also, to everyone asking, I definitely prefer Candy Necklace to the scrapped song and I believe she made a good decision. This song is gonna make the album release special.

@Kintsugi, everyone loves you here for sharing informaton. So appreciated! I just have one question that I think everyone would want to know the answer to.

Spoiler

What song(s) in Lana's discography is Candy Necklace similar to? Should we look forward to a hit, a bop, a good ballad, another rap track, another gospel cut? We are STARVED for this info. But an actual comparison (Video Games? Summer Bummer? etc) would be amazing! Thank you <3

1 minute ago, venicebitch said:
  Hide contents

It just sounds like TJF 2.0 but i also think it still sounds LQ? Maybe someone can tell me if it’s also that one song sounding worse in their .zips

Spoiler

yea mine isn’t super hq idk if that’s a stylistic choice or if we’re gonna need to wait for streaming quality 

The leaked songs are not the same that will be uploaded on streaming, I checked with The Grants, leaked version was mostly up to 16kHz and iTunes version up to 22kHz.

Now if there will be an audible difference, I don't know.

ohmygod seeing some reactions to this album, ive listened to 1 leaked song but why do some of yall go out of ur way to hate everything Lana makes 

u arent the bald guy, learn how to like her music 

YCY3W7s.jpg

This album is so good :wowcry::trisha: 

Also yes it has variety but to me it has a very nice flow:oprah:

The Fishtail hate needs to stop 

Spoiler

Tbh the autotune reminds me of TJF but otherwise it doesn't remind me much of it

It's really good though , the piano , the beats,  also I think I hear water noises towards the end in the back 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Spoiler

def need to listen more (and it all feels incomplete w/o CN obvs) but i can def say that this is the loosest, msost free wheeling lana record in her discography, she's really trying everything with such easy breezy style, encompassing so many styles, stories, and vibes and putting them together in a way that makes sense in a very quintessentially lana way. the early standouts, for me, are fingertips, a&w, grandfather, the grants, let the light in (so glad FJM is not a huge part of it, vocally at least), and fishtail.

aOaIzH2.gif

Spoiler

So I honestly can’t process this all at once. It’s going to take some time, and I’m ready.

One I nitial thoughts:

I do wonder what if Side D had been in the middle of the album as opposed to at the end. Then again, I like how she’s fucking with the usual narrative arc of having the more melancholic sweeping songs towards the end of the album, replacing them with the more percussive experimental scrapbookery of the last 3 songs.

1 minute ago, ByDayAnother said:
  Hide contents

So I honestly can’t process this all at once. It’s going to take some time, and I’m ready.

One I nitial thoughts:

I do wonder what if Side D had been in the middle of the album as opposed to at the end. Then again, I like how she’s fucking with the usual narrative arc of having the more melancholic sweeping songs towards the end of the album, replacing them with the more percussive experimental scrapbookery of the last 3 songs.

Spoiler

i’m thinking that them being the last tracks are gonna make a nice transition to ldr10, considering how she did it with bb