Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

okay these are thoughts on the album for anyone who cares

Hide contents

i like it:xgiggle:

listening to the title track in the context of the album kinda made me sad it was released as a single cause imo it sounds so much better with the rest and it hits harder.

i feel like Sweet will grow on me.

the interludes have beautiful instrumentals, i won't listen to the interludes again probably but if the instrumental were to leak then i would stream lmao.

kintsugi did not disappoint i really like it, a little part reminds me of the Wild At Heart pre-chorus but that's okay i love this track.

Fingertips i really like the production and the lyrics, it's obviously hard to get into the melody after just 2 listens and that's okay.

i loooove paris, texas it gave me the same vibes as oh say can you see, i was imagining a black and white 50s movie while listening, so soothing.

i really like the melody on grandfather too.

let the light in is very cute i wish FJM had a verse i really like him but the track overall is good very sweet

margaret pretty much the same, i always liked bleachers so i knew i wasnt gonna have problems with Jack singing, it is hard to understand what he says tho lol, it goes well with LTLI tho, sister songs.

i also really like Fishtail idk why some people didn't like it, i feeo like it's sexy and i looove when she sings BAAAAABY.

Peppers ugh i still cannot get into it, maybe i will but for now im not a big fan, i really like the pre-chorus tho.

Taco Truck is the track i claimed and i really like it, i gotta admit i prefer the TT part to the VB part, probably cause VB is one of my favorite songs by Lana so the og remains superior, but it was a cute mashup, wish the TT part was longer.

now i do also have critiques

sorry to say this once again but... the mixing.

in some tracks the instrumental is way louder than the vocals, in others the vocals sound muffled or too in your face, it is something i can ignore but if i pay attention it does bother me.

UV and NFR still sit pretty in my number 1 spot unbothered but i really liked this album definitely an improvement from COCC and BB, now i do still wish Lana would explore something totally new for her next record but that's way to early to talk about.

i don't have a ranking yet but it's fair since we don't have CN

anyway i like the album :blush3:

thank you to everyone who reads this i love you :trisha:

Spoiler

paris, texas giving you oh say can you see vibes omg.. i’m so excited

13 minutes ago, shadesofyayo said:

any transitions on this album in the same vain as freak and art deco?

Spoiler

Not really but I really enjoyed the transitions : The Grants into Titel Track,  Paris into Grandfather , Grandfather into Let The Light In , LTLI into Margaret 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Okay may be controversial but

Spoiler

was it necessary the 2 fkin long interludes with screams and speeches? 💀 for a moment I thought it was a Sevdaliza track 👀 

I'm gonna turn the volume down on those when I'll be streaming :stareney3:

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

Spoiler

Lana really did her thing with grouping songs and the order on this album. Each part feels like a different chapter, but of the same story. It kinda reminds me of LFL in the different tones of songs, but does it in a more organized way. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Spoiler

One interlude would've been enough imho, the Jon Batiste one is actually a decent song altogether. That other one with the preacher not so much, it's too dense. :oprah3:

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:
  Hide contents

Lana really did her thing with grouping songs and the order on this album. Each part feels like a different chapter, but of the same story. It kinda reminds me of LFL in the different tones of songs, but does it in a more organized way. 

Exactly this!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

12 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I haven't either! 

11 minutes ago, fine china said:

Staying strong! We’re almost there!

I heard some 30-second snippets, once ( I never had a problem listening to a sampler of an album before release :bebe:). I forgot most of the snippets but liked what I heard. But just from the singles, they all feel like part of something bigger and they make much more sense as a whole. So no no more leaks for me, we’ve got this and are so close to release 

1 hour ago, guns and roses said:

well we still have the post release thread coming right?

yeah, but pre release is something different......

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

3 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:
  Hide contents

Didn’t hear much, but… 

Spoiler

Éclipse did Say that Lana is influenced by the men in her life, and this album feels like some songs are inspired by Sean (A&W), Mike (tunnel, Grants) and Jack D (Peppers seems way weird enough for him) 

i might be wrong cause I heard very little of the album (singles and snippets)

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I heard some 30-second snippets, once ( I never had a problem listening to a sampler of an album before release :bebe:). I forgot most of the snippets but liked what I heard. But just from the singles, they all feel like part of something bigger and they make much more sense as a whole. So no no more leaks for me, we’ve got this and are so close to release 

We've got this :worship: What are you guys planning to do on release day? It's a national holiday in my country and I'll be working only part time so I'll have a lot of free time to just relax and play the album over and over. I'm so excited to read the lyrics.

20 minutes ago, lizzyschemtrails said:
  Reveal hidden contents

One of my favourite moments is when she giggles then whispers "texas" after singing Paris 

Spoiler

omg I think this is a reference to the Paris, Texas movie :oprah:

Spoiler

omg i knew let the light in is gonna deliver :trisha: THE PRODUCTION IS SO PERFECT!! reminds me a bit of weyes blood and idk i just love everything about it, it might be one of my favourite lana songs ever