Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

okay so i love everything up to track 11 and everything from tracks 12-16 are kind of just okay for me (wish she would’ve expanded taco truck instead of just going straight into venice). i also really really enjoy the interludes. my top three so far are:

1. paris, texas

2. a&w

3. fingertips 

Taco Truck x VB

Spoiler

Taco Truck x VB is such a treat with good headphones :dance:

In defense of VB, I actually found it easy to justify its placement. After mentioning Reseda in the TT snippet, I knew she couldn’t just have a normal version of VB on it.  
I don’t think she’s really mentioned an LA city/neighborhood like that in her previous songs, other than maybe Skid Row (not comparable to Reseda though) - she’s always singing about Sunset Blvd, Topanga, etc. Reseda’s an area that many in the San Fernando Valley are familiar with (it borders the neighborhood where I’m from), a heavily POC low income “not the safest area” but with so much culture. The original version of VB shows one side of her while Taco Truck x VB shows another side of her. Her singing that Venice, CA is her home in Paris, Texas also makes it feel like a homecoming. Idk I just love it so much. The transition especially is everything to me. :icant:

sgopYhV.gif

Spoiler

I'm shook by the lackluster x VB response, I hope I love it :trisha: 

1 minute ago, Crimson and Clover said:

Taco Truck x VB

Hide contents

Taco Truck x VB is such a treat with good headphones :dance:

In defense of VB, I actually found it easy to justify its placement. After mentioning Reseda in the TT snippet, I knew she couldn’t just have a normal version of VB on it.  
I don’t think she’s really mentioned an LA city/neighborhood like that in her previous songs, other than maybe Skid Row (not comparable to Reseda though) - she’s always singing about Sunset Blvd, Topanga, etc. Reseda’s an area that many in the San Fernando Valley are familiar with (it borders the neighborhood where I’m from), a heavily POC low income “not the safest area” but with so much culture. The original version of VB shows one side of her while Taco Truck x VB shows another side of her. Her singing that Venice, CA is her home in Paris, Texas also makes it feel like a homecoming. Idk I just love it so much. The transition especially is everything to me. :icant:

Spoiler

Omg this is what I like to hear :trisha:

10 minutes ago, 111 said:

this is the most nonsensical rule of this forum. for an artist who has all her albums leak prior to release and for a forum that is so leak centric, it makes no sense to enforce a "no spoilers" rule. it makes the thread unreadable and hard to follow with the amount of spoiler tags, if you are waiting to hear the album on the 24th then simply don't visit this thread. y'all know most of this forum has already heard the album by now so that'll be main discussion 90% of the time. i don't go around looking at threads or twitter discussions for shows i haven't seen yet expecting them to be spoiler free... 

it also makes no sense to have pre-release and post-release threads or whatever. there should be one main thread that allows spoilers, discussion of leaks and for insiders to post etc and one no-spoilers thread for people abstaining until release to share their excitement. 

this should be how it's set up:

LDRX Pre-Pre Release Discussion (at this point there aren't really 'spoilers' except for whatever snippet or little tidbit she shares which is almost always read or listened by everyone) 

----- after album announcement ----

LDRX Album Thread (w SPOILERS)

LDRX Spoiler Free Discussion Thread (as we get closer to the album when snippets or leaks or descriptions start popping up, then this one can get hidden on release day) 

there's no need for a post-release thread... just my two cents @ mods and @ ellen 

You Spilled..100% agree. It’s so messy and irritating…they should seriously consider your set up.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, Im a ghost now said:

Reveal hidden contents

You're literally a life saver LMAO it makes so much sense that she's mentioning a song and not some random notebook :toofloppy: and after that verse she says accordion so yeah, this is it. I think by the lyrics she means that she knew this very old song since she was 14?

Spoiler

im only 10% certain btw lol so it feels WILD for me to theorise this deep but i think she's saying the song 'new froggy' (originally jazz piano) was already 10 yrs old when it was kinda reinvented by other artists towards the 40s using accordion 

can't wait to read official lyrics and for this to be sooo far from right :true: but when ur right ur right, even when ur wrong :kris: 

mUENGN9.png

Just now, x VB said:

Did they sample a part of VB or is it another version/demo of the song?

remix

soooo girls... are we expecting a tour this era?!?!?! :oprah3::trisha::true:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

9 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Well I cracked and listened to the leak, and although I might save more listening until I have the CD in front of me, I'm going to take this chance to bow out of being around here. I really don't need to hear a bunch of dumb takes on songs expressed by children. I do want to give a shoutout to Eclipse, though, for proving with his opinion of Kintsugi that leakers are great at reading emails that aren't intended for them, but generally don't know the first thing about life or music.

Shouldnt you be at work providing for your family if we’re such children compared to you (most of us are 17+)? You got hungry kids to feed at home! Anyone can like what they want… music is subjective… period.

That being said. Kintsugi is the best on the album!!!

Spoiler

paris, texas highkey in my top 4 favorite lana songs :oic2:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy