Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, lanitataco said:

oui

like full hq??:godlaugh:

Just now, Dominikx4 said:

no hate no shade no pink lemonade but why do yall keep asking like...

bc i just woke up and i have no idea whats going on 😭 

Okay here's my ranking of the songs (minus Candy Necklace ofc, but also minus the Interludes which I'm saving to pad out the album release experience lol.)

Spoiler

1. Taco Truck x VB - Venice Bitch is my all-time favourite Lana song, so you know I'm EATING rn. We were kind of robbed of a 9 minute closing song though... if Taco Truck had another verse and chorus, this would have been the serve of the millenium rather than the serve of the century. 

2. A&W - Jimmy jimmy cocoa fucking puff. 

3. Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing - I had chills the entire time. Buildings collapsed. People DIED. 

4. Peppers - I love how messy this song is. It's so unserious in the best way possible. The surf rock interlude near the end grabbed me by the throat and is one of my favourite moments from the album. 

5. The Grants - ok I actually like the intro dkm! Singing the chorus with my entire chest and then crying at "My grandmother's last smile... I'm gonna take that too with me" was a moment I will not soon forget.

6. Fingertips - the way Lana made this 5 minute track feel like 2 minutes because of how enraptured I was with the lyrics should be studied. I was hanging off of every word. The only reason it's not higher is because I don't see it having as much replay value as the top 5. It's a very heavy track.

7. Fishtail - when the beat came in, I leapt! The last third of the album was so fun after the heavy hitting mid-section. I really find that "painting red flags green" lyric delivery to be so jarring though... what was she doing there?

8. Let The Light In - I was expecting a lyrical retread of Kintsugi but what a curveball! Mother and Father sound so good together here. It's a very easy-going, smooth track that is already stuck in my head.

9. Kintsugi - some will label this song as a boring piano ballad, but it is so much more. The lyrics are so beautiful, and I love the unique production elements like the whistling. Yes I cried.

10. Paris, Texas - in a weird way, this song is exactly how I wanted it to sound? She's cute. Gorgeous even! The melodies are very catchy and I definitely see this one rising through my rankings the more I listen to it. 

11. Margaret - and here I was expecting this song to be my least favourite! This definitely feels like more of a Bleachers song than a Lana one (kind of giving Terrible Thrills). I love how playful and romantic it is, that's so refreshing for Lana. The December 18th line made me laugh out loud. 

12. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - no shade to this song but I'm just way more excited for the other songs on this album. Still an objectively great song though.

13. Sweet - picking a least favourite from this album was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in this life. There are no bad songs here, but Sweet feels the least essential. It's giving Love Song 2.0 to me which I adore.

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

My top 5 right now in no order 

A&W

Fishtail 

Peppers 

Let The Light In 

Grandfather 

But every song is so beautiful :wowcry:listening to Paris , Texas right now & wow it deserves a Top 5 spot too 

And Taco Truck might be my fave closer since Get Free :oprah: 

Spoiler

I really wished Taco Truck part was longer bc it's so good

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Spoiler

i wonder if lana will forever consider california her home or end up moving. all the places she’s been and that’s the one that she’s so emotionally tied and bonded to. i just love paris, texas so much because i’m a wanderer like lana and also have difficulty confronting my emotions so i resort to escapism (mentally, though, because i’m too poor to travel 😭)

The Jon Baptist’s interlude is giving The Great Gig In The Sky by Pink Floyd and your flop taste really shows.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Spoiler

peppers is definetly one of lanas catchiest songs i haven't been able to get "me and my boyfriend listen to the chilli peppers" out of my head since hearing it:party:

5a86642010719_tumblr_otrpzotSn41rdizqpo1

18 minutes ago, 111 said:

this is the most nonsensical rule of this forum. for an artist who has all her albums leak prior to release and for a forum that is so leak centric, it makes no sense to enforce a "no spoilers" rule. it makes the thread unreadable and hard to follow with the amount of spoiler tags, if you are waiting to hear the album on the 24th then simply don't visit this thread. y'all know most of this forum has already heard the album by now so that'll be main discussion 90% of the time. i don't go around looking at threads or twitter discussions for shows i haven't seen yet expecting them to be spoiler free... 

it also makes no sense to have pre-release and post-release threads or whatever. there should be one main thread that allows spoilers, discussion of leaks and for insiders to post etc and one no-spoilers thread for people abstaining until release to share their excitement. 

this should be how it's set up:

LDRX Pre-Pre Release Discussion (at this point there aren't really 'spoilers' except for whatever snippet or little tidbit she shares which is almost always read or listened by everyone) 

----- after album announcement ----

LDRX Album Thread (w SPOILERS)

LDRX Spoiler Free Discussion Thread (as we get closer to the album when snippets or leaks or descriptions start popping up, then this one can get hidden on release day) 

there's no need for a post-release thread... just my two cents @ mods and @ ellen 

Im agreeing with you too much lately